[1.12.x] Kerbal CCTV with WiFi camera

linuxgurugamer

Nice mod from long ago, made by @Tuareg and @ximrm, original thread is here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96785-kerbal-cctv-11-now-with-wifi-camera/

Dynamic CCTV system compatible with KAS (isn't required). Now with WiFi camera

Camera functions:

• Switch on/off
  • Sweeping movement on/off
  • Set FoV (only on controllable craft so set it before you attach it to a building or wreck or whatever)

Monitor functions:

• Switch on/off
  • Detect cameras
  • Remote control of camera movement
  • Cycle through attached cameras

Best with Through the Eyes of a Kerbal. and KAS Thanks for the guys for the great mods.

Patches are included for the following mods:

• ASET
  • FASA
  • HullcamVDS
  • JSI

Available on CKAN

License:  CC-BY-NC-SA

Source:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CCTV/releases/tag/1.1.1

Download:  https://spacedock.info/mod/1414/CCTV

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

My remote control station:

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 0:33 PM, Beetlecat said:

frickin' a! :D

This is rather cool to see back again. Thanks for the continuing efforts, LGG!

You're welcome

6 minutes ago, Space Scumbag said:

It is finally back. Oh my god. Thank you so much.

Where did you find the original files? I couldn't find a download link.

Hee hee.  I have my secrets (which includes a full copy of Kerbalstuff)

You're welcome

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this compatible with RPM's camera functions, or are the links to HullCam only one way?  (I know it utilizes JSIPartUtils for the camera function, so theoretically it could be linked to RPM.)

• 1 month later...

New release, 1.1.2:

• Updated for KSP 1.3.1
On 8/11/2017 at 12:33 AM, ohyeah2389 said:

Wow. Holy crap. I thought this mod was dead!

Now I can make a 360 degree wraparound cockpit!

It WAS dead.  Now it's alive.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:56 PM, Ruedii said:

Is this compatible with RPM's camera functions, or are the links to HullCam only one way?  (I know it utilizes JSIPartUtils for the camera function, so theoretically it could be linked to RPM.)

I really have no idea, but it does need RPM to work, so probably it is.

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL, are you going through my entire portfolio?  I keep seeing your comments on more and more of my threads :-)

Not complaining, just curious

I did look through your spreadsheet and see what all mods you have picked up, which is how I found this.  :)   Awesome job by the way!  A few months back I setup a modded factorio game and ended up spending like 150 hours on a map, they launched 0.16 and I was ready for a break so I shelved that till all the mods get updated and the new version get stabilized.   I messed around with some other games and ended up coming back to KSP over my christmas break, the one thing I've never really tackled here is building bases on other planets with MKS, so I working on setting up a KSP install that is just USI+, my goal is for it to be lean on part packs and running smooth and fairly bug free before I start the playthough in earnest.  So right now when I get a few hours on kerbal I'm just testing different mods and trying to be really critical about what mods to install for the playthrough.  

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Uhmmm... while the ReStock whitelist/JSI folder is updated in the master, it looks like the JSI folder itself never made it into the release package... neither the one available in Github/releases or the one hosted on SpaceDock :(

<snipped incorrect info about the patch content itself> :P

EDIT: nevermind... your patch is correct... i just saw JSI supplies its own texture :P

Edited by Stone Blue

12 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer Uhmmm... while the ReStock whitelist/JSI folder is updated in the master, it looks like the JSI folder itself never made it into the release package... neither the one available in Github/releases or the one hosted on SpaceDock :(

EDIT: nevermind... your patch is correct... i just saw JSI supplies its own texture :P

I haven't included JSI in the release for a while; it's an optional thing

On 3/15/2019 at 9:30 PM, Stone Blue said:

The reason there is a CCTV.restockwhitelist in the JSI folder is that there is a reference in the JSI folder to that file in Squad.  There are NO parts in the CCTV mod itself which references anything in the Squad folders

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New release, 1.1.6

• Added installChecker
  • Rebuild for 1.8

Please note that this requires the JSI Part Utilities, version 0.5.0.  It was just updated, probably won't be updated in CKAN for a few hours, so if you need it, you can get it here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartUtilities/releases/tag/0.5.0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.