[1.3.0] Procedural Parts - Starwaster Branch

Starwaster

If you're taking suggestions, something I believe would be very useful, as recommended by KerBlitz Kerman is procedural cargo bays and crew storage, a procedural ventral Mk3 bay would be extremely useful as well, overall I just want to thank you for maintaining this awesome mod and doing your best to keep it goin'. Cheers.

38 minutes ago, ShadeSlayer said:

Is there going to be a new update for KSP v1.3.1 soon? Tryna to make a Galileo Planets Mod Pack.

#1 rule of KSP Forums; No asking for ETA's, as modding is a long and difficult process, but, we can only hope there'll be one soon.

I found some strange things when using this mod. (ProceduralParts-1.2.12, KSP v.1.3.0)
They are both about the part "Procedural SRB".

1) When I set a large thrust (diameter=2.5m, thrust=about 3000kN) in VAB and lanuched it, 
      the nozzle became smaller (and there has a gap to the next part), and the thrust also became lower (720 kN).
   It seems that the thrust of the Procedural SRB will never be over 720kN (ASL)... Is it a BUG?

2) First I set "gimbalRange" to 20 in cfg file.
   Then I found the nozzle action only was responsive to one of pitch or yaw control.
   It seems that the gimbal is only about one-axis. Is it a BUG of FEATURE?
   I hope it's about two-axis.

---------------------------------------------------

If I want to more thrust and two-axis gimbal, What shall I do?

Thanks.

Edited by Lookerksy

23 hours ago, Lookerksy said:

1) When I set a large thrust (diameter=2.5m, thrust=about 3000kN) in VAB and lanuched it, 
      the nozzle became smaller (and there has a gap to the next part), and the thrust also became lower (720 kN).
   It seems that the thrust of the Procedural SRB will never be over 720kN (ASL)... Is it a BUG?

Yes:  https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/issues/12

On 12/15/2017 at 8:57 AM, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Mein gott, you're a genius.

Oh, by-the-side-of-the-road-way, I forgot to say mention and percentage of skin door takes up are adjustable....

I just try to help all the way, not partially.

P.S. You're German? Or do you just speak it?

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

21 hours ago, Tidal Stream said:

@Catatau_27 @ShadeSlayer I heard you liked KSP 1.3.1 and Procedural Parts so i rebuilt Procedural Parts for KSP 1.3.1. Here is a link to the release on github. I launched a vessel to orbit with procedural tanks and it seems to work fine.

Did you include https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/pull/19 or just recompile ?

@Catatau_27 ModularFlightIntegrator is not a dependency

@Tidal Stream @flart @KerBlitz Kerman Guys I know you're anxious for an update and if someone wants to re-branch and release their own as I did, there's nothing wrong with that but can you make a new thread to do it please? Other than that, I will get the next update out when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Some posts have been removed from this thread.

• Please do not pester mod authors for updates, particularly when they've just said, in their thread, what the status is.  Mod authors are doing hard work to provide a valuable service to strangers for free, and they don't owe you anything.  Please be respectful.
  • When you see someone behaving in a way that you believe to be inappropriate-- such as pestering a mod author, or anything else-- please do not respond.  It's not your job.  Instead, please just report the post and let the moderators deal with it.  It's what we're for.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:09 AM, DirtyVenomSteam said:

If you're taking suggestions, something I believe would be very useful, as recommended by KerBlitz Kerman is procedural cargo bays and crew storage, a procedural ventral Mk3 bay would be extremely useful as well, overall I just want to thank you for maintaining this awesome mod and doing your best to keep it goin'. Cheers.

plus one for this feature

On 12/24/2017 at 9:17 AM, Tidal Stream said:

@Catatau_27 @ShadeSlayer I heard you liked KSP 1.3.1 and Procedural Parts so i rebuilt Procedural Parts for KSP 1.3.1. Here is a link to the release on github. I launched a vessel to orbit with procedural tanks and it seems to work fine.

@All, I can confirm this is working perfectly.