[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

On 3/16/2018 at 12:12 AM, Aazard said:

are fresh installs of dev rp-1 still possible using golden spreadsheet? i reformatted PC due to a small (huge) issue with windows 10... now i just cant get the "base" install of rss/ro/rp-1 on ksp 1.3.1 to work from golden spreadsheet (plane cockpits dont have "not pressurized" flag, tech   tree is abit messedup, taerobee stuff in wrong nodes ect)...am i becoming more of a noob? Any one willing to help me with this issue and assist me in getting a base RP-1 install that works as intended, i would really be thankful

After a ton of digging, speaking with ppl on IRC and searching of "previous versions" I finally managed to get the RP-1 dev build up on KSP 1.3.1 working perfectly (base install only for parts, plus visual mods/textures, KIS/KAS/IR, "utility" mods like TWP/KER/KAC etc and some minor "fixes"). I have zipped the completed gamedata folder, minus the squad folder, if anyone else is having the trouble i did I am happy to share it

5 minutes ago, Aazard said:

After a ton of digging, speaking with ppl on IRC and searching of "previous versions" I finally managed to get the RP-1 dev build up on KSP 1.3.1 working perfectly (base install only for parts, plus visual mods/textures, KIS/KAS/IR, "utility" mods like TWP/KER/KAC etc and some minor "fixes"). I have zipped the completed gamedata folder, minus the squad folder, if anyone else is having the trouble i did I am happy to share it

I only got it partly working an couldn't get some of the mods to work, so I'd be quite grateful if you could share it. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:45 PM, BerthNerd said:

I only got it partly working an couldn't get some of the mods to work, so I'd be quite grateful if you could share it. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:45 PM, BerthNerd said:

happy too... my upload is still in progress.... claims 31 minutes left. Note my "early bird" mod seems "funky" set it to 55 minutes instead 5 and it should stop directly on dawn break at the Cape, unsure why this is happening.  

Installed mods from AVC list: note FASA in this zip is 7.2 not 7.2.2

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 3.2.0.3
Toolbar - 1.7.16.5
ToolbarControl - 0.1.4.7
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.10
Ambient Light Adjustment - 2.6.3.8
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.13
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.2
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8.1
Connected Living Space - 1.2.5.7
Contract Configurator - 1.23.3
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.16
Deadly Reentry - 7.6.2
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.11
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.16
FASA - 7.2.2
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.9
Firespitter - 7.6
FShangarExtender - 3.5.2
FuseBoxContinued - 0.1.15.4
Reflection Plugin Continued - 2.1.1
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.3
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Camera Mode Persistence - 1.0.3
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Inventory System - No Fun - 0.1.4.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
HyperEdit - 1.5.6
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.9.6571.274
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.3
KRASH - 0.5.26
KronalVesselViewer - 0.0.8
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
MagiCore - 1.3.1
Infernal Robots - 2.0.14
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Precise Node - 1.2.8.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.12
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.6.2
RealChute - 1.4.5
RealFuels - 12.4.1
RealSolarSystem - 12.0
RemoteTech - 1.8.9
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.5
SCANsat - 1.1.8.4
Ship Manifest - 5.2
SolverEngines - 3.5
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
SXTContinued - 0.3.22
TextureReplacerReplaced - 0.5.4
TAC Life Support - 0.13.7
Trajectories - 2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
TweakScale - 2.3.7
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.8
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
WildBlueTools - 1.41
World Stabilizer - 0.8.3
[x] Science! - 5.11

link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp1wlbhm4r8ndnz/GameData.zip?dl=0

Edited by Guest
mod list

Hi everyone,

After blaming bugs in KCT I realized that the training program for Kerbals actually makes sense. Unless you are using the Ke111 cockpit, you cannot select Kerbals who didn't do mission training, and for that you seem to need Proficiency before.

Is there anywhere a documentation on the training program? Maybe something should be in the RP0 wiki or is there a better way?

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/FAQ

Thanks a lot in advance!

Gustav

9 hours ago, Lilienthal said:

Hi everyone,

After blaming bugs in KCT I realized that the training program for Kerbals actually makes sense. Unless you are using the Ke111 cockpit, you cannot select Kerbals who didn't do mission training, and for that you seem to need Proficiency before.

Is there anywhere a documentation on the training program? Maybe something should be in the RP0 wiki or is there a better way?

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/FAQ

Thanks a lot in advance!

Gustav

It would be nice if it was clearer, I was confused at first also. But it seems:

1: All crew need "Proficiency Courses" to have any further training with the pod/cockpit in question.

2. All crew members need "Mission Courses" to operate/occupy  the pod/cockpit in question.

3. These Courses expire and need "Refresher Courses" after a certain period.

Spoiler

Seeing as the SPH has a separate build slot that would be going unused if i didnt do this when I could be making more $$/sci/rep if i did:

I normally start  with "Bonanza" cockpit Training for all crew to do a simple x-planes low mission in a basic Bonanza Cockpit/Tail/swept wing-A/3x tail fin made craft with a Junkers Juno 2113E propeller and creep over 10km (plus more $$/sci/rep) , plus extending their initial retirement dates. Here is a pic:

sqVQby6.png

Then "STX  Buzzard" cockpit training for breaking the sound barrier In a STX Buzzard based craft I shared a few of my posts back and creep over 20km further extending their initial retirement dates (plus more $$/sci/rep). The craft is posted on page 11 of this thread, here is a pic:

jAaujzG.png

Then the RO (not taerobee) X-1 cockpit training for passing anything over 49.999km (karman line/sub-orbitals) in a Manned V2.A4 (A4B really) that has 2 additional A4 fins on sides just below cockpit to all "smoother" lower G  glide in returns even further extending their initial retirement dates (plus more $$/sci/rep). Here is a pic:

uzkF2g2.png

Past that its waiting on jet parts for X-plane high missions and also waiting for pods to train in.

From:  https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/wiki/RO-RP-0-DEVELOPMENT-CHANGES-(Training,-Tooling,-Maintenance-Costs-and-Facilities)

Training: Summary: Pilots require training to pilot the pod they are located in during a mission.

add alt text 

Training course times and durations that the training lasts are based on the pod/crew container and the stupidity of the Astronaut. see CrewTrainingTimes.cfg for base times.

1. Proficiency Course Give a skill set that allows the 'naut to be trained to do missions in that crew space.
  2. Refresher Course Retrains or updates the training time for a previously proficiency trained crew member.
  3. Mission Course Trains the crew to perform upcoming missions. (available slots = 2x crew capacity of part)
  • Training time is BaseTime from part multiplied by 0.5(@0) to 1.5(@1.0) base on stupidity.
  • Mission duration is BaseTime multiplied by 0.5 to 1.5 base on stupidity.
Edited by Guest
added pics

Request, show me starting tech propeller and/or jet planes that can:

1: if propeller powered can reach 15m ceiling 

2: if jet powered can break mach 1 (342m/sec) in level flight and reach a ceiling of 20km

I find these designs the hardest thing i attempt in RP-0/RP-1

Bonus points to anyone with a plane powered by a single jet that can break mach 1 in level flight at any altitude 

Idea:

We really should start "RP-0/RP-1 challenges of the week"

Lets brainstorm some!

My 1st suggestion (due to my current OCD about it) RP-0/RP1 Starting tech highest altitude possible plane.

Rules:

#1: Using only parts from Required/Recommended RP-0/RO mods

#2: NO ROCKETS!  NO VTOL's or Helicopters 

#3: Must be built in SPH with no upgrades for size/weight

#4: Must be manned by atleast 1 crew

#5: Screen shots in SPH, on runway, at your reported max altitude and SAFELY landed anywhere 

Score based on dry weight x (number of propellers/jets + parachutes) = score, lower scores better

Bonus: altitude kills crew due to un-pressurized cockpit... multiply score x 0.8 

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, Aazard said:

Request, show me starting tech propeller and/or jet planes that can:

1: if propeller powered can reach 15m ceiling 

2: if jet powered can break mach 1 (342m/sec) in level flight and reach a ceiling of 20km

I find these designs the hardest thing i attempt in RP-0/RP-1

Bonus points to anyone with a plane powered by a single jet that can break mach 1 in level flight at any altitude 

Idea:

We really should start "RP-0/RP-1 challenges of the week"

Lets brainstorm some!

My 1st suggestion (due to my current OCD about it) RP-0/RP1 Starting tech highest altitude possible plane.

Rules:

#1: Using only parts from Required/Recommended RP-0/RO mods

#2: NO ROCKETS!  NO VTOL's or Helicopters 

#3: Must be built in SPH with no upgrades for size/weight

#4: Must be manned by atleast 1 crew

#5: Screen shots in SPH, on runway, at your reported max altitude and SAFELY landed anywhere 

Score based on dry weight x (number of propellers/jets + parachutes) = score, lower scores better

Bonus: altitude kills crew due to un-pressurized cockpit... multiply score x 0.8 

Nice challenges. I'll give it a shot. Planes are really hard indeed

I just cant break through 333.4m/sec FAR sees it as mach 1.093 but the contract to break sound barrier is 342m/sec ... so I'm short by 8.6m/sec. Doesnt seem to matter 500 meters, 1km, 5km, 10km, 15km all tested all the same, just over 333m/sec and then zip.

WHAT AM I NOT DOING CORRECTLY? I think I'm area ruled correctly with the correct type of wing geometry, but now i need help lol. here are pics of what i have so far: 

TtNySIt.png

cw4ftxj.png

81aAcfj.png

I think I'm area ruled correctly with

Try making your wings shorter to reduce drag. Also if your intake is ion the bottom in front of the cockpit, that can smoothen out the area curve a bit more.

I fiddled around with a simple jet yesterday, powered by a single Derwent V engine, with only starting tech parts, capable of mach 1 in level flight anywhere between 4500m and 11.000m below, atmosphere is to thick for the engine to counter the drag, and higher I don't have enough lift, as the engine looses performance at high altitudes. Will upload some pics later.

100 meters mach 1, ceilings, cruise 18.500 meters and zoom lift ceiling 20008 meters (then it spins out)

Even my U2 knock offs cant pass 20,000 meters, so I'm pretty happy

only a buzzard based V2/A4 powered craft can beat this topping out at 49.995 meters just over 1000m/sec (basically a manned missle), but thats rocket powered and still cant go upto 50,000+ meters unless you want crew to die. maybe some huge winged 5x (or more) Derwent V powered craft can do better, but this builds in 22 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes and 7 seconds with no SPH upgrades for $116 funds tooled. increasing strength/mass of tail plane/tail fin would be welcome to allow more ruggedness  

Hi, gentelmen, I'm not quite so patient as to create a pull request. A minor patch to have SSTU Apollo pod work would be to add it to Avionics.cfg, like:

// FIXME do this for anything else Apollo sized
@PART[FASAApollo_CM|Mark1-2Pod|mk2Cockpit_Standard|mk2Cockpit_Inline|B9_Body_Mk2_Cockpit|B9_Body_Mk2_Cockpit_Intake|B9_Cockpit_M27|B9_Cockpit_MK2|B9_Cockpit_S3|B9_Cockpit_S2|FASAGeminiBigG|FASAGeminiBigGWhite|XOrionPodX|XOrionPodXbb31|LazTekDragonV2|MK2VApod|GuidanceStart4m|SSTU-SC-B-CM]:FOR[RP-0]

I've added the |SSTU-SC-B-CM , can someone please add this to the repository?

Ignition failure

I find playing with the frequent ignition failures quite challenging. Looks like otherwise similar engines can be vastly different here.

I wonder what would be the right channel to get information about ignition failure rates displayed when middle clicking on the engine in the VAB. - Here? Github testflight?

Thanks!

On 3/31/2018 at 1:17 PM, Lilienthal said:

Ignition failure

I find playing with the frequent ignition failures quite challenging. Looks like otherwise similar engines can be vastly different here.

I wonder what would be the right channel to get information about ignition failure rates displayed when middle clicking on the engine in the VAB. - Here? Github testflight?

Thanks!

awang has some dll's that give quite a bit more information.  Test Flights Github is the best place for feedback.  Speaking of that

Remaining Mods for release holding up RO/.RP0
NONE

Please if possible comment on issues and
add new issues to relavent GIT hubs
if you see problems with any mod or RO/RP0

Edited by Bornholio

@raidernick and  Egg pushed hard this weekend and we got realheat and RSS/RSS Textures fully out.  Ferram pushed in some improvements and FAR is ready to release.  There is still a pile of RO PR's, RP-0 is cleaned up mostly.  I'd be guessing hopefully next weekend. But my optimism is boundless :P

6 hours ago, Bornholio said:

@raidernick and  Egg pushed hard this weekend and we got realheat and RSS/RSS Textures fully out.  Ferram pushed in some improvements and FAR is ready to release.  There is still a pile of RO PR's, RP-0 is cleaned up mostly.  I'd be guessing hopefully next weekend. But my optimism is boundless :P

This is all for a 1.4 release? Sounds really good guys, you're doing an amazing job here 

So, I'm only just now getting back into KSP (whacks self in forehead) and I'm interested in attempting an RO/RSS/RP-0 save (rather than my past sandbox stuff).

What is the version of KSP I should use and/or is currently supported? 

Note: my last recent stable RO install is 1.3.1..but this install does not include RP-0

20 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

This is all for a 1.4 release? Sounds really good guys, you're doing an amazing job here 

Hi 

I may be wrong but i think the next major release will be for 1.3.x

You can already test the futur update here : https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Setting-up-for-Development-Install-:Temp-Page:

Anyway i can’t wait to have it officialy out. You guys are the best !

By the way I have a quick question regarding RP-1, sorry if it’s not the right place to ask : with the new techtree will it still be possible to add part mod wich are not officialy supported by RP-0 ? Do the part will appear in a node ?

Thanks

PS : sorry for my english 

Edited by Marsu69
Adding a question

Quick question regarding the suggested settings for KCT with the current RP-0...

The initial BP make a small rocket take about a month to build (ok, sounds right) and a 1 science node take 2 months to unlock (sure). But the upgrade points are 30,000 to purchase and do next to nothing to improve things. after putting 1 point into the VAB it tells me that I will get a +0 improvement from another. similiarly for science I woud need something like 10 or 20 points to double my progression. This feels like an order of magnitude error to me?

I suspect this is a settings problem - I am happy to manually edit it to get it right, but what are the correct suggested settings for the current RP-0?

EDIT - so I just played on. It seems more reasonable now, except the 30k per point, which makes me :(

I have no idea why it said +0 points (rounding to the nearest 0.1??) because it did in fact add a small amount of BPs

MORE EDIT - So I just found all of this detailed. But not under RP-0, under RO (even though it says use the RP-0 settings for KCT). I almost feel that RO and RP-0 should just merge into one thread, it is very hard to know where to post about things :wink:

Edited by Antstar

Yep its me again. I'm going to spam the thread :P

I think the contracts which require a "sounding payload" need to have prerequisites. Only through a lot of googling did I find that I lack the technology to complete my contract.

Regarding retirement; will kerbals retire during a mission? I'm obviously a long way off but it would really suck if my astronauts decided to retire en route to Mars :o

5 hours ago, Antstar said:

Yep its me again. I'm going to spam the thread :P

I think the contracts which require a "sounding payload" need to have prerequisites. Only through a lot of googling did I find that I lack the technology to complete my contract.

Regarding retirement; will kerbals retire during a mission? I'm obviously a long way off but it would really suck if my astronauts decided to retire en route to Mars :o

sound rocket payload goes in Tank I-hp , kerbals retire on missions after they end(recovered)

IAxTafc.png

As for build rate i spend the BP i earn from unlocking tech nodes on VAB build rate.  you can launch your first craft in 4 days if you make a tiny craft and by day twelve you can have a build rate of .4 even with hard difficulty. maxsimal beat me to orbit (on day 120ish) in our RiS test. Sounding rockets contracts can be pushed to a 5-10 day tempo.

PT8pz8G.png

Edited by Bornholio
add a picture

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.