[1.3.0] Procedural Parts - Starwaster Branch

Starwaster

• 2 months later...

I suppose this is the thread to suggest stuff for Procedural parts.

Now that we can easily build centrifuges because of the "Breaking ground" robotics, we need a dense counterweight with precisely customizable size. I thought of making a special mod, but Procedural parts are perfect for it since they already have the infrastructure.

I suggest adding procedural counterweight made out of concrete, as most rocket ballasts are made of it. Well, KSP universe concrete, with appropriately higher density than our ordinary concrete (2400 kg m-3). Impact tolerance should also be higher.

52 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

I suppose this is the thread to suggest stuff for Procedural parts.

Now that we can easily build centrifuges because of the "Breaking ground" robotics, we need a dense counterweight with precisely customizable size. I thought of making a special mod, but Procedural parts are perfect for it since they already have the infrastructure.

I suggest adding procedural counterweight made out of concrete, as most rocket ballasts are made of it. Well, KSP universe concrete, with appropriately higher density than our ordinary concrete (2400 kg m-3). Impact tolerance should also be higher.

Why not just create a procedural part with Lead Ballast in it?

After I posted I realized that my answer comes from a place of Realism Overhaul and Real Fuels where the tanks are easily configured like that.

Edited by pap1723
Not Stock

11 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Why not just create a procedural part with Lead Ballast in it?

After I posted I realized that my answer comes from a place of Realism Overhaul and Real Fuels where the tanks are easily configured like that.

Yeah, I don't use RO. I just want a heavy customizable part for stock sized game. Last night I've been tinkering with PP files so I'll try to make one.

Issue with KSP 1.7.1.

Place a command pod, add a procedural fuel tank, place an engine. Save and exit VAB. Reload VAB and open the saved craft and remove the engine, the procedural part loses its bottom node, it gets pushed to the top(left)(right).

No other mods installed, tried latest version though ckan and github. Can provide more info if needed.

3 hours ago, M0rph1n3 said:

Issue with KSP 1.7.1.

Place a command pod, add a procedural fuel tank, place an engine. Save and exit VAB. Reload VAB and open the saved craft and remove the engine, the procedural part loses its bottom node, it gets pushed to the top(left)(right).

No other mods installed, tried latest version though ckan and github. Can provide more info if needed.

I have also noticed this behavior.

The procedural liquid cone also doesn't create an aerodynamic rocket like it should. Drag values on parts behind the liquid cone are much greater than using a stock  nose cone.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...