[Resolved] Mod Help Needed: Custom Heat Shield Resource not burning out on reentry.

I am writing a module config, which replaces the stock Ablator resource with a more realistic one. I got it to replace the resource with the new one, but the new one does not ablate upon reentry. Can anyone tell me what code I'm missing?

Link:Realistic Heat Managment

Edit: @TheRagingIrishman, thanks for explaining the problem. @Benjamin Kerman, the current numbers are just placeholders for later. 

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

5 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I am writing a module config, which replaces the stock Ablator resource with a more realistic one. I got it to replace the resource with the new one, but the new one does not ablate upon reentry. Can anyone ell me what code I'm missing?

Link:Realistic Heat Managment

The problem is that you are renaming the module from ModuleAblator to ModuleAblativeShielding. You need to leave it as ModuleAblator (but you can still change the resource it uses within)

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.