Tiger Meet 2017

XB-70A

Some pictures for  all aviation fanatics around here.

The 2017 editions is happening in France, the last time was in 2011, but for the first time it's at the BAN (Naval Air Station) Landivisiau in Brittany instead of the traditional Cambrai air force base they used all the times before since 64.

Our family house being just at an hour of driving from Landi' my father just make the trip today and sent me the pictures. Alas only the French Navy flew today, all the other members being grounded.

MJ7TCqY.jpg

Morane-Saulnier MS.760 "Paris" leading a Fouga "Magister" and a Dassault "Rafale-M".

omKhEqZ.jpg

Grumman E-2C "Hawkeye" 2000 with its simple special livery.

6Sihb5R.jpg

AgustaWestland AW101.

Then now enters the Tiger!

eyfAH18.jpg

aaqQ6yf.jpg

y8X06D0.jpg

72v7vZK.jpg

S5FazLi.jpg

pmap9bC.jpg

MNPr9Hl.jpg

B3mUind.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hope it will not be considered as a "necro" but I re-up it as my father sent me some new ones.

She were taken by him and other by one of his friends who also is a professional, taking aircraft pictures all around the world.

Pnn4F6V.jpg

One of the French Navy Rafale climbing up at full AB.

TbAVIZJ.jpg

Welcome to the Belgians! I'm not totally sure about the CASA 295 operator but it seems like one of the Czech Air Force.

Bo3vnOx.jpg

EkKQhNP.jpg

French Air Force Airbus A400M Atlas.

afl4NWb.jpg

6YXK6Fz.jpg

Bongiorno to the Italians arriving onboard their Eurofighter EJ2000s...

6wsUhtM.jpg

And their Bell 212, in a typical Italian paint!

O4jGII7.jpg

A tiger Gazelle. Probably a camouflage from the prey to become the predator...

h2nVKyo.jpg

YDRcD0S.jpg

My two favorite. A French Navy Rafale leading a Luftwaffe Tornado ECR, a Luftstreitkrafte (Austria) Saab 105 and a Luchtmacht (Netherland) F-16A over the Mont Saint Michel.

VdTK2Wb.jpg

Italians again.

useiCou.jpg

The Czech once again made a beautiful work with one of their four Saab Gripen they sent here!

hNI0gfX.jpg

Rafale pilot.

1cdeHkI.jpg

Another shot of the Tiger Rafale.

dUiQl5R.jpg

Dual take-off by the Rafale display team. Following the Tiger Meet they went to the Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton meeting.

Don't worry, personally I stayed years without knowing the Maple Flag exercise.

The Tiger Meet is an exercise but created to enhance the solidarity between the NATO members. Each year, since 1961, multiple members are sending a squadron for the meeting but the rule is to send at least one aircraft with a Tiger theme painted on. If I'm not making any mistake it originally was a project from a French defense minister which led to an association of the Armee de l'Air, the R.A.F and the U.S.A.F a bit later for the first exercise.

Edited by XB-70A

• 2 months later...

Maybe it's a little bit oudated subject, but I wanted to share you a wonderful vid of the Tiger Meet 2017 made by the French Naval Air Force (l' Aéronavale) :

As I'm living at about 1 hr of road for Landivisiau, I heard them fly :) However, I was unable to see them from my location. Exept a few times.

Enjoy !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.