ESL-next launch 1 googol years from now (aka no more ESL)

Upcomming live launches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IfPaCViC00

RECENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
we have now expanded our community envolvement to discord! https://discord.gg/kCtQSBt

we have space for @Uace24 and your staff if you want to pop by :D 

we also have a Youtube channel now!

we are looking to expand more info on the discord as well as rules

hope to see you there!

ESL or Earth Satellite Launcher will launch your payload into LEO , im using @Kartoffelkuchen's SpaceX pack and my own launchers

LAUNCHING A SATELLITE REQUIREMENTS 

Spoiler

Must have an on board CPU (Probe core)

Must have a communications divice (im using Remote tech)

Must specifiy an orbit (Unless its GTO then say GTO)

if the orbit is GTO must have on board engines

MUST HAVE A NAME!!!

must be stock RO other than FASA experiments, SCAN SAT

must be less than 50 parts

CHECK THE ROCKET ARMORY (MANIFEST)

Spoiler

ESL SR2

Spoiler

name: ESL SR2 (Earth Satellite Launchers Sounding Rocket 2)

type: sounding rocket (sub orbital)

max payload: a lot.

Dv: 5000 m/s (as in speed on the test run not fuel)

flights: 1 (15/06/17)

yes you can launch things on Sub orbital rockets

ESL OC1

Spoiler
Spoiler

name: ESL OC1 (Earth Satellite Launchers Orbital Class 1)

type: Orbital class

max payload: unknown

Dv: unknown

flights: 0 (16/06/17)

max Q: 47.4

ESL OC2

Spoiler

name: ESL OC2

type; Orbital

max payload 10t?

dV: 17346 m/s

pictures:

SUBMISION:

Spoiler

Name:

Mass:

Orbit:

Inclination:

https://kerbalx.com/hangars/20648 <- put the craft in this hangar

LINK to payload fairing texture (if you want one used)

thats all you need to know im back in RO RSS because i got bored of stock

any feedback feel free to tell me (as thats the only way people get better!)

ALL LAUNCHES WILL BE FROM OMELEK ISLAND (WHERE THE FALCON 1 LAUNCHED) 

Spoiler

i found this image funny for some reason

Image result for omelek spacex

im using KOS craft files are public however code isnt only customers can have it (people who want their satilite launched with my rockets) becuasei dont want to give @Uace24 the code :P 

mission controll stuff:

requirements:

a forums account

> 5 posts (i think its that for PM's)

KOS experience (coder only)

RSS/RO experience 

to not be on @Uace24's mission control team

the payload hangar (public only post payloads!!!)

https://kerbalx.com/hangars/20648

the rocket manifest hangar:

https://kerbalx.com/hangars/20645

discord discusson:

https://discord.gg/kCtQSBt

youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnDEMKX4Won8xIsu1Bm_WxA

Edited by kerbinorbiter

honestly once more, I'm kinda tired of seeing you do these payload submissions. No offense, but roughly 10% to 15% looking at mission reports of  want to see payload submissions while 75% to 80% want to see a mission report turned into a story. 

Also, this is your third or fourth topic you started on the same subject. 

Edited by Alpha 360

True I do get bored easily but this challenge is one that I'm unwilling to stop (unless the computer breaks on me then I would be angry)

however I will put some story into it so it's a bit of both

and im going to be climbing the technology ladder by starting with sounding rockets then progress to orbit class rockets so @Uace24 you have nothing to worry about (yet)

Edited by kerbinorbiter

1 hour ago, kerbinorbiter said:

True I do get bored easily but this challenge is one that I'm unwilling to stop (unless the computer breaks on me then I would be angry)

however I will put some story into it so it's a bit of both

and im going to be climbing the technology ladder by starting with sounding rockets then progress to orbit class rockets so @Uace24 you have nothing to worry about (yet)

You should do what we do and use twitch to stream the missions. 

the ESL's SR1 (earth Satilite Launcher Sounding Rocket one Flight one) was a failure the propelants vaporised because of the accelaration says the engineers in the responce and no i wont be using twitch reason: i dont think my PC can handle it as of currently

ORBIT (ALMOST!!!)

@Uace24 im deisigning an orbit class rocket now :P 

its almost time for the ESL OC1 (Earth Satilite Launchers Orbital Class 1) yeah what a name of you can suggest a better one please do so it will be powered by ESL's Earth 3 engine (E3atm) and Earth 3 vac (E3vac) we are now taking payload submissions for ESL OC1-2 (flight 2) so get ready to watch the ESL OC fly to orbit 

Edited by kerbinorbiter

ESL OC1

today we reached orbit when the rocket lifted off the pad everyone in mission control stopped and looked at the main screen no one moved or breathed, after 10 seconds everyone looked at their data then at T+ 2 minutes the flight systems called out "eight point eight G" this was higher than expected moments later second stage separated from first stage a sigh of relief we where half way to orbit the flight director gave a check of all systems they were go then nearing SECO the team held their breath there had been a few failures of the second stage ESL E3V engine during full scale tests, that engine had 15 ignitions....

"SECO1" everyone cheered the ESL OC1 had reached orbit next was the relight over the Atlantic ocean everyone in the team where calm and composed the work was done we were in orbit and that all that mattered the Flight control boss came in and said well done, good job guys and proceded to open the snacks up and party!

we had succeeded on the first attempt  no on board action because we were concerned about weight but the upper stage had 1700 m/s of Dv left

Edited by kerbinorbiter

3 hours ago, kerbinorbiter said:

ESL OC1

today we reached orbit when the rocket lifted off the pad everyone in mission control stopped and looked at the main screen no one moved or breathed, after 10 seconds everyone looked at their data then at T+ 2 minutes the flight systems called out "eight point eight G" this was higher than expected moments later second stage separated from first stage a sigh of relief we where half way to orbit the flight director gave a check of all systems they were go then nearing SECO the team held their breath there had been a few failures of the second stage ESL E3V engine during full scale tests, that engine had 15 ignitions....

"SECO1" everyone cheered the ESL OC1 had reached orbit next was the relight over the Atlantic ocean everyone in the team where calm and composed the work was done we were in orbit and that all that mattered the Flight control boss came in and said well done, good job guys and proceded to open the snacks up and party!

we had succeeded on the first attempt  no on board action because we were concerned about weight but the upper stage had 1700 m/s of Dv left

Do you actually have a mission control or are you making this up? ISEA actually has a mission control with about 30 people. I'm the Flight Dynamics Officer for our next launch

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

i think its better if i am only because it makes me develop more skills, im also developing the ESL OC2 a bigger and more powerful version of the ESL OC1 it can go to GTO (hopefully) and the heat wont be as bad as the accent path is higher attitude as it reaches 1km/s at 70Km but still can get into orbit it will have RCS so it can relight reaches 2Km/s at the karman line has an advanced UNTIL loop control system which gets it into orbit with some accuracy and control over apoapsis and hey i could add MOAR boosters to the core stage and get more speed for different satilites and im going to post links on KerbalX soon, should in theory have 2km/s once in orbit im also developing a ESL OC2 M (M for manned) because ESL OC1 cannot carry a crew, ive worked out that the ESL OC2 can carry 5t with 1600 m/s remaning so its a ratio of 320 ms/t (in dV terms) @Uace24 is that better than your rocket(s)? 

Edited by kerbinorbiter

22 minutes ago, kerbinorbiter said:

i think its better if i am only because it makes me develop more skills, im also developing the ESL OC2 a bigger and more powerful version of the ESL OC1 it can go to GTO (hopefully) and the heat wont be as bad as the accent path is higher attitude as it reaches 1km/s at 70Km but still can get into orbit it will have RCS so it can relight reaches 2Km/s at the karman line has an advanced UNTIL loop control system which gets it into orbit with some accuracy and control over apoapsis and hey i could add MOAR boosters to the core stage and get more speed for different satilites and im going to post links on KerbalX soon, should in theory have 2km/s once in orbit im also developing a ESL OC2 M (M for manned) because ESL OC1 cannot carry a crew, ive worked out that the ESL OC2 can carry 5t with 1600 m/s remaning so its a ratio of 320 ms/t (in dV terms) @Uace24 is that better than your rocket? 

He has many rockets. Pick one.

ive got a kerbalX hangar up now so if anyone wants to launch a payload add it to that 

KSP version: 1.2.2

RO: version (latest CKAN version for 1.2.2) 

also here is the first manned test it was a succsess until we had to de orbit there wasnt enough pressure

now for a bit of a history lesson on the ESL OC rockets

the OC1 was designed for manned flight when it couldnt lift the capsule we made the OC2 the OC2 was designed specificly for manned flight however like the falcon 9 it can carry satilites

Edited by kerbinorbiter

On 6/17/2017 at 7:48 AM, kerbinorbiter said:

i think its better if i am only because it makes me develop more skills, im also developing the ESL OC2 a bigger and more powerful version of the ESL OC1 it can go to GTO (hopefully) and the heat wont be as bad as the accent path is higher attitude as it reaches 1km/s at 70Km but still can get into orbit it will have RCS so it can relight reaches 2Km/s at the karman line has an advanced UNTIL loop control system which gets it into orbit with some accuracy and control over apoapsis and hey i could add MOAR boosters to the core stage and get more speed for different satilites and im going to post links on KerbalX soon, should in theory have 2km/s once in orbit im also developing a ESL OC2 M (M for manned) because ESL OC1 cannot carry a crew, ive worked out that the ESL OC2 can carry 5t with 1600 m/s remaning so its a ratio of 320 ms/t (in dV terms) @Uace24 is that better than your rocket(s)? 

Our rockets have MUCH MUCH MUCH higher performance than that our highest performance rocket AQUARIUS heavy has been tested with up to 14 T to GTO at max payload although most payloads are lighter than that. so yeah ISEA has a better payload to orbit capacity

3 hours ago, Uace24 said:

Our rockets have MUCH MUCH MUCH higher performance than that our highest performance rocket AQUARIUS heavy has been tested with up to 14 T to GTO at max payload although most payloads are lighter than that. so yeah ISEA has a better payload to orbit capacity

Maybe that needs a bit of rephrasing, but I think kerbinorbiter gets the idea. The "than" after performance should be changed to and. Just a suggestion for rephrasing. Nothing against you. Just maybe some changes with the post. Just sayn.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

the OC3 will have a completely different designation here are the designations:

ESLM-OC3-4m-2b - Earth Satilite Launchers Manned Orbital Class 3 4 meters (non-lunar) 2 SRBs

ESLP-OC3-4m-2b - Earth Satilite Launchers Payload Orbital Class 3 4 meters (non-lunar) 2 SRBs

ESLP-OC3-4m-3b - Earth satilite launchers Payload Orbital Class 3 4 meters 3 SRBs

ESLP-OC3-4m-4b Earth Satilite Launchers Payload Orbital Class 3 4 meters 4 SRBs

ESLP-OC3-4m-5b - Earth satilite launchers Payload Orbital Class 3 4 meters 5 SRBs

LUNAR RATED OC3's

ESLP-OC3-10m - Earth Satilite Launchers Payload Orbital Class 3 7 meters

ESLM-OC3-10m - Earth Satlilte Launchers Manned Orbital Class 3 7 meters

wait... my capsule + service module weighs 48t i may be able to take 20t to GTO with the OC3-2b a lot more with the 5b i think... @Uace24 who has the better rocket now???

Edited by kerbinorbiter

MAN IN ORBIT!

during the advanced control loop the OC3 didnt perform well however the pilot took control and put the craft into a 160 by 154 km orbit! (6km of deviation) 

we are now preparing to go to the moon 

somthing big tremendosly big is comming International Space Exploration Agency if you are not pressured now you should be...

it has 21640 m/s of dV in vac 

it has a max thrust of 17.67 MN

1130.968 t

max payload to orbit around about 96 t (80 t higher than @Uace24's Zeus 321 (source: http://iseaofficial.weebly.com/)

max payload to GTO 40t (26 t higher than @Uace24's capacity to GTO and 34 t higher than the zeus 321 source: http://iseaofficial.weebly.com/)

max payload to TLI 10t

:D 

three stages (two are Hydrogen and oxygen) (other one is kerosene)

Nervous yet?

Edited by kerbinorbiter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.