[1.3.0] Procedural Parts - Starwaster Branch

Starwaster

5 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

I don't know how much this has to do with PP mod itself, but this message for some reason can't be removed after the game loads, I've tried changing the .version file but that didn't help. Otherwise it works fine in 1.3.1.

mcmRKT9.png

The assembly version itself is what is being checked there. The message cannot be removed without changing the version in the AssemblyInfo file and recompiling the plugin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Capt.gelo said:

When i'm in the SPH or VAB, I set my desired texture for the procedural tank, but when I launch, the tank just turns white. It also happens in custom textures.

Not enough information to go by, where's the logs? where's the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file? What KSP version? Did you try just stock KSP + ModuleManager + Procedural Parts? 

Can't do anything without information.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on a new PP Texture pack - basic colors/textures intended to mesh well with stock parts + popular part mods. There are several Normal Maps from old texture packs I want to keep alive , but it looks like MainSailor and Blackheart are completely MIA.

Does anyone know if there's an issue with me repackaging some of their art as long as I give them credit? I can't even look up their licenses anymore.

4Do33Zx.png

Edited by Tyko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey just wanted to say been a long time fan of procedural parts and 99% of the time just wait for updates to come out before I bother asking if a certain bug is known. Though for this mod I haven't seen much activity.  Just wanted to know for all that the procedural SRB's are inoperable on the current version of KSP due to the error in placement of the engine bell upon loading of the craft before launching.  Done all my own testing as well as bounced feedback off of friends.  This is the only mod I had downloaded at the time.

• 2 months later...

I'm using Procedural parts in Realism Overhaul and my Procedural SRBs have gimbal locked for pitch, I can only make adjust the yaw and roll. Which is wierd and I'm guessing not a feature. I saw some other people were having this issue as well, is this a known issue and if so does anyone know a fix/workaround for this? 

On 8/12/2018 at 5:45 AM, Alistral said:

I'm using Procedural parts in Realism Overhaul and my Procedural SRBs have gimbal locked for pitch, I can only make adjust the yaw and roll. Which is wierd and I'm guessing not a feature. I saw some other people were having this issue as well, is this a known issue and if so does anyone know a fix/workaround for this? 

No it's a definite known bug linked to the model gimbal transform and it started happening when certain changes were made to the stock gimbal code. As far as I can tell, gimbal transforms were not originally axis sensitive. It just served as a point from which part of the model could be rotated. But when gimbal functionality was changed to limit gimbal rotation to certain axes some older engine models broke.

This is something I have fixed locally but the fix has certain graphical glitches in the editor inventory screen where the SRB thumbnail has two visible bells. And that's something that I have suddenly lost the ability to change when I updated the unity editor and it doesn't want to open the mesh scene file anymore. I never got that issue sorted out and didn't want to release it looking crappy like that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone else experiencing this problem where no other stack decouplers appear in the VAB or SPH when the procedural decoupler is loaded? They appear in the R&D center when I research the nodes, but they are missing from the parts list in the VAB or SPH. After I deleted the cfg for the procedural decoupler, they appear correctly.

3 hours ago, lodestar said:

Is anyone else experiencing this problem where no other stack decouplers appear in the VAB or SPH when the procedural decoupler is loaded? They appear in the R&D center when I research the nodes, but they are missing from the parts list in the VAB or SPH. After I deleted the cfg for the procedural decoupler, they appear correctly.

No, that does not sound normal and there's nothing in the mod that does that. At least not in this branch of the mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Eugene Moreau said:

Stupid question.....possibly....  

Why does the procedural heat shield cost like $14k at 1.25m when the stock one is only $300?  

Sorry if this is addressed somewhere in here but I couldn't find anything.  

I don't know, certainly not due to any decision on my part. Doesn't sound right, does it?

On 11/10/2018 at 8:58 AM, Vince_K said:

any plans to update this to 1.5.1? Also I have many texture who don't work since the 1.2.2. update. (freedom textures). Someone can do something or how can i update this?

Look for procedural parts tidal stream branch, link about 10 to 20 post before your question

• 1 month later...