Crashing on loading - mono.dll - Plenty of RAM left

So today I decided to reinstall the game after a couple of years, only to find that I can't actually get the thing to load. Every time it reaches a certain point during the load process, it will crash.

This is a completely vanilla, fresh install. No mods at all. From what I searched about this error, it would often happen with people who had 4GB of RAM or less in their systems. Not in this case, I have 16GB. Also running the 64-bit version, but it will crash on the 32-bit version as well. Same error.

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:e4ec0e18.

Error occurred at 2017-06-12_205500.
D:\Jogos\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by Von.
45% memory in use.
16257 MB physical memory [8807 MB free].
23681 MB paging file [15135 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134215835 MB free].
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Already tried:

• Updating graphics drivers.
  • Updating drivers in general.
  • Virus scan.
  • Verifying integrity of the game.
  • Reinstalling the game.

Here is a download link for all the output from the crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/woat0zbughoy6rl/2017-06-12_205438.zip?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Update: I installed 1.2.2 and it loaded without problems. This issue appears to be specific to 1.3.

Edited by Tiovon

You say you have no mods, but the entry directly before the crash is "Compiling Part 'Parts/quantumStrut/part/QuantumStrut'This is not a stock part. Your log also confirms that the QuantumStruts DLL is present.

Weirdly, your log also says its not in your GameData folder... have you installed mods in any of the (defunct) folders in the main KSP directory?

Anyway, the advice is the same. I'm assuming you've installed through steam, as you said about veriying integrity. Uninstall, delete the KSP directory completely, and reinstall.

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

You say you have no mods, but the entry directly before the crash is "Compiling Part 'Parts/quantumStrut/part/QuantumStrut'This is not a stock part. Your log also confirms that the QuantumStruts DLL is present.

Weirdly, your log also says its not in your GameData folder... have you installed mods in any of the (defunct) folders in the main KSP directory?

Anyway, the advice is the same. I'm assuming you've installed through steam, as you said about veriying integrity. Uninstall, delete the KSP directory completely, and reinstall.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I forgot that when I bought this laptop I just transferred my Steam library folder directly to it to avoid having to download all the games again. The KSP folder was there, but it wasn't installed on Steam. When I installed it, it just used the same folder with all the old stuff.

Thanks for the help severedsolo!

Edited by Tiovon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.