[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

Hi everyone.

By way of introduction, let me say that I'm very impressed with the RP-0 suite of mods. It feels like I'm playing KSP for the first time again.

I have a question about something that looks like a small bug to me (the first and only one I noticed, I should add): I unlocked Early Orbital Rocketry, which gives me the RD-103M upgrade over the RD-100. I paid the 17,000 funds to unlock it, and it also says that individual engines will cost 850 funds extra in addition to the 150f price tag for the RD-100. However, when I actually use the RD-103M in the VAB, it still only costs 150f. Am I misunderstanding this?

(I installed RP-0 with all recommended mods + TestFlight using CKAN earlier this year.)

-- DM

I can confirm that I see this too, however it seems that it is only the displayed price that is incorrect. If you build the rocket you are charged the correct amount. If you save and reload the rocket it displays the correct cost.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:55 PM, DC said:

I can confirm that I see this too, however it seems that it is only the displayed price that is incorrect. If you build the rocket you are charged the correct amount. If you save and reload the rocket it displays the correct cost.

I have checked that, but it does seem like I'm getting the RD-103M at a discount. (Saving/reloading also does nothing.)

In other news, I'm not getting into orbit using Mechjeb's ascent guidance. The AP nails the throttle shut some 30 seconds before MECO, and then tries to relight the engine (which is impossible, of course). I have not enabled limit Q or anything else (except limit AoA, which I've set at 10 degrees). Any suggestions as to what could be going on? (Edit: the AP status changes to "coasting to the edge of the atmosphere" when it kills the throttle.)
This was just me not understanding what I was doing. I set my orbit altitude too low.

Edited by DiscobarMolokai
Stupidity on my part.

Hi, I've installed RP-1 on KSP 1.3.1 as per Bornholio's goldenspreadsheet. My problem is that in the VAB I can only configure the tanks for kerosene or avgas. Also the procedural SRB shows up as using solidfuel and tanks want to be filled with LFO/OX. Still the aerobee engine wants to use Aniline etc. Is this something related to RO or RP-0/-1, or rather a RealFuels issue?

KSP.log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gSLNSexGjU3wNJg6mDbcxoMNdhNafPn9/view?usp=sharing

16 hours ago, AlekM said:

Hi, I've installed RP-1 on KSP 1.3.1 as per Bornholio's goldenspreadsheet. My problem is that in the VAB I can only configure the tanks for kerosene or avgas. Also the procedural SRB shows up as using solidfuel and tanks want to be filled with LFO/OX. Still the aerobee engine wants to use Aniline etc. Is this something related to RO or RP-0/-1, or rather a RealFuels issue?

KSP.log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gSLNSexGjU3wNJg6mDbcxoMNdhNafPn9/view?usp=sharing

There's a golden spreadsheet for 1.3.1??? Can you link it? I've been hangin around Rp1 on 1.2.2 and I'd love 1.3.1 

I seem to be having a problem with the "Early Communications Network" contract. The contract stipulated that I needed to put up four communications satellites, all connected to one another, which could cover 60% of the Earth. However, RemoteTech keeps reporting the Earth as having 0% coverage, even though many ground stations are connected to the satellites. I don't really understand why this is happening. If anyone knows how to read the KSP output logs, and could tell me why this is occurring, I would be very grateful. 

Output Log. Note that there might be some weird exceptions where I tried to screw around with the save files to get the contract working. 

15 hours ago, gemini4 said:

I seem to be having a problem with the "Early Communications Network" contract. The contract stipulated that I needed to put up four communications satellites, all connected to one another, which could cover 60% of the Earth. However, RemoteTech keeps reporting the Earth as having 0% coverage, even though many ground stations are connected to the satellites. I don't really understand why this is happening. If anyone knows how to read the KSP output logs, and could tell me why this is occurring, I would be very grateful. 

Output Log. Note that there might be some weird exceptions where I tried to screw around with the save files to get the contract working. 

You may need to let it run for a while in flight mode also you may need more distance or better cones, I like to do 8 Commu16's in Square a tad bit higher that needed. Better yet a 16 antenna GEOSAT quad.

13 hours ago, sjsharks39 said:

Did the spreadsheet courtesy of the guy above me, crashing on loading DeadlyReentry. Screenshot here

Also, output_log here: Link on google drive

When doing a complex install like RP-1 make sure you load the mods in stages, and check each time to see if it loads successfully. Otherwise its horrible to troubleshoot.  If you think DRE is the culprit just remove it (Just move its folder out temporarily). 

You have exceptions for CC_remoteTech.dll and Kopernicus.  CC is a simple 1.3.1 conflict and i've added a fix .dll download to solve that temporarily (thanks Vader111).  Kopernicus I'd just remove and replace with latest Github Master  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus

Good Luck

On 2/1/2018 at 9:14 AM, AlekM said:

Preferable is the output_log.txt from the KSPdata64 Folder [ie G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KSP  1.3.1 RORP0\KSP_x64_Data]  KSP.log does not have the load processing data, it does have a few things easier to find like mod list and gamedata base folder structure

Also useful is your ModuleManager.ConfigCache from [G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KSP  1.3.1 RORP0\GameData]

First thought is are you using the replacement RF .dll from Nathan Kell.

Looking at the log, you have a known CC_remoteTech.dll problem (feel free to grab the replacement from the list)

Looks like wild blue tools is possibly the wrong version

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'WildBlueTools'

3 hours ago, Bornholio said:

You may need to let it run for a while in flight mode also you may need more distance or better cones, I like to do 8 Commu16's in Square a tad bit higher that needed. Better yet a 16 antenna GEOSAT quad.

When doing a complex install like RP-1 make sure you load the mods in stages, and check each time to see if it loads successfully. Otherwise its horrible to troubleshoot.  If you think DRE is the culprit just remove it (Just move its folder out temporarily). 

You have exceptions for CC_remoteTech.dll and Kopernicus.  CC is a simple 1.3.1 conflict and i've added a fix .dll download to solve that temporarily (thanks Vader111).  Kopernicus I'd just remove and replace with latest Github Master  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus

Good Luck

Thank you for your time. I don't know what I did differently but I got it all booting up perfectly after a fresh install attempt.

I'm having some weird issues though. For instance, I am stuck with stock KSP times/dates, even after installing the master from RSSDateTime's github. I also do now have the new RP-1 button to check training, mission certification, etc for astronauts, so that is there, but I literally can't add any fuels to tanks, nor do I have the RP-1 tanks, such as Tank 1. The RP-1 tech tree is in fact there as it should be, and KCT lets me pick the right preset when I start the save file, so I'm not sure whats going on.

For reference: Picture of weird no fuels issue in VAB. There's an aerobee engine on a "Procedural Liquid Tank" since it's not giving me the usual RP-1 tanks called "Tank 1". No tanks allow me to add fuel, nor do they show any resources in the VAB parts list. Could it be that I put the realfuels rp-1 dll in the wrong place? I did install RF master, and put the dll where i thought it went, but maybe I didn't put it in the right place.

Edited by sjsharks39

3 hours ago, Bornholio said:

Preferable is the output_log.txt from the KSPdata64 Folder [ie G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KSP  1.3.1 RORP0\KSP_x64_Data]  KSP.log does not have the load processing data, it does have a few things easier to find like mod list and gamedata base folder structure

Also useful is your ModuleManager.ConfigCache from [G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KSP  1.3.1 RORP0\GameData]

First thought is are you using the replacement RF .dll from Nathan Kell.

Looking at the log, you have a known CC_remoteTech.dll problem (feel free to grab the replacement from the list)

Looks like wild blue tools is possibly the wrong version

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'WildBlueTools'

I've managed to get it working by removing ModularFuelTanks, I've read at the RealFuels thread that they are mutally incompatible. I did use the replacement dll for RF.

36 minutes ago, AlekM said:

I've managed to get it working by removing ModularFuelTanks, I've read at the RealFuels thread that they are mutally incompatible. I did use the replacement dll for RF.

Doing this now helps me see the right parts and stuff like that, such as "Tank 1" like normal, but I still can't add fuel to any tanks. The separation motors and such you get in the first node are the only things with fuel I can use right now.

Is there any way that plane-related contracts could be made more lucrative and practical in the mid-late game? I ask because, after the early X-plane contracts, there's really no reason to build planes at all. I think that aerial reconnaissance, spaceplane, or even just passenger airline contracts would be fun and interesting, and add a reason to build planes beyond the early game. 

In a related note, is there a way KAX could be made compatible with RP-0. It has some parts that would be useful in building aircraft for the above missions.

I have tried a few times in different ways and just cannot get it to work. Anyone with a working rp-1 save on 1.3.1 feel like sending me a copy of your game directory somehow? I am more than happy to prove I own the game on steam, you can add me and see my play hours on Kerbal if you wish. I just want to play 1.3.1 so badly lol

8 hours ago, sjsharks39 said:

I have tried a few times in different ways and just cannot get it to work. Anyone with a working rp-1 save on 1.3.1 feel like sending me a copy of your game directory somehow? I am more than happy to prove I own the game on steam, you can add me and see my play hours on Kerbal if you wish. I just want to play 1.3.1 so badly lol

I'll try (and post a link here) 1gig,  anyone else please try and make your own install. 

Missing from the .zip is \Squad\ folder

Edited by Bornholio

I have an RP-1 install on 1.3.1 . Every time I want to refuel a recovered jet plane, its "edited" value goes down to <10%, which in turns requires almost as much time for refurbishment as if it was built brand new, is that intentional?

1 hour ago, Benji said:

What's the difference between RP-0 and RP-1?

New contracts , new science (thanks to module contributors), new crew management (training, flight school) and especially new tooling mechanics of procedural parts. Basically: you purchase tooling for a certain tank diameter or fairing / fairing base and this drops rollout time, costs, build costs and time. Idea behind it is to introduce launch vehicle families and editions which use the same base core or fairing sizes just like in real life. 

So you don’t build a complete new launcher just for some other little mission but rather use existing hardware. 

1 hour ago, Theysen said:

New contracts , new science (thanks to module contributors), new crew management (training, flight school) and especially new tooling mechanics of procedural parts. Basically: you purchase tooling for a certain tank diameter or fairing / fairing base and this drops rollout time, costs, build costs and time. Idea behind it is to introduce launch vehicle families and editions which use the same base core or fairing sizes just like in real life. 

So you don’t build a complete new launcher just for some other little mission but rather use existing hardware. 

Thanks.

So, this thread is around RP-0. Is there another for RP-1? Or will RP-1 be a new "version" of RP-0, at a given time.

21 minutes ago, Benji said:

Thanks.

So, this thread is around RP-0. Is there another for RP-1? Or will RP-1 be a new "version" of RP-0, at a given time.

this remains the thread, RP-1 isn't even "official" naming, but it might become since it's a huge gap from -0 :)

What mods are there, to fill the late game part list a bit up? I am especially looking for station parts and some other modern rocket parts, like gridfins, landing legs or the dragon and orion capsules.

Are there any nice mods that work well enough with RP-0 (if not fully supported)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.