[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

For anyone who not watching RP-0 on github is coming perilously close to a release of 1.3.1 RP-1, probably jumping to 1.5.1 after that. All the developmental is rolled to master.

Also if you are using a release version of RO there are 160+ commits to master. hopefully a new release soon there too.  Test flight is last hook for RP0 and its https://github.com/KSP-RO/TestFlight/releases/tag/1.9.0.0 got a new release

Edited by Bornholio

6 hours ago, Bornholio said:

For anyone who not watching RP-0 on github is coming perilously close to a release of 1.3.1 RP-1, probably jumping to 1.5.1 after that. All the developmental is rolled to master.

Also if you are using a release version of RO there are 160+ commits to master. hopefully a new release soon there too.  Test flight is last hook for RP0 and its https://github.com/KSP-RO/TestFlight/releases/tag/1.9.0.0 got a new release

Yeah, you guys are the best

@Bornholio That's great getting ready for release, I think I speak for most of us lurking on this tread and the git pages when I say: Thank you and the others for all the work and time you have put into this.

Few questions tough :D,

Will the release be compatible with the dev installs? I'm running a game from the early November release and am getting ready for manned moon missions. If the release breaks the save I'm going to wait for release and start over.

Are the RTG's back in the tech tree? In the earlyer versions the RTG nodes were nicely filled with historical RTG's from Venn's, In the more recent releases they were all gone for me, even tough Venn's is installed. It's kinda hard powering probes to the outer planets on solar power, and the only RTG in my current tree is sitting in some 200-300 science node. I dug trough Venn's, RO and rp0 part configs but I can't seem to find them.

Is there going to be a (easier) way to populate the later tech nodes other then using the excel file? I tried to add things like raptor engines from RealEngines and I somehow keep failing at it. Is there a way to translate the CTT used by a lot of mods into the rp0 tech tree directly? There are a lot of good part mods that add more endgame parts, but right now it is a nightmare to get them into the tree.

2 hours ago, Agustin said:

Why haven't you updated the OP, or said anything about the official release?
Rp-1 is out!
If anyone wants to know...
Thanks to all the developers.

The plan is going to be probably starting a new thread. We don't have access to control the OP on this one.

Definitely concur on the need for a new thread.  Even without the inability to edit the OP, the changes in RP1 are so significant that keeping the info for RP0 in the same thread as RP1 is just going to confuse and mislead the unicorns who actually try to read previous posts and figure things out for themselves instead of just asking questions first.

Edited by RoboRay

I'm really looking forward to starting a new RP-1 career this week, and find myself with a few questions:

Is it a design goal and/or will it be feasible to transfer a 1.3.1 RP-1 career to 1.5.1 when that comes out? Trying to decide how much time to invest in the new career.

KCT is frequently played with Stage Recovery and Scrapyard. Are the RP-1 formulas for KCT designed for those mods to be present? Just looking to experience the new release the way it's meant to be played.

Any info or clarification  is greatly appreciated! :-)

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

I'm really looking forward to starting a new RP-1 career this week, and find myself with a few questions:

Is it a design goal and/or will it be feasible to transfer a 1.3.1 RP-1 career to 1.5.1 when that comes out? Trying to decide how much time to invest in the new career.

KCT is frequently played with Stage Recovery and Scrapyard. Are the RP-1 formulas for KCT designed for those mods to be present? Just looking to experience the new release the way it's meant to be played.

Any info or clarification  is greatly appreciated! :-)

Right now they things on the list would not, mostly, be game breaking.  There are some more inovative issues open that could though regardless of upgrading  change the game enough.

I find that the hard thing is having the mods all be available in both. I'm playing in 1.4.5 right now, not sure i want to restart a career for the 12th time

13 hours ago, Bornholio said:

not sure i want to restart a career for the 12th time

I might be weird, but i always do the moon, probes to outer planets, land on mars and then i have a craving for those humble beggining again :D So ive restarted my career like 50 times, and this is great opportunity to do it again! 

10 hours ago, species said:

I might be weird, but i always do the moon, probes to outer planets, land on mars and then i have a craving for those humble beggining again :D So ive restarted my career like 50 times, and this is great opportunity to do it again! 

yes but do you do several hundred sounding rocket missions x-plane flights and other early stuff to fill in the delay for tech?  :P   that said, i'll start again this weekend a CKAN loaded 1.3.1 and put my 1.4.5 one on back burner (and thus likely to die) for mod/part testing.  Just wish i had spare time to do the RiS

Congratulations with the release! :cool:

The new version deserves a new thread. RP-0 and RP-1 are different enough to warrant it, besides, some people might need the information in the OP for a 1.2.2 RP-0 install. Having two treads might make it easier to find what they are looking for.

The new RP-1 is great. I do think the first time you tool something it shouldn't influence the building time, since you have to produce all the tooling as well. Now it's just a case of tooling everything to get the building speed up.

I do have one issue: BDB engines seem to have a lot lower entry cost compared to other mods: for example the entry cost of a is given as  LR89 is 142.000 from stock and FASA, but only 6000 from BDB. This is the case with all BDB parts.
I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, or if this is a problem on my side. 

Edited by Slome815

Just getting back into RP-0/1 after a long semester at school.  I just decided to do a clean install of all mods for RP-1.  Is community tech tree required or needed for RP-1?  I noticed on some Youtube videos of RP-1 play troughs that they have completely different tech trees.  

new merge updates the crew training in a significant way!

• Proficiency trainings no longer expire, removed refresher courses
  • Flight trainings do not expire when flight duration was less than 30 seconds
  • Allow only 1 mission training to be active at a time

Is there any way to disable mechjeb when you have insufficient avionics? I find myself cheating without realising it sometimes. Since I usually launch using smartass this happens a lot when I change an already existing design (add srb's or something like that. 

Edited by Slome815

Holy excrements the release version is just beyond awesome! I was totally skeptical about the tooling mechanic and i almost turned off the astronaut training. I have to say BOTH of those mechanics achieved what was intended of em for me, i no longer build brand new launch vehicle for every single mission, youre actually encouridged/forced to reuse tanks Saturn I style. And the astronaut training is awesome as well as it actually requires some planning ahead and when something goes wrong you cant just send another mission right away!

It just blows my mind how much support this AMAZING mod has! Huge respect to anyone capable and willing enought to contribute!!

edit- @Slome815  I dont think you can :x Because even if you dont use mechjeb you can always use the ingame flight computer to do the exact same thing. Its more of the issue of the "weird" ksp perspective on the player, youre not really the astronauts, youre this invisible hand of god that can supplement even the flight computer input :D

Edited by species

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.