[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

On 3.7.2017 at 1:47 AM, ptr421 said:

The planetary flyby contracts are a bit weird. 20000 km is okay-ish for inner planets, but seems a bit excessive for Jupiter and beyond. 

Hi @ptr421, I don't get it. What's the problem there? Do you think that's too close? I didn't have any problems meeting this.

45 minutes ago, Lilienthal said:

Hi @ptr421, I don't get it. What's the problem there? Do you think that's too close? I didn't have any problems meeting this.

You could argue based on realism. You really don't want to get that close to Jupiter's ferocious magnetic field without special hardening for all the electronics and Saturn's main rings extend ~80,000 km from its cloud tops so that represents another "no fly" zone for early probes.

20 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

You could argue based on realism. You really don't want to get that close to Jupiter's ferocious magnetic field without special hardening for all the electronics and Saturn's main rings extend ~80,000 km from its cloud tops so that represents another "no fly" zone for early probes.

Thanks for the note and idea! I have modified the contracts to take this into consideration. Pioneer 10 flew some 130,000km by Jupiter and Pioneer 11 and both Voyagers were closer. I have set both Saturn and Jupiter to be flyby of less than 150,000km and Uranus and Neptune to be less than 100,000km. Fun fact, Voyager 2 flew within 5,000 km of Neptune atmosphere! 

Edited by pap1723

On 9. 7. 2017 at 11:16 AM, Lilienthal said:

Good point. 20,000 km also makes multiple flyby's probably. much more difficult.

Mostly that. An Earth-Jupiter-Saturn(etc) trajectory will most likely take you to somewhere within Io's orbit. I don't think anyone would doubt that you've been to Jupiter at that point, no need to go to fractions of its diameter. Besides other IRL concerns above. 

Uhm, I can't get 'landingMoon' contract to spawn. I doesn't appear in the mission control as unavailable. I did the 'first_MoonFlybyUncrewed', which is the requirement. I have +800 rep.

Relevant (I think) mod versions:

• KSP 1.2.2
  • RP-0 build 54
  • Contract configurator 1.22.2

What should I look for as a cause?

Does anyone know if there's a known problem with the "Lunar Landing (uncrewed)" contract?

(This is RP0 v0.54.0.0)

The problem is, as far as I can tell I did everything right... and it claims I'm not landed on the mun.  I know for a fact that I am because I can print my status from kOS and it comes back as "LANDED" (which is taken directly from the KSP API for the vessel's status so I know it's true).

But all the bullet points of the contract say they're done, except that one.

The ship did tip over on landing, but none of its parts broke off, so it shouldn't count as destroyed in any way.  (In the screenshot, note the uncompleted bullet point called "Land on [the Moon]".

(I also noticed that although the API calls the moon "Moon", sometimes aspects of the game throw a "the" in front of it, calling it 'the Moon".  I wonder if that is in some way related?  Maybe the name being sometimes "Moon" and sometimes "the Moon" is confusing things?

In the end I used the debug menu to force-succeed the contract because IMO I did it correctly.

GGALsp7.png

Edited by Steven Mading

6 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Does anyone know if there's a known problem with the "Lunar Landing (uncrewed)" contract?

(This is RP0 v0.54.0.0)

The problem is, as far as I can tell I did everything right... and it claims I'm not landed on the mun.  I know for a fact that I am because I can print my status from kOS and it comes back as "LANDED" (which is taken directly from the KSP API for the vessel's status so I know it's true).

But all the bullet points of the contract say they're done, except that one.

The ship did tip over on landing, but none of its parts broke off, so it shouldn't count as destroyed in any way.  (In the screenshot, note the uncompleted bullet point called "Land on [the Moon]".

(I also noticed that although the API calls the moon "Moon", sometimes aspects of the game throw a "the" in front of it, calling it 'the Moon".  I wonder if that is in some way related?  Maybe the name being sometimes "Moon" and sometimes "the Moon" is confusing things?

In the end I used the debug menu to force-succeed the contract because IMO I did it correctly.

GGALsp7.png

Hello @Steven Mading I just looked at the syntax of the contract and it is correct. I believe that you might have just come across an error that sometimes happens with Contract Configurator. Did you try transmitting the science to see if that checks off both boxes?

5 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Hello @Steven Mading I just looked at the syntax of the contract and it is correct. I believe that you might have just come across an error that sometimes happens with Contract Configurator. Did you try transmitting the science to see if that checks off both boxes?

I did it again later and it worked correctly.

The only difference, I think, is that the first time I had two active contracts (at the same time) - one for impact and one for landing, which I intended to solve with 2 separate missions.  It looks like the landing event got "stolen" by the impact contract and counted as the impact event instead of the landing event, but I didn't notice because the impact contract didn't show up as "done" in the messages icon.  But when I left the scene and went back to the space center and looked at my mission control, *then* I saw that the impact contract got marked had been moved over into the "finished" tab (I saw no notice message to this effect in the messages queue button).

So it looks like the impact contract "took" the landing event for itself, and also didn't notify me of this with a contract finish message, leading to all sorts of confusion.

At least I *think* that looks like what happened.

I´m having a problem-the loading stops whenever it hits the "ProceduralParts/Parts/Tanks/4SRB/proceduralTankSRB" file...I tried deleting it, and it loaded, but rendered all SRBs unusable. Also, the game does not crash, it just loads forever.

CqTJRuj.png

The GameData folder. Am I missing any mods?

When it gets stuck, Module Manager 2.7.6 has applied 20347 modules.

Hi rsparkyc, hi to everyone else!

Being quite happy that there's now a way to run RP-0 on KSP v1.2.2, I created an additional copy of KSP just for RP-0.

First I completely cleaned the install from everything that might interfere, so only the content of a fresh install remained. Then I followed Scott Manley's most recent video tutorial to install RP-0. Being careful, I skipped everything that is not mandatory for the installation, so I installed RP-0 using CKAN without any additional suggestions (but I took a screenshot there, so I can add those later) and scatterer v0.0300 from the scatterer download site as shown by Scott.

When launching KSP v1.2.2 (64bit on Windows), it takes quite some time to load, but that's ok.

Then module manager reports one error: 1 error related to GameData/RP-0/PartHacks.cfg

The next moment, KSP crashes and returns me to the desktop. In fact, that happens so fast I couldn't read that error message the first time, I had to do a quick screen capture to read it and copy it down here.

Log files

2017-08-03_111154-1.jpg

2017-08-03_111154-2.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yours

sfhq / Mark

Edited by sfhq
added screenshots

@sfhq There is something wrong with the stock side of your install (Squad folder):

PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_diff' to replace with

And:

LiquidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

These are stock assets that should be always present in the GameDatabase (at least the resources). The fact that you are missing textures and critical resources means that you either pruned/deleted some of the Squad folder contents, the folder itself for some reason is inaccessible or it's contents are corrupted.

The RP-0 patch throws errors because the stock "GooGooExperiment" part config is missing (probably caused by the above):

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key mass = #$@PART[GooExperiment]/mass$

From the PartHacks.cfg:

@PART[SXTProbeGooo]:FOR[RP-0]
{
    %mass = #$@PART[GooExperiment]/mass$
}

SXT also has problems accessing the stock KSP part textures/models required for it to work:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/elevon0b/SXTelevonSmallHalf'

PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'Wings' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings' to replace with

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

@sfhq There is something wrong with the stock side of your install (Squad folder):

PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_diff' to replace with

And:

LiquidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

These are stock assets that should be always present in the GameDatabase (at least the resources). The fact that you are missing textures and critical resources means that you either pruned/deleted some of the Squad folder contents, the folder itself for some reason is inaccessible or it's contents are corrupted.

The RP-0 patch throws errors because the stock "GooGooExperiment" part config is missing (probably caused by the above):

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key mass = #$@PART[GooExperiment]/mass$

From the PartHacks.cfg:

@PART[SXTProbeGooo]:FOR[RP-0]
{
    %mass = #$@PART[GooExperiment]/mass$
}

SXT also has problems accessing the stock KSP part textures/models required for it to work:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/elevon0b/SXTelevonSmallHalf'

PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'Wings' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings' to replace with

Thanks for the prompt reply,

I was quite sure that the stock install was OK, but in fact, the Squad folder inside GameData folder wasn't.

So I fixed that with fresh files from ksp-win64-1.2.2.zip (downloaded from Squad/KSP store), tested this "vanilla-style" install and started all over with the mods, once again, only with the minimum required components. The loading process takes much more time now and there are no more error messages, but then, the game crashes back to desktop, right as before.

UPDATED LOG FILE (2017-08-03_171310)

While I have quite a good understanding of KSP itself, checking modded installs isn't my area of expertise. Plus, I never had crash issues with previous modded installs (KSP-with-TACLS / KSP-with-Kerbalism), they all work fine with v1.2.2.

I really hope this RP-0 issue can be resolved, now that GameData/Squad is ok. I'm quite eager to try this out.

sfhq / Mark

Edited by sfhq
updated to include new error log

@Phineas Freak, modlist incoming!

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Toolbar - 1.7.13
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.11
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
Connected Living Space - 1.2.4.2
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus - 1.0.1
Contract Pack: Grand Tour Contracts - 0.1.10.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.6
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.13
Deadly Reentry - 7.6.0.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.8.1
Firespitter - 7.4.1
JanitorsCloset - 0.2.20
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
MagiCore - 1.2.5
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Procedural Parts - 1.2.11
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealChute - 1.4.3
RealismOverhaul - 11.5.1
RealSolarSystem - 12.0
RemoteTech - 1.8.6
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.3
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
SolverEngines - 3.1
SXTContinued - 0.3.12.1
TAC Life Support - 0.13
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
[x] Science! - 5.6

Unless you are asking for something other than a crash log, I can´t provide it, because my issue does not crash the game.

@sfhq CKAN really messes things up...it lists CBK v1.1.13.0 as KSP 1.2.2 compatible when in fact it is only KSP 1.3 compatible. I am also 100% sure that KCT/MagiCore are also incorrectly listed (CKAN provides the MagiCore v1.3.0 which guess what...it is compatible only with KSP 1.3).

God, i hate CKAN...

32 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

I can´t provide it, because my issue does not crash the game.

I am 100% sure that you can provide one. It is generated every time KSP runs, even if you force-quit after 0.1 s:

As you mentioned "getting stuck" after MM runs: do you mean that you get a black screen with the planets spinning in the corner or just the last splash screen image? In the case of the second one you have to be patient and let KSP complete creating it's GameDatabase (+20000 MM patches are a lot of patches).

I can also spot the incompatible CBK (v.1.1.13.0) and some mods not really supported by RP-0 (the various third-party contract packs - not sure if they do any harm though). You are also missing some hard dependencies (RealFuels, RealHeat) and it is not clear if you are also missing the RSS textures (not listed here - you are not going anywhere if you are missing these as you will never reach the KSP main menu).

21 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@sfhq CKAN really messes things up...it lists CBK v1.1.13.0 as KSP 1.2.2 compatible when in fact it is only KSP 1.3 compatible. I am also 100% sure that KCT/MagiCore are also incorrectly listed (CKAN provides the MagiCore v1.3.0 which guess what...it is compatible only with KSP 1.3).

God, i hate CKAN...

Oh-oh. I always assumed that CKAN watches for dependencies as carefully as the original CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network, name-giver to CKAN) does, including the required versions, but obviously, it doesn't. Looking at the CKAN main sceen, about the half of the mods are already compiled for KSP v1.3.x. So I guess I have to downgrade all of them?

I already downgraded Magico's stuff (I took his v1.2.2 compatible versions from another v1.2.2 mod installation) and CBK, but I'm still getting these crashes.

Slightly crestfallen

sfhq/Mark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.