rsparkyc

[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

4 hours ago, Bornholio said:

Any config file is fine, in fact its always best to make your own separate file unless you are modifying an existing component. and even then you should put in good notes for yourself and set a copy aside, that way when stuf gets recompiled for reasons its easy to restore.

I make a little battery indicator box out of mechjeb parts and keep the RP-0 line in that file.

Yeah, got a ever growing config folder, now with an RP-0 File :D

4 hours ago, Bornholio said:

Made a little album of starting a 1.4.5 RP-1 career

Cool! :cool:

I use 1.3.1, but I'm thinking of starting a new career. Would you recommend switching to 1.4.5 or sticking with 1.3.1 for now? When I look at KSP RO Debugging (AKA: The Golden Spreadsheet) Mk1.4 it looks like everything should work fine. Are there any reason to not use the latest version of KSP? :) (Your ship exploded on slow impact with the water, but I sometimes get these bugs with RP-1 in 1.3.1)

Edited by MaltYebisu
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MaltYebisu said:

Cool! :cool:

I use 1.3.1, but I'm thinking of starting a new career. Would you recommend switching to 1.4.5 or sticking with 1.3.1 for now? When I look at KSP RO Debugging (AKA: The Golden Spreadsheet) Mk1.4 it looks like everything should work fine. Are there any reason to not use the latest version of KSP? :) (Your ship exploded on slow impact with the water, but I sometimes get these bugs with RP-1 in 1.3.1)

Try making an install but i'd say its not worth doing unless you want to start a new career fresh.

the thing I've had the most problem with is test flight, after adding a few parts mods i had MM rcs issues and endless patching.  FAR is the obvious blocker but the DLL's to get it working are in PR state.

noticed some warnings in console about contracts mostly RT and new ones for mid game.  Had EVE and tried getting some version of clouds working, closest i got was RSSVE working but weird colored sky

Jbd7Vq8.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bornholio said:

gOnYKJd.png

This is fine.

Edited by RoboRay
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bornholio said:

the thing I've had the most problem with is test flight, after adding a few parts mods i had MM rcs issues and endless patching.  FAR is the obvious blocker but the DLL's to get it working are in PR state.

noticed some warnings in console about contracts mostly RT and new ones for mid game.  Had EVE and tried getting some version of clouds working, closest i got was RSSVE working but weird colored sky

Thanks for clarifying! 

I guess I'll wait a little bit before switching (I'll milk my career game for what it's worth until RP-1 and the dependables are fully ready for 1.4.x). My impression is that RP-1 for 1.3.1 is less stable than RP-0 for 1.2.2, and 1.4.5 might be less stable than 1.3.1.

By the way, are there any plans to implement the personal parachute/hang glider upgrade for 1.4 in RP-1? I'm curious about how a "realistic game" would handle this mechanic. Would you ignore it and leave it for the player to do what they want with the ability? (Having basic parachute training include a trip to Mars and Venus for the experience requirement seems a bit "unrealistic" ) Or are there any plans to change this for realism's sake? I think @NathanKell mentioned in a video or stream that he wanted to remove the ability to EVA from early capsules to make it more realistic. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:34 AM, Bornholio said:

gOnYKJd.png

https://imgur.com/gallery/2lE9bdO

Wow, early Soyuz simulation ?

• Like 1

Soundnfury pushed a bunch of PR's in developmental branch today.  If anyone running RP-1 has time please check it out and note if anything is wrong. Hasn't been much activity lately so its a welcome update. RP-1

@soundnfury Thanks a ton.

Continuing my RP-1 career

https://imgur.com/a/hnzuz6t

Album 2

eLH6tgI.png

Edited by Bornholio
  • Like 1

@Bornholio , I'm a little confused about the RP-1 development. Are there two versions of the RP-0 developmental branch or do the same branch work for both 1.3.1 and 1.4.x? I know aw1621107 made a pull request with 1.4.1 compatibility, but how does that work? 

I'm not that familiar with github, so I'm a little confused. :confused:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaltYebisu said:

@Bornholio , I'm a little confused about the RP-1 development. Are there two versions of the RP-0 developmental branch or do the same branch work for both 1.3.1 and 1.4.x? I know aw1621107 made a pull request with 1.4.1 compatibility, but how does that work? 

I'm not that familiar with github, so I'm a little confused. :confused:

Assuming you have everything else working (FAR&RO needs this same treatment) just take the developmental branch install the gamedata contents and replace the .dll's in the plugin folder (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/pull/857/files).

Edited by Bornholio
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, Bornholio said:

gOnYKJd.png

https://imgur.com/gallery/2lE9bdO

@Bornholio You inspired me to share my early career capsule solution for short sub-orbital missions. Had to put lead ballast in the bottom tank and used a thrust plate as a heat-shield lol:

screenshot5.png?width=1095&height=616

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bornholio said:

Assuming you have everything else working (FAR&RO needs this same treatment) just take the developmental branch install the gamedata contents and replace the .dll's in the plugin folder (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/pull/857/files).

Thank you for explaining! :) 

7 hours ago, PataSolar said:

@Bornholio You inspired me to share my early career capsule solution for short sub-orbital missions. Had to put lead ballast in the bottom tank and used a thrust plate as a heat-shield lol:

screenshot5.png?width=1095&height=616

Nice! I love kerbal solutions to RP-0 missions. Why design a replica you know works.  

EDIT:

With the new version of KSP out, would it be better to skip 1.4.5 support in favour of 1.5.x? I get the feeling that some RP-0/RO developers didn't care too much for the 1.4.5 release. :) 

Edited by MaltYebisu
I just noticed the 1.5 update
  • Like 1

Hey guys, not sure where is the right place to ask, but are there some mods that work reasonably well with 1.3.1 RP-1 for lategame ISRU? Especially stuff like a Sabatier reactor for methane, or stuff to mine ice and electrolyse it into Oxygen and Hydrogen. Would be great to know, as I am now slightly past apollo era and would find it nice to create a scenario where people listened to Robert Zubrin and made Mars-Direct a reality.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

Hey guys, not sure where is the right place to ask, but are there some mods that work reasonably well with 1.3.1 RP-1 for lategame ISRU? Especially stuff like a Sabatier reactor for methane, or stuff to mine ice and electrolyse it into Oxygen and Hydrogen. Would be great to know, as I am now slightly past apollo era and would find it nice to create a scenario where people listened to Robert Zubrin and made Mars-Direct a reality.

RealISRU, but you need to add the RSSRP-0=True to the parts or not use NoNONRP0 folder

also

@PART["partname"]:FOR[zzzRP-0]
{
	%category = -1
	%techRequired = ORPHANS
	%RSSROConfig = True
	RP0conf = true
}

this needs testing and fixing.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealISRU

In a fit of insanity I've started the tracker for 1.5 compatibility

RO/RP-0 Mk 1.5

Edited by Bornholio
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Bornholio said:

In a fit of insanity I've started the tracker for 1.5 compatibility

I love and share your optimism! :D

I own KSP on GOG, and they don't have the 1.3.1.1891 version available for download anymore, only the 1.3.1.1836 pre-release version is available on the "pre-release beta channel". If you contact customer support, they will let you download any version you want, but I can imagine that this is a barrier for most GOG users of KSP.

Edited by MaltYebisu
Spelling...
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 2:16 PM, Bornholio said:

Try making an install but i'd say its not worth doing unless you want to start a new career fresh.

Jbd7Vq8.png

I got RSSVE working in 1.4.5, only one orbit test with "Set Orbit" via alt +F12, but no problems on first glance. Using RSSVE-Master, Scatterer 0.0331b, EVE 1.4.2 and DistantObjectEnhancement 1.9.1.1.

Which Version of AJE are you using? 2.11.4? Tried a bunch of different versions, keeps me stuck on loading screen on the squad engine parts/jetEngines ....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

I got RSSVE working in 1.4.5, only one orbit test with "Set Orbit" via alt +F12, but no problems on first glance. Using RSSVE-Master, Scatterer 0.0331b, EVE 1.4.2 and DistantObjectEnhancement 1.9.1.1.

Which Version of AJE are you using? 2.11.4? Tried a bunch of different versions, keeps me stuck on loading screen on the squad engine parts/jetEngines ....

What configs are you using for scatterer and DOE? this master?https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSVE/

AJE:

Using 2.11.4 with FAR https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/pull/226 added to Master or 0.15.9.1 https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/releases/tag/v0.15.9.1_Liepmann

and solver engines https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines/releases/tag/v3.6.2

and Modular Flight Integrator 1.2.5 https://github.com/sarbian/ModularFlightIntegrator

Edited by Bornholio
  • Like 2

@Bornholio

try this 

CtESD10.png

OOps this: lol

Here we go, it was the wing mass stopping me. Area ruling could be tweaked more, but it works.

02IhmG3.pngI71TBmZ.png

CtESD10.png

Even spalshes down full safely

AO6u4mV.png

100 meters mach 1, ceilings, cruise 18.500 meters and zoom lift ceiling 20008 meters (then it spins out)

Even my U2 knock offs cant pass 20,000 meters, so I'm pretty happy

stats here: its a Derwent V 

Performance

• Maximum thrust: 2,000 lbf (8.90 kN) at 16,000 rpm at sea level, Derwent V 4,000 lbf (17.79 kN) at 15,000 rpm at sea level
  • Overall pressure ratio: 3.9:1
  • Turbine inlet temperature: 1,560 °F (849 °C)
  • Specific fuel consumption: 1.17 lb/(lbf h) (119.25 kg/(kN h)), Derwent V 1.02 1.28 lb/(lbf h) (103.97 kg/(kN h))
  • Thrust-to-weight ratio: 2.04 lbf/lb (0.0199 kN/kg), Derwent V 3.226 1.724 lbf/lb (0.0316 kN/kg)
  • Military, static: 2,000 lbf (8.90 kN) at 16,600 rpm at sea level, Derwent V 3,500 lbf (15.57 kN) at 14,600 rpm at sea level
  • Cruising, static: 1,550 lbf (6.89 kN) at 15,400 rpm at sea level, Derwent V 3,000 lbf (13.34 kN) at 14,000 rpm at sea level
  • Idling, static: 120 lbf (0.53 kN) at 5,500 rpm at sea level, Derwent V 120 lbf (0.53 kN) at 5,500 rpm at sea level
  • Like 1