[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

1 hour ago, Antstar said:

Hello :D

Quick question on crew training. From wiki:

Training course times and durations that the training lasts are based on the pod/crew container and the stupidity of the Astronaut. see CrewTrainingTimes.cfg for base times.

1. Proficiency Course Give a skill set that allows the 'naut to be trained to do missions in that crew space.
  2. Refresher Course Retrains or updates the training time for a previously proficiency trained crew member.
  3. Mission Course Trains the crew to perform upcoming missions. (available slots = 2x crew capacity of part)

I have never had proficiency expire (I had a problem with disappearing astronauts that may now be fixed). After looking at the config file I still have no idea how long proficiency lasts before refresher is needed??

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/blob/Developmental/GameData/RP-0/CrewHandlerSettings.cfg

Modified by lines for stupidity proficiency decays at 4 years or 120 days (or completion of mission)

trainingProficiencyExpirationYears = 4
trainingMissionExpirationDays = 120

Note that it looks like stupidity effect is backwards from one of the types. Maybe @NathanKell could rise from the land of ghosts and clarify.

You have perfect timing, @Bornholio! By reversed, you mean how the mission and expiration stupids are reversed? That's correct because the expiration should decrease the stupider the kerbal, and the mission training time should increase the stupider the kerbal. Both feed into lerps of (min, max, stupid) which linearly interpolate between the given min and max values based on the input stupid value (where 0 results in min and 1 results in max).

Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

OK I was wrong. The astronauts dissapearing is NOT fixed. This is a completely new install with dev branch.

I'm not sure exactly what is happening or when, but I think maybe they never come back from leave. They just disappear.

I had 2 pilots a scientist and an engineer. The pilots went on the first two missions. The scientist just arrived back from a mission. I now have one scientist (inactive) and one engineer (free). Pilots are just gone.

Anyone seen this before?

Hello, just realised i posted crash to RO thread, while problem is with RP-1.

9 hours ago, mwg_test said:

Hello.
Just tried to test DEV RP-0(RP-1)
KSP 1.3(lastest 1.3 from STEAM library).
Installed via CKAN RSS+RO and it worked fine.
today tried to install RP-0 
From git (installed all except B9 procwings, made it from CKAN (B9 aerospace procedural wings - Fork 0.40.13)
replaced DLLs, but did not find KRASH.dll in game folder, only KRASH.cfg. Placed dll next to it in RP-0 folder.
ANd after lauch i have crash with "Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTagHydrolox'"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i3mPDkrWlyeadQh-5s5M_qJD2QL2orgK
output_log.txt

Last lines, i think useful info is here.

any idea what i did wrong?

Reveal hidden contents

PartLoader: Part 'B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Parts/Aero_Wing_Procedural/wing_procedural_typeC/RO-B9ProcAMWing-Early' has no database record. Creating.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RO-B9ProcAMWing-Early'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1'

*RF* Loading RFSETTINGS global settings

*U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-1

Generating field configuration for type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch

Generating field configuration for type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTagHydrolox'

PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-1'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2'

*U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-2

*RFMEC* ERROR Can't find configuration RL10A-1, falling back to first tech-available config.

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTagHydrolox'

Crash!!!
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program;D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'MWG'
OS-Version: 10.0.17134 () 0x100-0x1

Small update.
As i can see - there is some kind of problem with engines.
First, as you see, there is problem with cryoengines.
I deleted it.
Next was with forgotten real engines 

Reveal hidden contents

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RealEngines/NK33/NK33engine'

*U* Ullage constructor called on NK33engine

Crash!!!

then i deleted forgottenrealengines, sovietengines, realengines.

and finally i get crash on Squad's engine config

Reveal hidden contents

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine24-77/liquidEngine24-77/smallRadialEngine'

*U* Ullage constructor called on smallRadialEngine

smallRadialEngine.pressureFed = False

smallRadialEngine.pressureFed = False

Crash!!!

So what is wrong?

So, I have no idea why astronauts are disappearing. Can I at least have some help hacking my save file?

I did a search by astronaut name from a non-broken save and copied the results into my save file (incidently they were just gone, not retired or anything). Roughly this data:

Spoiler

SCENARIO
    {
        name = CrewHandler
        scene = 6, 7, 5, 8
        nextUpdate = 98557922.18902564
        RETIRETIMES
        {
            Rostislav Vetochkin = 300142706.40357387
            Nikita Tselikovsky = 278221379.31283367
            Marta Dubrovskaya = 377550918.83834255
            Helen Nelson = 395217420.99460018
        }
        RETIREES
        {
        }
        EXPIRATIONS
        {
            Expiration
            {
                pcmName = Helen Nelson
                expiration = 211722120.05692589
                entry = TRAINING_proficiency,Mercury

*SNIP*

SCENARIO
    {
        name = TRR_Scenario
        scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
        reflectionType = REAL
        useKspSkin = True
        Kerbals
        {
            Rostislav Vetochkin = M DEFAULT_MALE DEFAULT_SUIT
            Nikita Tselikovsky = M DEFAULT_MALE DEFAULT_SUIT
            Marta Dubrovskaya = F DEFAULT_FEMALE DEFAULT_SUIT
            Helen Nelson = F DEFAULT_FEMALE DEFAULT_SUIT

*SNIP*

KERBAL
        {
            name = Marta Dubrovskaya
            gender = Female
            type = Crew
            trait = Scientist
            brave = 0.504472613
            dumb = 0.426714897
            badS = False
            veteran = True
            tour = False
            state = Available
            inactive = True
            inactiveTimeEnd = 114710387.41921353
            gExperienced = 0
            outDueToG = False
            ToD = 0
            idx = 0
            extraXP = 1
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 4
                0 = Nationality,Russian
                1 = TRAINING_proficiency,Mercury
                2 = TRAINING_mission,Mercury
                3 = Flight,Earth
                3 = Suborbit,Earth
                3 = Orbit,Earth
                3 = ExitVessel,Earth
                3 = BoardVessel,Earth
                3 = Flyby,Moon
                3 = Escape,Moon
                3 = ExitVessel,Moon
                3 = BoardVessel,Moon
                3 = Orbit,Moon
                3 = Flyby,Earth
                3 = Land,Earth
                3 = Recover
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 4
            }
        }

After doing this, the 4 astronauts showed up in the "astronauts" tab, though it still said "Corps 2 astronauts". They did nt show in the training tab and they did not show in the astronaut complex.
Please tell me what I have missed? Perhaps some global setting about the number of astronauts?

EDIT - solved. Somehow. Still not sure what I did differently but now have all 4 back.

Please someone tell me if this is a known bug or should I wait till it happens again and report it will full logs etc?

Edited by Antstar

On 8/19/2018 at 7:04 AM, Antstar said:

So, I have no idea why astronauts are disappearing. Can I at least have some help hacking my save file?

I did a search by astronaut name from a non-broken save and copied the results into my save file (incidently they were just gone, not retired or anything). Roughly this data:

Reveal hidden contents

SCENARIO
    {
        name = CrewHandler
        scene = 6, 7, 5, 8
        nextUpdate = 98557922.18902564
        RETIRETIMES
        {
            Rostislav Vetochkin = 300142706.40357387
            Nikita Tselikovsky = 278221379.31283367
            Marta Dubrovskaya = 377550918.83834255
            Helen Nelson = 395217420.99460018
        }
        RETIREES
        {
        }
        EXPIRATIONS
        {
            Expiration
            {
                pcmName = Helen Nelson
                expiration = 211722120.05692589
                entry = TRAINING_proficiency,Mercury

*SNIP*

SCENARIO
    {
        name = TRR_Scenario
        scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
        reflectionType = REAL
        useKspSkin = True
        Kerbals
        {
            Rostislav Vetochkin = M DEFAULT_MALE DEFAULT_SUIT
            Nikita Tselikovsky = M DEFAULT_MALE DEFAULT_SUIT
            Marta Dubrovskaya = F DEFAULT_FEMALE DEFAULT_SUIT
            Helen Nelson = F DEFAULT_FEMALE DEFAULT_SUIT

*SNIP*

KERBAL
        {
            name = Marta Dubrovskaya
            gender = Female
            type = Crew
            trait = Scientist
            brave = 0.504472613
            dumb = 0.426714897
            badS = False
            veteran = True
            tour = False
            state = Available
            inactive = True
            inactiveTimeEnd = 114710387.41921353
            gExperienced = 0
            outDueToG = False
            ToD = 0
            idx = 0
            extraXP = 1
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 4
                0 = Nationality,Russian
                1 = TRAINING_proficiency,Mercury
                2 = TRAINING_mission,Mercury
                3 = Flight,Earth
                3 = Suborbit,Earth
                3 = Orbit,Earth
                3 = ExitVessel,Earth
                3 = BoardVessel,Earth
                3 = Flyby,Moon
                3 = Escape,Moon
                3 = ExitVessel,Moon
                3 = BoardVessel,Moon
                3 = Orbit,Moon
                3 = Flyby,Earth
                3 = Land,Earth
                3 = Recover
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 4
            }
        }

After doing this, the 4 astronauts showed up in the "astronauts" tab, though it still said "Corps 2 astronauts". They did nt show in the training tab and they did not show in the astronaut complex.
Please tell me what I have missed? Perhaps some global setting about the number of astronauts?

EDIT - solved. Somehow. Still not sure what I did differently but now have all 4 back.

Please someone tell me if this is a known bug or should I wait till it happens again and report it will full logs etc?

I had the same issue and removed kerbal renamer which fixed it for me, they only disapeared for me if i was on a manned mission and while still on the mission changed scene then i would notice missing crew.

FInally reinstalled KSP(1.3.1) with all mods and RP-0 is working fine.
But now i have some sort of bug.
I researched and unloched cry tanks, but there is no procedural crytank in VAB. ANy idea what am i doing wrong?

Also looks like i don't have life support tank, wich is unlocked too

Edited by mwg_test

18 hours ago, mwg_test said:

I researched and unloched cry tanks, but there is no procedural crytank in VAB. ANy idea what am i doing wrong?

Developmental Branch?  The "Cryo" and other default tanks types are not used.  Tank I, II... and Service module I, II... and balloon I,II... types are all you need.  Life support should just go in Service module tanks generally.

Edited by Bornholio

Just wanted to say that I'm playing an RP-1 career on moderate difficulty and am finding it a good mix of challenging and enjoyable. I don't think I've ever launched this many sounding rockets in a career before.

One question - is there any way to tell an astronaut to keep current on something in terms of training until further notice? I'm still just using the X-1 cockpit, and even though I only have the one type of craft I've still had a few instances where the intended crew lost their quals prior to actually going on a mission.  If such a feature isn't available, I'd certainly encourage it, either locked behind a certain level of astronaut complex or increasing the maintenance cost of the astronauts affected.

Thanks again for making such a wonderful addition to KSP!

Edited by Norcalplanner
Typo

Does this mod still work with the Realism Overhaul 1.3.1 or do i need to downgrade everything into an even earlier version to make everything runable?

EDIT: I got this mod to work with Realism Overhaul in 1.2.1 but now i want to know if there's anybody who has been able to get Realistic Progression, Realism Overhaul, and Principia to all work together.

Edited by flyby2412

On 8/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, flyby2412 said:

Does this mod still work with the Realism Overhaul 1.3.1 or do i need to downgrade everything into an even earlier version to make everything runable?

EDIT: I got this mod to work with Realism Overhaul in 1.2.1 but now i want to know if there's anybody who has been able to get Realistic Progression, Realism Overhaul, and Principia to all work together.

Yes, but developmental branch is more up to date but unless you are ready for a big jump in game complexity you may wish to play master.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:55 PM, Norcalplanner said:

Just wanted to say that I'm playing an RP-1 career on moderate difficulty and am finding it a good mix of challenging and enjoyable. I don't think I've ever launched this many sounding rockets in a career before.

One question - is there any way to tell an astronaut to keep current on something in terms of training until further notice? I'm still just using the X-1 cockpit, and even though I only have the one type of craft I've still had a few instances where the intended crew lost their quals prior to actually going on a mission.  If such a feature isn't available, I'd certainly encourage it, either locked behind a certain level of astronaut complex or increasing the maintenance cost of the astronauts affected.

Thanks again for making such a wonderful addition to KSP!

you have to manually do the training, tho proficiency lasts quite a long time.  Mission training last only one mission or ~120 days so do it just before launch.  You could manually edit the configs to last longer if that is intolerable.

Modders have made a good number of advances towards 1.4.5 compatibility lately, Mk 1.4 Spreadsheet

Sep 02, lots of cleanup and listing what will run/load from things listed as prior 1.4.5 compat, fixed a few notes also feel free to add any details

Edited by Bornholio

I often post here to say "its broken" or to ask for help. Today is no exception, however I want to also take the opportunity to thank the RO / RP-0 contributors for these mods. I really would have given up on KSP by now if not for the extra layer of challenge and play it offers :D We really appreciate how much you have put into this and that you are not getting paid!

So, on to the broken:

Playing with the probably latest version of RP-1 from github. Doesn't have a version or readme in the directory but files were modified 11/04/18.
The contract for 2 crew on space station keeps resetting the time to 0 when the craft is not active (or more technically when craft is loaded it is counting down from 29d, 23h, 59m) - see picture.
Its fine for me, I will bring them home then use the debug menu to finish the contract. All the other counts seemed to work fine while the craft were unloaded (ie. comms satallites, crew in space, orbit the Earth, orbit the Moon)

On 8/22/2018 at 5:32 PM, mwg_test said:

On 8/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, Bornholio said:

Developmental Branch?  The "Cryo" and other default tanks types are not used.  Tank I, II... and Service module I, II... and balloon I,II... types are all you need.  Life support should just go in Service module tanks generally.

I found you need to unlock the life support tank before you can add life support. This means until I actually research the node (with construction time) and purchased it I can't add water, food, oxygen to either service modules or the capsules. I have no idea if this is how it is supposed to work, but it is how it did work

I also wouldn't mind knowing how I can stop H2 boiloff. It makes the nuclear engines redundant if you can't arrive at the destination with any fuel left ;)

Edited by Antstar

3 hours ago, Antstar said:

I also wouldn't mind knowing how I can stop H2 boiloff. It makes the nuclear engines redundant if you can't arrive at the destination with any fuel left ;)

Boiloff is a recurring problem in RP0, and i guess real life too, but with RP-1's MLI layers(insulation) on maximum and quite a few radiators ive been able to cut the boiloff so manned mars mission on NERVA2 is actually quite viable :)

I dont think theres a way to completely get rid of the boiloff without straight up editing config files.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:18 AM, Bornholio said:

Modders have made a good number of advances towards 1.4.5 compatibility lately, Mk 1.4 Spreadsheet

Sep 02, lots of cleanup and listing what will run/load from things listed as prior 1.4.5 compat, fixed a few notes also feel free to add any details

Good news, since the time I didn't see any changes on the repository, I was believing the RO/RP-X mods was deads.

I do not want ask for any release date, but do you thing that RP-1 will be released as non-developmental a day?

11 hours ago, hargn said:

Good news, since the time I didn't see any changes on the repository, I was believing the RO/RP-X mods was deads.

I do not want ask for any release date, but do you thing that RP-1 will be released as non-developmental a day?

Always hard to say, Ferram and NK could start pushing tomorrow.  Awang got a 1.4.5 PR update for test flight yesterday, and RSS has a draft ready for release.  RsparckyC did several updates to list mods in the last couple weeks.  altogether i think you can make a 1.4.x build if you hand pick from PRs.

RSS just did a 1.4.5 release

Edited by Bornholio

I'm also wondering about boiloff. For some reason, MLI layers aren't present as a tank option in my game. Are those included as part of RP-1, or are they provided by some other mod? I just (as in less than an hour ago) grabbed the latest development version of RP-1, so I'm led to think that they're provided by something else.

Edited by IncongruousGoat

14 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

I'm also wondering about boiloff. For some reason, MLI layers aren't present as a tank option in my game. Are those included as part of RP-1, or are they provided by some other mod? I just (as in less than an hour ago) grabbed the latest development version of RP-1, so I'm led to think that they're provided by something else.

You need to install the latest RealFuels version for 1.3.1 (https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/releases/tag/rf-v12.6.0), it includes MLI.

Edited by Mike`

12 hours ago, Seria17hri11er said:

I'm a total noob.  Can someone tell me how to get the UI up to collect science?  Only stuff I can find talks about doing an EVA with a Kerbal.  I seen in tutorial 1 he didn't click anything but the menu popped up, so I am assuming he used a key binding.

Have you got [x] Science installed? There's a button/option in one of it's windows that stops the science window from popping up. If that isn't the issue then I'm unsure

Edited by ClLaw

9 minutes ago, ClLaw said:

Have you got [x] Science installed? There's a button/option in one of it's windows that stops the science window from popping up. If that isn't the issue then I'm unsure

I don't have [x] Science installed.

So the science window pops up automatically?  I haven't figured out what to do or press to get that UI to pop up in flight to collect data.

15 minutes ago, ClLaw said:

I guess that is the piece I am missing.  I didn't see [x]Science listed for RP-0. Maybe it was recommended by RP-0 or RO.  I kept having issues with the sim crashing so I did without some of the recommended things.  Will install now.  Question still stands about that UI to collect science.

Edited by Seria17hri11er

For the love of...

I am on my second rocket and am getting nowhere as once I fire the first stage, the stage locks!

I checked the debug menu and RTstaginglock, RTsas, and RT something else are on the lock list and wont clear.  Any idea whats going on?

Just a sounding rocket with booster and decoupler in between the two, plus a telemetry unit.  I get an Avionics ok.  Could this be caused by a game controller?  I really don't understand what is going on.  I tried Alt L to unlock after launch, but no change.  I tried two different telemetry units.  One I can never get an avionics ok.  I am at a loss.  2nd time trying to do this stuff.  Tried several years back.  Now I'm trying again and following the tutorials, but I still can't get stuff to work.

Please send help! :p

On 9/6/2018 at 7:31 PM, Seria17hri11er said:

I don't have [x] Science installed.

So the science window pops up automatically?  I haven't figured out what to do or press to get that UI to pop up in flight to collect data.

I guess that is the piece I am missing.  I didn't see [x]Science listed for RP-0. Maybe it was recommended by RP-0 or RO.  I kept having issues with the sim crashing so I did without some of the recommended things.  Will install now.  Question still stands about that UI to collect science.

The science collection window should pop up automatically just like in vanilla KSP. There is no key binding to get it to pop up.

In my last reply I was assuming you had [x] science installed and that you may have toggled something there as that is what I had done previously.

Have you tried clicking on the science experiment itself and reviewing data? I can't imagine what might be stopping the window from popping up unless you're in time warp when doing the experiment as I've previously seen that happen before

6 hours ago, ClLaw said:

The science collection window should pop up automatically just like in vanilla KSP. There is no key binding to get it to pop up.

In my last reply I was assuming you had [x] science installed and that you may have toggled something there as that is what I had done previously.

Have you tried clicking on the science experiment itself and reviewing data? I can't imagine what might be stopping the window from popping up unless you're in time warp when doing the experiment as I've previously seen that happen before

Well I got [x] science installed now, but have a bigger issue.  I can't do a boosted sounding rocket. Stage always locks after the first.  I ensured my stages are set up properly.  

For the love of...

I am on my second rocket and am getting nowhere as once I fire the first stage, the stage locks!

I checked the debug menu and RTstaginglock, RTsas, and RT something else are on the lock list and wont clear.  Any idea whats going on?

Just a sounding rocket with booster and decoupler in between the two, plus a telemetry unit.  I get an Avionics ok.  Could this be caused by a game controller?  I really don't understand what is going on.  I tried Alt L to unlock after launch, but no change.  I tried two different telemetry units.  One I can never get an avionics ok.  I am at a loss.  2nd time trying to do this stuff.  Tried several years back.  Now I'm trying again and following the tutorials, but I still can't get stuff to work.

Please send help! :p

Edited by Seria17hri11er

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.