Moving to Gameplay Questions.

On 6/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

tell me how to improve

What exactly do you mean by "improve"?  There can be lots of possible goals for aircraft (or indeed, any craft):  stability, fuel efficiency, maneuverability, high top speed, low landing speed, operational ceiling, etc.

So:  is there something specific about the aircraft that you don't like, or that you'd like to improve?

Also, general tip-- whenever you're posting questions about a specific craft, it's often helpful to provide a screenshot; makes things more convenient for people who may want to help you.  Yes, you've included some screenshots on your KerbalX page, which is great :)  ... just, perhaps worth saving folks a mouse click.

Sadly, only people with the same mods as you will be able to even open the file to look at the plane. (BD Armory, Airplane Plus, NKD -- maybe others.)

Edited by bewing

5 hours ago, Snark said:

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

What exactly do you mean by "improve"?  There can be lots of possible goals for aircraft (or indeed, any craft):  stability, fuel efficiency, maneuverability, high top speed, low landing speed, operational ceiling, etc.

So:  is there something specific about the aircraft that you don't like, or that you'd like to improve?

Also, general tip-- whenever you're posting questions about a specific craft, it's often helpful to provide a screenshot; makes things more convenient for people who may want to help you.  Yes, you've included some screenshots on your KerbalX page, which is great :)  ... just, perhaps worth saving folks a mouse click.

Ok I fixed it now. As for the pictures, I am on mobile right now, so I have to wait until I can go on a computer. I might be able to do it on mobile, but this thing is pretty slow.

3 hours ago, bewing said:

Sadly, only people with the same mods as you will be able to even open the file to look at the plane. (BD Armory, Airplane Plus, NKD -- maybe others.)

Yeah, I know. I guess that's why many people like sharing stock crafts instead.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23
Done Changing

My current guess is that you have way too much wing area forwards and too much mass to the back, leading to a dynamically unstable craft that wants to flip out at the slightest opportunity. For stability, you will want to move mass forwards and wings backwards.

Granted, if you want to dogfight, you don't want it too stable; I think real-world fighter aircraft are generally speaking slightly dynamically unstable and require constant computerized input (fly-by-wire) to stay on a steady course.

You can compensate somewhat with control surfaces, but until you're more confident as a pilot, I'd stick to dynamically stable craft, where center of pressure* is behind center of mass.

*I think KSP in stock displays center of lift, which doesn't account for just drag of parts, and I'm pretty sure is an arbitrary distinction caused by KSP's stock aero model. Somebody who's played stock can correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Starman4308 said:

*I think KSP in stock displays center of lift, which doesn't account for just drag of parts, and I'm pretty sure is an arbitrary distinction caused by KSP's stock aero model. Somebody who's played stock can correct me if I'm wrong.

No CoD in stock game and CoL only take in account lift listed in part description (CorrectCoL mod is a popular 'fixing', but still no CoD) 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, not because a arbitrary distinction of the aero model but a design decision (or flaw)  to not include it. 

3 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

No CoD in stock game and CoL only take in account lift listed in part description (CorrectCoL mod is a popular 'fixing', but still no CoD) 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, not because a arbitrary distinction of the aero model but a design decision (or flaw)  to not include it. 

Alright, thanks for that. I think the last time I used stock aero was the Great Souposphere of 0.25. I made at least one asparagus staged pancake abomination back in those days.

Thanks everyone. 

On 12 June 2017 at 9:00 PM, Starman4308 said:

My current guess is that you have way too much wing area forwards and too much mass to the back, leading to a dynamically unstable craft that wants to flip out at the slightest opportunity. For stability, you will want to move mass forwards and wings backwards.

Granted, if you want to dogfight, you don't want it too stable; I think real-world fighter aircraft are generally speaking slightly dynamically unstable and require constant computerized input (fly-by-wire) to stay on a steady course.

You can compensate somewhat with control surfaces, but until you're more confident as a pilot, I'd stick to dynamically stable craft, where center of pressure* is behind center of mass.

Yeah I don't want it too stable. I'll try what you said, because when I turn, it starts of fine, then FAR tells me Large AoA/sideslip, then I just flip all over the place. Sometimes I even get Kraken attacks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.