KSP Challenge: All praise Cthulhu!

Darth Badie

14 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

All I see is this.

removed.png

Same.

1 hour ago, Corsair5587 said:

Here is my entry. A three tiered cake for the mighty Kraken. Complete with plate and six candles to celebrate the six years that KSP has been with us. All hail the Kraken!

http://www.imgur.com/5pUGENg

Also, I only see a launch pad image. Mind actually showing the cake next to the Kraken?

I'm off to go do this...

I'm just proud to get Valentina to Bop. The furthest I've ever been with a crew was Duna. I've been planning this for some time and probably never would have tried it if it wasn't for this challenge.

6AA640B7FF6E3965617F858F8F5044C5A0B085DF

Now all I have to do is get her home.

Edited by Spoo Hunter
Fixed grammer.

Jeb figured a demigod like Cthulhu needed a hammer. Bill thought since it's a sea creature, it needed a Trident. In the end, I delivered both.

First, I had to test the hammer. Seemed effective.

I delivered the Hammer and the Tridents to the Kraken on Bop

Then I had some fun whomping on it!

Edit: Bill found some Vernors in his pocket, to give it some extra kick! Hammer Time!

Edited by StrandedonEarth

It's not at all obvious what a Kerbal could offer Cthulhu, but I ultimately decided that EVERYONE can use more boosters. I originally got excited and figured I'd send over a few kickbacks, but after checking out their mass, figured maybe hammers would be more... possible at my skill level. I also figured that an offering should be "without blemish", meaning the VAB should tell me there is nothing concerning about it. So the offering also includes some parachutes, a comm antenna, and even some mystery goo to counterbalance the antenna! Who doesn't like mystery goo? I'm also leaving the pilot. Oh, and of course, the vessel has some Blutonium-238 on-board. Surely Cthulhu could use some Blutonium.

I've uploaded the whole journey in picture form, along with commentary.

Probably the most relevant screenshot of the lot:

0sbCLQL.png

Also, once I got there I ceremonially fired the SRBs. I had not tested this before landing, so I had no idea if it would cause my lander to explode. Fortunately for Magvin it did not.

Unfortunately for Magvin, this was a one-way trip. Can't much make an offering to Cthulhu then take it back, now can you!

Edited by ZeroG

2 hours ago, rudi1291 said:

And its done :)

Turns out, KSP has trouble handling crafts with 2000+ parts :D Two days just trying to get it there...

Nice! More pics would be great, but I get it if you were having trouble with the part count.

8 hours ago, Physics Student said:

@StrandedonEarth boosters have to be worthy to lift this Hammer!

Yeah, it was a challenge making the booster worthy enough. While I didn't think about it, I suppose I should call the booster Thor

This might not count as an offering, but I did try to (unsuccessfully) resurrect Cthulhu the Kraken instead. So, I guess that my offering was an (attempted) offering of life?

UpcHg0X.png?2

ZPYwAPO.png?1

4x7A4OG.png?1

1F6ptR1.png?1

As you can see, the Kerbals have gathered at a top secret meeting on the surface of Bop, in order to conduct the ritual necessary to resurrect the Kraken. Nobody enjoyed it. It was cold, and the snacks were 10 USD a piece.

On ‎15‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:13 PM, V7 Aerospace said:

1 million points for whoever brings a Magic Boulder to the kraken! :D

1,000,001 points for whoever lands a pink Magic Boulder.

Thank you for an idea :)

m1ipLNo.png

Blue E-class Magic Boulder (it's not pink, but it's BIG :wink:), Fuel Station S Craft, more comments in video:

Even Cthulhu needs fun/entertainment. So I sent him/her a foosball table!

(For those who don't know, this is foosball. Its basically miniature soccer/football)

tornado-classic-foosball-table.jpg

Because of various reasons, I couldn't make a full foosball table, so I made a mini-mini foosball table.

P66uWHG.png

The teams - Tophats vs non-tophats

Bearings are terrible, but with tweaking could work.

Full mission album

Spoiler

It has been written a looong time ago, that Cthulhu was roaming Kerbins oceans, ripping apart the ships of those unlucky early explorers that crossed its way. Kerbals feared and worshiped the beast for its powers. One day Keracles Kerman set off to tame the demon, but Cthulhu was tenacious. After many hours of fierce fighting, Keracles got hold of one of the krakens tentacles, and he slung it so fast into the sky, that the creature never came back down, so they say... 

This was considered a myth of course - until - Kerbalkind explored Bop, where they found the place where Cthulhu landed.

bhq7EJS.png

This incident had a great impact on the Kerbal society. It triggered a renewal of both, the Kraken and the Keracles cult. Alongside with a very interesting entry in the Kerness Book of Records and a great depression among hammer throwers.

Edited by KerrMü

16 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Nice! More pics would be great

Thanks! Here are some pictures of the landing, as well as one of the launch vehicle sitting on the launchpad :)(Its not the final launcher, but it looks like KSP didn´t save the screenshot of the final version... Oh well. Close enough :D )

I ended up not using the wheels to drive around, they slide to much, so i used the RCS to slide it into position :D

Having never actually seen the Kraken before, this seemed like as good an excuse to launch a rocket as any. 

ufiqCMv.jpg

Despite the huge fairing shroud around the payload, this ship flew amazingly well. Boosters away!

Sm41TNZ.jpg

Once in orbit it's time to head for the Jool system.

c1OiQ7N.jpg

Once Bop orbit is acheived the ship heads for the surface.

EKmSpQD.jpg

The probe design by KSC engineers was based on the mythological descriptions of the beast. The offering mission was ordered by Kerbal politicians to secure the votes of the Kraken worshipping sect, a small but mouthy bunch. The probe also includes a claw device the military demanded, just in case the sect was correct and Krakens are more than mythological or extinct creatures. The probe sits in darkness waiting for contact.

ZqSekwK.jpg

It is hard to see but the kraken is behind and on the right of the lander.

Edited by Red Shirt

Well, one time (chapter 15 of Jool Odyssey) Kerbleet unintentionally sacrificed a red-shirted Enzin named Nimzo...

5WEKRSA.png

...hmm, though I would expect the Elder Gods to observe a "no takebacks" rule, which Bill's quickload clearly violated. Anyway, Hail Cthulu!

Offering?
Kraken?
OFFERING?
KRAKEN?

HOLD YOU GODDAMN BUTTS PEOPLE, ILL BLOW YOU ALL AWAY WITH MY CONNECTIONS WITH THE HOLY LORD!

I WILL MAKE THE LARGEST OFFERING! SO BIG YOU CANNOT COMPETE!

Edited by Planetace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.