Does there need to be a mod for Friction tweakable to remember its setting?

Drew Kerman

Currently using the fixed gear and getting them aligned is a PITA and I've tried my best and they still make my craft spin out past 30m/s. So I currently disable friction before starting my takeoff roll. But while there is an action group assignment for wheels that lets me disable friction, it doesn't remember that I have it set to 0. So, when I load the craft I disable auto-friction and set the friction to 0. Then I re-enable auto-friction and go about taxiing. Then I get to the runway and toggle off friction but the tweakable has been set back to 1. Unless I'm using it wrong, it seems kind of pointless to have an action to toggle friction when it doesn't actually let you switch between friction settings.

Hi @Drew Kerman, big fan of KSA.

I don't have an answer to your question, but perhaps a workaround. Even though they've improved much in the last releases, I've pretty much given up on the stock gear because I could never figure out what the adjustments were supposed to do, and I would always end up sliding all over the place. 

I've found that the Adjustable Landing Gear from the Kerbal Foundries mod behave much more like I expect. I've started to reconfigure the gear from that  mod to look and work like fixed gear. I remove the steering and motor modules in the config and change the strut and wheel rotation limits to allow for the struts to be angled 45-60 degrees so they stick out like the stock fixed gear

Limitations are that the gear are still retractable so I have remember remove it from the action group or at least not to hit "G". 

Also the gear bays are still visible so you have to clip them to hide them, but this may be adjustable in the config too, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Thanks. I am still considering the move over to KF with future aircraft, even though I do very much like the look of the stock gear. Even if I can't get the fixed gear to cooperate I don't really need to use them when I actually fly if I don't want to, but since I managed to get to a point where I could use them was just wondering if I could make doing so a little easier and along the way see if anyone else had similar complaints about the behavior of the friction toggle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.