[1.3.x]MoonReorganizer 0.6.1-Dec. 3, 2017

Mrcarrot

DSMrCXc.png

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Ever get bored with the stock system and wish someone would just move things around to make it (slightly) more interesting? That has become a reality with MoonReorganizer. A small Kopernicus config compatible with 1.3.x (at least) moves Minmus to Duna and renames it. It also puts Gilly in Jool orbit. Eve and Laythe swap, and Eeloo is moved to a binary relationship with Dres. Pol becomes a tiny moon to the Mun. All visual mods working with stock KSP should work with this- they are still the same planets, just moved.

Please note that I am unsure whether this will work with saves where your ships are landed on Minmus. If you do not want to risk it, make a new save.

One more thing- I have the bad habit of not testing mods before I release them. As such, this mod may have unknown bugs(of which, as far as I know, there aren't any), so be cautious and back up your saves. Seriously, a parts pack deleted my career save once. I was mad.

And now, the moment you've all (or at least those of you who chose to stick around) been waiting for: Screenshots

Album On Imgur (sorry, I tried to embed the entire album, it didn't work, and I'm too lazy to redo it now)

Download@Curse: Download Link

Dowload@GitHub: Download Link

Download@SpaceDock: Download Link

Also available on CKAN

Recommended Mod: SigmaBinary

SigmaBinary is made by @Sigma88 and will allow the binary relationship between Dres and Eeloo.

discord1-1494780898_lrg.png

Legal Information

License: MIT

This mod bundles Kopernicus, the mod required to modify the planetary system. Kopernicus is not licensed as MIT, and its license can be found here.

Hope you like it!

For Support:

Either post in this thread or email me at [email protected].

Include the following:

What version of MoonReorganizer you're running

What other mods you're running and what versions

Which version of Kopernicus you're running

which version of KSP you're running

Edited by Mrcarrot
Changed GitHub link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

V0.2 has been released. Should be available on Curse soon.

Reasons for update:

Dwight was a little far in by my standards

Allowed for compatibility with planet packs.

Edited by Mrcarrot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Screenshots are outdated, I will get current ones ASAP

Edit: Now that I load up V0.3 in KSP, I notice that laythe is actually INSIDE the Sun. Expect V0.3.1 soon.

Edited by Mrcarrot

V0.4:

Made Dres the moon of Eeloo, rather than vice versa

Eeloo is roughly in Dres's old spot

Fixed Laythe inside Sun

Changed Minmus from literally changing the "in name" to cbNameLater

Fixed Eve semiMajorAxis

V0.5:
Finished unfinished code left over from 0.4- move Pol to Mun orbit with a tiny bit of lore

Added GPO compatibility- Settings.cfg->playWithGPO- set true or false- if true, use all lowercase letters.

Added KSP-AVC compatibility

Edited by Mrcarrot

Planned features for 0.6-1.0:

More compatibility configs (this will probably not break your planet packs, but I would like to reorganize their moons- this is called MoonReorganizer after all)

Moving Gullis (GPO Minmus)

That's pretty much it for now. I would appreciate ideas from the community, however.

You can also request planet pack support.

Edited by Mrcarrot

V0.6- Fully tested, don't worry:

Fixed Minmus displayName- it would just say Minmus before

Fixed Pol inside Mun

WIP Moho- not exactly sure what

And, as promised, screenshots.

Eeloo-Dres

OOCRuHO.png

Overhead view:

exKDzYB.png

Eve

tFQt3O6.png

All of Jool's moons

hGeQiKT.png

Duna, Ike, and Dwight

GPZVkVr.png

Pol, Mun, and Kerbin

azh2yGt.png

Overhead view of everything

51caiWT.png

Screenshots have been added to the OP

Edited by Mrcarrot

19 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Splendid

Going to try moving moons in Before Kerbin, too.

EDIT: but that won't happen until tomorrow. It will, however, be easier for users, because Before Kerbin, if I'm not mistaken, uses @Kopernicus:FOR[BK].

Edited by Mrcarrot

Looking for official testers who are good with flying to other planets/moons and want to have a challenge. No form of payment will be awarded, other than credits in the OP. PM me if interested.

(3 GB RAM makes KSP into a slideshow, and I can't get anything done but looking at stuff.)

Edited by Mrcarrot

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, GenesisPlayz said:

Ok, but make sure; Don't do it yet untill 0.3 is released, you will be missing out som much :wink:

I just started downloading 0.2.5, and now you tell me to wait? Okay, but I'll start working on it now.

Edited by Mrcarrot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.