Charts Lots of charts!

I think the game needs endless forms of charts. It's much easier to have in game information and as thorough as possible. I've always wanted full charts for everything in the wiki and any other possible way of displaying in game information like delta v or past launches etc. Stuff to make it easier to analyse afterwords.

And to make it fit the game better and help give more purpose to existing mechanics, they could all start empty(except existing equipment information) and you have to do work in game to fill them out. This means using equipment to take measurements and getting it back to kerbin in order to get data. This could allow a more realistic collection of data from science and give more reason to run missions. It could also heavily aid in learning the game as you could run missions and focus on data collection then go back to base and review the info to better improve your personal knowledge of the game or designs. It would also help keep long term references to things that are not written down like exact pressures or gravity at exact altitudes on planets or other random information you might want to look up later without calculating it heavily.

There should be various charts to display the different info in game like showing altitude vs various information. Or the ability to bring up a specific launch and look at all the information involved like heat and fuel use. And enough different charts to display just about any information. In fact they should go through a process of trying to make a system of charts for everything in the game and keep adding them as players bring up new ways to display the game. It should be part of an engineering/science section of the game somehow.

It would be fun to turn on scientific tools and record flight data. It would save me so much time. I've always wished they would put this in. And it gives more use to nearly every piece of science and communication equipment in game. Plus it's a lot easier to turn them all on and look at data afterwords than trying to read a layout in flight to test gravity etc. It's so much more convenient to plunge a cheap satellite and record and send live. Plus you can more easily utilize the info from multiple sensors as it's really hard to watch them all while flying. Although this isn't as bad with the newer UI that lets you tag displays and keep them up. I would prefer to sit back and analyse my data afterwords.

It might be important to be able to label the data by game version though. Then it is easier to see the results and adjust the application. Not to mention confusing version data and trying to use and design something wrong. Unless it just happens to help of course.

Edited by Arugela

This could be easily done with KRPC and the various python charting and graphing libraries.  Not as simple as an ingame checkbox on a bit of data you want graphed but it's fun and rewarding to play with!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.