[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

9 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

What mods are there, to fill the late game part list a bit up? I am especially looking for station parts and some other modern rocket parts, like gridfins, landing legs or the dragon and orion capsules.

Are there any nice mods that work well enough with RP-0 (if not fully supported)?

SSTU has a lot of parts, Orion capsule launch abort system and Merlin, Rocketdyne engines, and station parts ( i think the station parts are not supportet, engines and capsules are)

For Station parts use CX Aerospace (ISS looking parts), they are supportet.

I just downloaded and tried out the RP-1 development build. Let me say, first, that it looks really interesting, and is a significant improvement over the previous RP-0 campaign. However, upon attempting to launch my first, dinky sounding rocket, I encountered fairly severe stuttering issues. About every second, the game would freeze up for about a quarter of a second. This happened both in career mode and in sandbox mode. Since there were many new mods I installed, most of which were required to run RP-1 and so I couldn't easily test in isolation, I don't know which mod (or mods) is (are) causing this problem. 

My modlist is more or less copied directly from @Bornholio's install list, with the additions of ATK Propulsion Pack, Custom Decals and Real Agencies, Cryogenic Engines, DMagic, Dynamic Battery Storage, Freedom and Mainsailor's Texture Packs, Niche Parts,  Real Engines, Saturable Reaction Wheels, and Soviet Engines, and missing the mods RSSVE, EVE, Scatterer, Engine Lighting, Stage Recovery, Docking Port Alignment, RCS Build Aid, KSP-AVC, and Raster Prop Monitor.

Here is my output log, if that helps. I noticed also that there were a few MM errors thrown by FRE (which doesn't seem to work in KSP 1.3.1), and by RPO-CMEngines.

Thanks for your help. I've been looking forward to trying out RP-1, and I haven't heard of other people having this particular issue, so hopefully it isn't something intractable.  

Hmm. I'll try deleting [x] science, but I'm not sure that's it. You said it didn't affect you if you didn't have the window open, and this stuttering happened without the [x] science window open. In addition, it affected my sandbox save, in which I would think [x] science would be deactivated. 

Edit: Yeah, that wasn't it. I'm not really sure what's causing the stuttering. I'll try a fresh install and attempt to test the mods in stages as far as possible.

Edited by gemini4

1 hour ago, gemini4 said:

Hmm. I'll try deleting [x] science, but I'm not sure that's it. You said it didn't affect you if you didn't have the window open, and this stuttering happened without the [x] science window open. In addition, it affected my sandbox save, in which I would think [x] science would be deactivated. 

Edit: Yeah, that wasn't it. I'm not really sure what's causing the stuttering. I'll try a fresh install and attempt to test the mods in stages as far as possible.

See Memgraph

or use less mods who are always running in the background, like remotetech, xscience, scansat ....these all check in the background all the time if requirements are met or not and that couses lag.

I'm suspecting that RemoteTech and Test Flight are my worst offenders but yes, i'm seeing a pretty aggressive "transition" stutter.  So was NathanKell in his Rusty RP-1 twitch feed.  Added notes about [x] science stutter to the spreadsheet

Edited by Bornholio

Follow up to my last post. 

[X] science is known to cause stuttering, and a modified dll is available in the [X] Science thread.  Unfortunately the maintainer seems to missing, so it might not get an official update for a while.  The fixed dll also has some minor behaviour changes.  The fixes mean that it now only looks at experiments that are available in the current SOI.  From the description of the changes, I'm guessing that RSS + RP-1, with lots of bodies and lots of experiments, is probably affected more than stock. 

4 hours ago, Bornholio said:

I'm suspecting that RemoteTech and Test Flight are my worst offenders but yes, i'm seeing a pretty aggressive "transition" stutter.  So was NathanKell in his Rusty RP-1 twitch feed.  Added notes about [x] science stutter to the spreadsheet

Hmm. Both RemoteTech and TestFlight seem pretty essential to a proper RP-0/RP-1 playthrough. I haven't tried out the stock communication system. Is that a reasonable alternative to RemoteTech? As for TestFlight, I don't really see any alternatives, and playing without it really messes up the balance of the game. Are you also getting significant stuttering as a result of these mods? 

8 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

See Memgraph

or use less mods who are always running in the background, like remotetech, xscience, scansat ....these all check in the background all the time if requirements are met or not and that couses lag.

I was thinking about Memgraph. I didn't know if it worked with the RP-1 suite of mods. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely make sure to install that in my new install.

So I've been playing through an RP-0 campaign, and I realized that I have no command pods other than the green 2m one. Has anyone else had this issue? They don't show in the tech tree, and when I launched a sandbox game, they were missing as well.

Never mind, I found it was Ampyears fault.

Edited by sulu244
Found solution

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I made a fresh install, and now find myself unable to run KCT. When I start a new game, it asks me to select a preset. I choose RP-0, and then the window abruptly "closes," leaving only a gray sliver of the window. After this, clicking the KCT button has no effect. I made two fresh reinstalls, and both had the same problem. I don't understand why this didn't happen to me the first time, and is instead only happening now. Obviously, the game is basically unplayable with this situation. 

Here's an output log of my game. Thanks for your help with this. I want to be able to try out RP-1, and it's frustrating being stymied by these weird bugs. 

Edit: Never mind. The magicore.dll wasn't installed, even though I thought I had downloaded it. 

Edited by gemini4
Issue Resolved

Hey there, folks. I've installed the RP-0 Development branch into a RSS/RO KSP 1.3.1 install, and during Module Manager's patching process, I am receiving 19 errors relating to RP-0/Tree/ECM-Engines.cfg. I was hoping that someone could shed some light onto this error. Here is my output_log.

EDIT: This has been solved. Module Manager 3.0.4 had just been posted, and installing it into my GameData solved it. So, yea!

Edited by fallout2077
Solved only minutes after posting

15 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

Do you have the latest module manager? v3.0.4 Atm  (There have been multiple updates in the last few days, and one of those fixed the same issue for me).

Hah, I just installed it (it snuck up on me, as I had just visited the Module Manager earlier today for an update, and it was still at 3.0.2). All is well, now. Thank you for the very quick and inevitably helpful response!

In a late carrier with a lot of parts and a lot of try and error i unlocked/purchased almost every engine, with 100 or more enigens youre not finding what your are looking for. Is there a way to lock/ reverse RD purchase again, to have a better overview. Like editing the save file? Dont want my money back, just lock engines again.

Maybe in the savefile under

SCENARIO
    {
        name = ResearchAndDevelopment
Tech
        {
            id = prototypeHydrolox
            state = Available                     //making this unavailable mybe?!
            cost = 37
            part = SSTU-SC-ENG-RL10A-3
            part = engineLargeSkipper
        }

I have an issue with the procedural avionics, where I can't switch between booster, upper stage and probe core avionics. I can open the GUI and set different levels of booster configs, but when I try to switch to upper stage mode, nothing happens and the part still shows as booster mode.

1 hour ago, Lilienthal said:

Hi all,

is there a explanation on how to install RP-1? - e.g., do we have to run perl to get  proper tech tree? Where to find dlls etc.

Thanks!

Gustav

The RP-1 TODO list seems to be rather advanced. I would recommend to wait another two or three weeks. That's my wild guess.

On 2/12/2018 at 1:55 PM, Benji said:

The RP-1 TODO list seems to be rather advanced. I would recommend to wait another two or three weeks. That's my wild guess.

soon(tm)

On 2/12/2018 at 12:39 PM, Lilienthal said:

Hi all,

is there a explanation on how to install RP-1? - e.g., do we have to run perl to get  proper tech tree? Where to find dlls etc.

Thanks!

Gustav

No perling, all pre built, but yes lots of github hopscotch. add a few dlls and stir until done.  (most of it on CKAN if desired)

Bornholios RP-1 Install order

tWGAm7c.jpg

Edited by Bornholio

• 2 weeks later...

So i don't know if RP-0 1.2.2 is still relevant but I'm wondering if some of the aircraft parts for big planes would be better of getting at the start,  i was gonna try replicating those early super sonic tests like the X-1 tests but some of the kinda essential bigger aircraft parts like large landing gears lay like two steps deeper then the early super sonic parts something I find a little odd since the X-1 tests started 1946 and the where strapped to an b-29

But that's my opinion

On 13.2.2018 at 12:59 AM, Bornholio said:

No perling, all pre built, but yes lots of github hopscotch. add a few dlls and stir until done.  (most of it on CKAN if desired)

Bornholios RP-1 Install order

Nice. worked like a charm. Thanks a lot. - If you give me permission to comment, I'll make some suggestions how to improve the instructions even further.

(one thing: Better Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 than -6. the latter one is really not nice to the oceans.)

1 hour ago, Lilienthal said:

Nice. worked like a charm. Thanks a lot. - If you give me permission to comment, I'll make some suggestions how to improve the instructions even further.

(one thing: Better Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 than -6. the latter one is really not nice to the oceans.)

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/277

Please add any information on the topic even if just affirmation you have the problem and it was solved by -3 :)

Permission granted  .ShooshKnightingSword

22 hours ago, Bornholio said:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/277

Please add any information on the topic even if just affirmation you have the problem and it was solved by -3 :)

Permission granted  .ShooshKnightingSword

In that issue all is already described. I'll try -7 as well and will report how it works. I send a request to be allowed to comment on the gdoc.

On 27.2.2018 at 11:39 PM, Lilienthal said:

In that issue all is already described. I'll try -7 as well and will report how it works. I send a request to be allowed to comment on the gdoc.

Well. Kopernicus 1.3.1-7 creates even bigger problems for me. Back to -3 it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.