[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

On 5/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, JohnMcLane said:

But there seems to be a problem with the RP-1 contracts not showing up.

I installed Rp-1 in 1.6.1, no problems so far. RP-1 Contracts show in new game settings, but if i add Raidernicks US Probes pack, the contracts disappear. With probe pack dependencies and without US Probe pack contracts are there... will test if thats the same in 1.3.1

Edit: with RP-1 V1.0 the problem wasnt there i could play with the US probes pack and had Contracts available. With V1.1.1 the problem appeared.

Can someone confirm that or do i have the problem alone? LOG: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1seFb7BhtHsZJJ6m7fAMRSJM2JkDKXM-L

SOLVED: deleted the RN_US_Probes->Rn_Scansat.cfg and it works again.

Edited by JohnMcLane
Attached KSP Log

I have a question concerning the WIP 1.6.1 installation guide:

What do the symbols next to the lists in the guide stand for? I see stars, thumbs up, i symbols and warning symbols. What do those represent?

Second question concerns the backports: Are those supposed to get some download links for the modified versions of those mods? Are the links given in the golden spreadsheet applicaple for usage here?

If I can figure out the correct installation, I look forward to a new RP-1 game to play. Thanks a lot guys for such a great tool to play and nerd.

8 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

What do the symbols next to the lists in the guide stand for? I see stars, thumbs up, i symbols and warning symbols. What do those represent?

You can hover over them on ckan an get the info: stars are dependencies, thumps up are recommendations and i symbols are suggestions.

8 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

Second question concerns the backports: Are those supposed to get some download links for the modified versions of those mods? Are the links given in the golden spreadsheet applicaple for usage here?

Backports are mostly for 1.3.1 because some mods are only getting further developed on the newer versions of the game, like 1.6 and 1.7. And the team wanted some of there functionality so they backported them to work with 1.3.1.

21 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

I installed Rp-1 in 1.6.1, no problems so far. RP-1 Contracts show in new game settings, but if i add Raidernicks US Probes pack, the contracts disappear. With probe pack dependencies and without US Probe pack contracts are there... will test if thats the same in 1.3.1

Edit: with RP-1 V1.0 the problem wasnt there i could play with the US probes pack and had Contracts available. With V1.1.1 the problem appeared.

Can someone confirm that or do i have the problem alone? LOG: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1seFb7BhtHsZJJ6m7fAMRSJM2JkDKXM-L

SOLVED: deleted the RN_US_Probes->Rn_Scansat.cfg and it works again.

I'm not seeing this in a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 and installing RP-1 v1.1.1 with all the RO/RP-1 recommends and raidernick's US part packs (FASA, Probes, Rockets, US and Soviet Solar Panels, and Skylab). Is this something that pops up later in the contracts for RP-1 or does it exist right from the start of a new career?

Also looking back at your previous post reporting this problem, are you using CC 1.27.2 on KSP 1.6.1? Because if so, that is your problem more than likely. CC 1.27.2 is a backport of CC 1.27.1 (that's why the version file still says 1.27.1) for KSP 1.3.1, using it on KSP 1.6.1 will probably break things. Try using CC 1.27.1, not the backport, and see if it works with the ScanSAT config. You shouldn't need backports on 1.6.1 (although the 1.6.1 install guide is a WIP so that may change), from the looks of this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Installation-for-1.6.1-(Very-WIP) you should be able to install everything on CKAN except RSSVE and KerbalRenamer.

Edited by draqsko
hyperlink didn't like ending parenthesis

1 hour ago, draqsko said:

I'm not seeing this in a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 and installing RP-1 v1.1.1 with all the RO/RP-1 recommends and raidernick's US part packs (FASA, Probes, Rockets, US and Soviet Solar Panels, and Skylab). Is this something that pops up later in the contracts for RP-1 or does it exist right from the start of a new career?

Also looking back at your previous post reporting this problem, are you using CC 1.27.2 on KSP 1.6.1? Because if so, that is your problem more than likely. CC 1.27.2 is a backport of CC 1.27.1 (that's why the version file still says 1.27.1) for KSP 1.3.1, using it on KSP 1.6.1 will probably break things. Try using CC 1.27.1, not the backport, and see if it works with the ScanSAT config. You shouldn't need backports on 1.6.1 (although the 1.6.1 install guide is a WIP so that may change), from the looks of this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Installation-for-1.6.1-(Very-WIP) you should be able to install everything on CKAN except RSSVE and KerbalRenamer.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked, i used CC 1.27.2 for 1.3.1 and 1.27.1 for 1.6.1. I am not sure why this is... if its not a common problem i am glad. I dont use Scansat, so i dont care if i dont have the scansat option on the us probes.

If there is something more that i can figure out i let you know...

2 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Thanks for the reply.

I checked, i used CC 1.27.2 for 1.3.1 and 1.27.1 for 1.6.1. I am not sure why this is... if its not a common problem i am glad. I dont use Scansat, so i dont care if i dont have the scansat option on the us probes.

If there is something more that i can figure out i let you know...

Do you have ScanSAT installed, only seeing FilterExtensions for it but no DLL? I see you have MKS installed. That config only cares about 3 things, ScanSAT, RSS, and KolonyTools (which is MKS related). I don't have MKS installed yet so maybe that is the issue. Or maybe the fact that ScanSAT isn't loaded and mine does have it loaded. Perhaps the changes for the resource scanner in MKS would break something in ScanSAT's RP-1 contracts which might crash the whole thing even if you aren't using ScanSAT.

Oh another thought occurred to me, check your Community Resource Pack, and Real Fuels. The KolonyTools call backs are changing stuff that is typically defined in CRP, and Real Fuels comes packaged with the CRP version to be used with it (and your KSP version) I believe.

I accidentally posted this on the RO thread but it should probably be here

Has anyone thought that when you are tooling you should be able to buy a range.  IE I want to buy tooling from 2m to 2.5m dia and lengths 4m to 20m is more expensive but cheaper then individually tooling a 2x4, 2x15, 2x20, 2.5x4, 2.5x20.  This way if you want slack you can tool 1.9 to 2.1 dia which would be priced equivalently to what we have currently.  I dont enjoy doing the math to oversize a tank so I can under size it for now and stretch it later.  I am also a little pifed that if I have tooling for a 2x20 tank I should be able to make any tank under 20m on the same tooling but if I want larger then it would require new tooling.  If it is a matter of tooling being occupied then you shouldn't be allowed to have multiple of the same tank an a rocket without purchasing tooling for each tank.  I have also though if you buy a tank 4 in 4mx30m you should get a 4mx30m 3, 2, and 1 for free or min tooling cost.  I kind of feel that when upgrading tooling from say tank 3 to tank 4 you have to pay full price.  I could see tank 4 being at the same level as balloon.  I could see the argument for making a Tank 1 on balloon tooling but I also see balloon tooling being too specialized for making tank 1.

Also I think someone needs to take a look at the R7 verners.  First they need a test flight config.  Second their TWR and ISP are ridiculous.  Put one on a balloon tank as a kick stage and you can send a decent probe on a direct mercury/Jupiter flyby for under 60t launch mass.  Their mass may be fine but as a non stoic turbo pump exhaust I would expect a vacuum ISP of 200-250, not 319.  I cant seem to find any info on them.

Edited by Nich

Hi all,

I got a strange issue with my latest RP-1 installation. I cannot exit capsules while in space. I get the message "Module has no hatch". I can exit a landed capsule just fine, so I wonder if there is any technology or training I need to do? Astronaut Complex is upgraded to its maximum.

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Blothorn said:

Which capsules are you using? Early capsules were not equipped with airlocks or designed with the ability to vent and repressurize, and RP now reflects that by disallowing exiting them off the surface.

That might be it, I tried with the very first Mercury / MK1 pod and did not succeed. However, using a Gemini capsule I could do a EVA. I like that RP-1 adds even more realism, however, I wished the messages would be a bit more meaningful.

Thank you!

I seem to be missing the early controllable core.  First controllable core I have is the ranger block 1.  Which mod does that come from?

edit. found it but it is labeled Non RP-0?  Also my probe cores seem to be messed up.  When I do to the config page it is just blank.

Edited by Nich

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jpinard said:

Is there a reason I"m not seeing this in CKAN?

Probably because the most recent release is for KSP 1.3.1.  Search for Realistic Progression One.

(I believe the mod devs are working on a version targeting 1.6.1). 

6 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Probably because the most recent release is for KSP 1.3.1.  Search for Realistic Progression One.

(I believe the mod devs are working on a version targeting 1.6.1). 

Good to know.  Now I wonder if I should have built my game for 1.3.1 instead of 1.6.1 (I gave up on getting 1.7.1. to work).  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it correct that at the start of an RP-1 career it takes 249 days to build the smallest simplest sounding rocket composed of 1 arobeee core, 1 tiny tim booster, 1 procedural nose code, and 3 fins?  That seems awful.  I remember in the last time I played RP-0, you were given some basic starting points to spend on the build points but now you get zero and have to live with a VAB build rate of 0.05 until you get some contracts finished and have some cash to spend on it.  I know it's supposed to be slow but that's immensely slow to only launch 2 starting sounding rockets per year.   I think there has to be something wrong here.

[edit: to make it clear - why this worries me is that if it takes 20,000 funds to even get one little upgrade point to speed this up, it's going to be a while before I can change this rate, and if it takes 249 days to do the smallest toy rocket, then at that rate it feels like it would take decades to do one basic satellite launch rocket later, assuming it scales up like that.]

Edited by Steven Mading

From memory on my install it was more like 90 days.  (But my memory isn't the these days, so I could easily remember wrong).  Regardless you will want to spend funds on increasing both VAB and R&D rates.

The tiny tim isn't actually necessary for a first rocket.  (I'm pretty sure I skipped it).

Did you remember to tool the tanks?  Not tooling the tanks makes the rocket more expensive, and that will make it take longer to build.

Which version of RP-1?  From ckan, github release or github master?   (I'm using github master from a few weeks ago.  Possibly there have been balance changes since).

Edit:  Also the best place to ask is on discord.  https://discord.gg/8u3nrav scroll down toward the bottom for the ro and rp-1 support channels.

Edit2:  Just tried in a new game, minimal rocket, procedural tank (smooth cone 300x800) for the nose, 2 procedural tanks 300x800 for the body, 300mm sr core areobee.  (I  culdn't be bothered adding fins or a launch clamp, since I'm not actually going to launch it).  Before tooling 161 days.  After tooling 78 days.

Edited by AVaughan

You should definately tool the parts for the first sounding rockets, it will help a lot with build speed and if you launch a couple of them in different directions you should end up with some money and science to do the first upgrades.

Also get an upgraded pad building as soon as you can, you will need it for the required distance contract to get orbit contracts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've recently got into RP-1 after playing KSP for a little while.

I'm running KSP 1.61, with the RP-1 and dependencies installed via CKAN, according to the instructions to install RO and RP-1 on KSP 1.61 on the RO/RP-0 github wiki.

I've researched Early Tracking Systems to enable an upgrade to my tracking station from level 1 to level 2. Once researched, the cost is 25000 funds, but when I purchase the upgrade in the research and development facility, no funds are deducted, and if I upgrade the tracking station by right-clicking it and selecting upgrade, it's 75000 funds - is this the correct behaviour, or am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT ******* SOLVED ******

@ rp0 devs

Well, I ran into a situation yesterday.

2nd time this happened to me, on a different 1.6.1 install, but as far as I can tell exactly the same circumstances. I pretty much ragequit yesterday and haven't been able to get time on my PC to gather the logs and modlist/versions and I won't be near it until next thuesday. I might be able to replicate it on my laptop install, if so I will post the files a bit sooner.

I'll put down a description of what happened here, I'm hoping someone has seen the same and knows what's going wrong.

KSP RSS/RO/rp1 install on 1.6.1, RO and rp1 are both master branch installs from about 3 months ago when I built the install. All required mods installed and IMO no crazy non-ro stuff. I do have SSTU installed but only use it for the engine clusters, which work fine. Also use USI, with a RO config I got off reddit. I tested extensively before starting the career and I haven't seen anything "weird" so far.

Career save is in mid-1972 and I finally got my first manned Moon landing launched. I was trying to get 2 contracts done with this launch: First manned moon landing (land, place flag and return home safely), Manned Lunar orbit (stay in orbit for 20h, return safely).

Vehicle is a Saturn5 clone, SSTU 5xF1A on the first stage, SSTU 5xj2s on second, stock(RO) J2s and AJ10SPS, stock(RO) LMDE and LMAE on the lander. Using RO apollo pod and lander can for crew. The CSM and LEM have been tested in LEO without problems, undocking/docking multiple times, leaving physics range and coming back and redocking, crew transfers. Pretty much all the things I'd have to do on the real mission and apart from some thruster placement issues I found no problems.

What happened?:

Launch went off without a hitch, got to orbit pretty easily thanks to the F1A's and J2s's added oomph, and did an uneventfull TMI and insertion to a 70km'ish orbit. I put the lander straight on top of the appollo pods with docking ports and put the whole thing in a fairing to avoid the hassle of transposition. I exited to SC between the burns to conserve LH2 boiloff for my fuell cells and not having to watch a wildly spinning navball. I first completed the 20h orbit contract and then moved 2 crew to the lander. Landing was a succes, the flag was planted, surface samples and EVA reports were to be had and we took the obligatory screenshot. I waited on the surface for the CSM to complete it's orbit and then launched the LEM after it to rendezvous. When rendezvous was completed things started happening tough.

I first noticed something funny after I switched to the CSM, I told MJ to hold retrograde for ease of docking, but once it aligned the RCS ports kept visually firing, not consuming any fuel and velocity didn't change, but all the nozzles were acting as if they were running at max. I didn't think much of it, switched back to the LEM and proceeded to dock normally. Once docked I transferred one crew and EVA'd the other to get the science into the CSM. Funny thing: when viewing the docked vessels the RCS is still firing on all ports of the CSM. In EVA view the ports are silent and once I boarded they started firing again. I transferred remaining food and O2 to the CSM and undocked the LEM, set up my burn to break orbit and return home and remembered I had to do a tweak to the next lander in the production que.

This is where things went bad, quickly.

Tried pushing the spacecenter button at the top of the screen.....nothing, try pushing it multiple times....nothing, Ok, F12 menu, input locks is clear but clear it anyway (Don't think input lock has anything to do with returning to SC, but I was getting nervous now) still no reaction. I hit escape to go to spacecenter that way, no response, same with exit to menu and the save/load buttons. Every way to exit the flight scene is blocked. I try pushing other buttons and all the other UI is functioning normally. at this point I decide to quickload to just before I left the surface but F9.....nope. Try switching to one of the sattelites I have around the Moon....nope.

And this Is a carbon copy of the problem that cost me my previous install early this year. Once I try to get back from the Moon everything just locks up. My previous install bugged out after this situation and I'm afraid to now do anything with this one.

Finally I decided to just make the burn home and land, to see if I could recover the vessel to see what happens, I reenter and land, try to recover and still no reaction. Even tried the KCT recover option but get a dialog saying it is unable to recover for...reasons. Ultimately I had to force-close KSP trough the task manager. I booted up again and the last autosave is a few minutes before the LEM burn to an encounter with the CSM, I try and return to SC, and I return.

So it seems that docking a spacecraft that has been on the Moon surface bugs out my game? I didn't do anymore tests after that because it was getting late and I was fed up with it.

Does the Hivemind here have any idea what is happening and how to maybe fix it?

I'll try to put up logs etc. asap, but it'll probably be after the weekend.

Edited by Rob K
Typo, solved

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.