[1.12.x] JSIPartUtilities Reutilitized -- a mishmash of clever things to do with parts.

linuxgurugamer

@Mihara has been gone for more than a year, and some mods still depend on his utilities, so I've adopted it in a maintenance mode.  Original thread here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/79715-02

This is a collection of PartModules that were made mostly for solving various problems posed by alexustas while he was making KONQUEST,

In particular, he wanted to be able to select between multiple part configurations while in the VAB, but obviously, it didn't stop there. Right now, the plugin can:

1. Toggle meshes and colliders on and off both in the VAB and out of it. 
  2. Track animation states to do same. (In the particular case it was used for, a wheel collider remains inactive up until the animation that extends the wheel finishes playing.) 
  3. Try to toggle other PartModules on and off. (Doesn't work for all cases) 
  4. Swap shaders and textures on meshes, alter a number of other parameters like mass and cost. 
  5. Give you much more options when decorating stuff with flags. 
  6. Replicate the function of Reflaginator -- but working properly with agency flags. :)

This won't do anything by itself, but there are a few mods which use this:

• SpaceTug (currently not available)

There are others as well

License:  GPLV3

Source:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartUtilities

Download: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartUtilities/releases

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 minutes ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

:o Or is he gone?

I am. That is, I eventually drifted out of modding because I realised that launching KSP to test out a change in the code takes up all the time I could be playing it instead, and then I got a job. I am not going to give in to the temptation to start coding for KSP again.

But it would be sad if all that work went to waste, wouldn't it?

9 minutes ago, Mihara said:

I am. That is, I eventually drifted out of modding because I realised that launching KSP to test out a change in the code takes up all the time I could be playing it instead, and then I got a job. I am not going to give in to the temptation to start coding for KSP again.

But it would be sad if all that work went to waste, wouldn't it?

If you ever get the temptation to take up the reins, feel free :D

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@linuxgurugamerWow that's awesome thank you i think this is key component to getting the ERS rovers working again I was hoping  @alexustas would update them they are brilliant rovers with so much detail and functionality he is a bit of a ghost when trying to contact him which is understandable everyone would want something.

Edited by Virtualgenius

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Syrius said:

Does the Exploration Rover System by ASET even work? I loved the look of it but given its age....

Linux does the mod work on 1.6.1 and later?

Syrius

Funny you should ask, I was trying it out last night.

short answer is that I don’t know, i didnt have enough time to figure it out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@linuxgurugamer thanks for maintaining this and was wondering if you could compile a new DLL  when you have enough time to do it with all your other mods 

It was recompiled for 1.8.  It doesn’t ned to be recompiled for 1.9 unless there is a bug

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@linuxgurugamerit does work but you have to take very special care on how you install the wheels the little red arrows on each wheel have to point up  sorry to have bugged you user error

Besides the fact that the instructions for that rover state that, why did you post in this thread for a problem with the rover? 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Feels very weird bumping a thread from 2 years ago, but I'm assuming this is still stable for 1.12.5. I'm including ERS in my install, and this is a dependent. In the zip, it has "RPM Bundles" with a few assetbundle files. I have the current version of RPM, and I'm seeing a pair of similar files, "rasterpropmonitor-font.assetbundle" and "rasterpropmonitor-shaders.assetbundle" in the RasterPropMonitor file. The bundles from this download are that first one, and then bundles for each of the main operating systems. Do I need to bring over the Windows one, or do I skip this file since I have RPM?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.