Name for the series  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Name for the series

• Fight for Kerbin
    • Fight of kerbin
    • Other please lave a comment

so me and my friend had a war series planed where i would do stuff on a save file like launching a tank and then send him the save file and he would launch what he wants it would work like that. Unfortunately because his computer cant handle ksp most of the time let alone with mods we had to cancel the series. I am posting on the forums about this because i was wondering if this war could still go ahead but with someone who has a better computer and can run the mods. I would prefer if you were a youtuber and made vids on it (Don't care about subs i just want to see what you did on your turn). Please leave a comment on this post if your interested and i will send you the rules via skype or email. If you have ever seen the beardy penguins fall of kerbin series it'll be a bit like that (Totally ament ripping that series off) Basic experience of ksp BDA and  that required. I will explain more when i direct message you

My youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDMOhGgb6ER4PNIk959Mhsw  you can see some preview/what to expect on that

Mods

BDA

BDA Vessel switcher

BDA vessel mover

Tweak Scale

SM Marine

SM Armory

Procedural Wings

Old school turrets

Never enough  dacka

NAS

Maritime pack

Mouse Aim flight

Kerbin Side

Hyperedit

Kerbal constructs

Kerbal foundries

Kerbal Joint reinforcement

KAX

Future weapons

Hanger extended

Fire spitter

Destruction effects

CAL

collision effects

Aviator arsenal

Aviator copits

Air park

Airplane plus

WW2 Warships

Its a lot of mods i know but i've edited them a lot by nerfing guns and buffing guns so there's no point in downloading them i will send you mod pack

DM/Comment  me if interested

PS. the war will be in 1.2.2 not 1.3 because ive not tested these mods for 1.3 just 1.2.2

Edited by Calster804

Since yours was not a mod release, the thread has been moved to General Discussions. 

We hope you enjoy your game, but please keep in mind that our forum has had so much trouble with arguments that we've had to rule out roleplaying (2.2.j). This means that if you want to pretend you are a Kerbal nation or company, you will need to do it somewhere away from our forum. 

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Shame it's modded... would have done it in stock in a heartbeat.

Stock warfare is better than modded warfare, i agree. But war with Bdarmory is eh, sort of bland.

i agree with Spartwo on how it should be stock. If it was stock or only a few mods, then i know a better way to do this than exchanging saves. The mod Dark Multiplayer is perfect for an idea like this. Best to do it full stock with that mod, cause i forget how the mod handles other mods. All you would need is for the players to have the client and someone to have a server. If i had someone who was wanting to do it with me i would install the server software on my home server. I've always wanted to experiment with multiplayer stuff with someone, but i don't have any friends who have the game and want to.

This is a good idea here, but i just think the mod list is far too big and complicated, and would probs be more fun if done full stock or near stock. With a multiplayer mod this would be much easier to do.

On 2017-6-15 at 1:58 AM, Potato_King347 said:

i agree with Spartwo on how it should be stock. If it was stock or only a few mods, then i know a better way to do this than exchanging saves. The mod Dark Multiplayer is perfect for an idea like this. Best to do it full stock with that mod, cause i forget how the mod handles other mods. All you would need is for the players to have the client and someone to have a server. If i had someone who was wanting to do it with me i would install the server software on my home server. I've always wanted to experiment with multiplayer stuff with someone, but i don't have any friends who have the game and want to.

This is a good idea here, but i just think the mod list is far too big and complicated, and would probs be more fun if done full stock or near stock. With a multiplayer mod this would be much easier to do.

That would work but i want it to almost be a turn based thing not multiplayer server

On 13/06/2017 at 7:27 PM, Calster804 said:

i will send you mod pack

If so you will not be using any SM mods  as the license for both of those listed disallows redistribution , derivatives ( meaning the mod being hacked about ) or  unapproved use in a mod pack.  Thanks for clearly illustrating why i do not support mod packs. If players would like packs of my mods ( if you fancy 500MB downloads of course)  then I will create them myself with full knowledge of all that's involved.

spaner monkey

On 2017-6-18 at 5:26 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

If so you will not be using any SM mods  as the license for both of those listed disallows redistribution , derivatives ( meaning the mod being hacked about ) or  unapproved use in a mod pack.  Thanks for clearly illustrating why i do not support mod packs. If players would like packs of my mods ( if you fancy 500MB downloads of course)  then I will create them myself with full knowledge of all that's involved.

if the beardy penguin made a mod pack (Which im guessing you allowed) can i send people that mod pack slightly edited or can it not be edited or can i not send it at all 

also keep up the good work

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.