[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

rsparkyc

20 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pri3dmr6y3qaziw/KKMoonImpactsaves.zip?dl=0

There ya go Mat. There is a save in there called Moon Impact Mission if you want to reload it from its current position. Ship Name is "Explorer Impactor" Over in the missions list you can see that the first two requirements are currently met. 

I don't understand Why, but this is what I found:

1. Fly in to moon at 1x time warp
    • Impact the moon becomes ticked
    • Launch a new vessel becomes un-ticked
  2. Time warp while in KSC
    • Probe flies through moon and in sling shot out of Earth's SOI
  3. Time warp while in Tracking Station
    • Same as 1.
  4. Fly in to moon at 1000x time warp
    • Game reverts to 10x just before impact
    • Big badda boom
    • Contract successful

2 minutes ago, MatBailie said:

I don't understand Why, but this is what I found:

1. Fly in to moon at 1x time warp
    • Impact the moon becomes ticked
    • Launch a new vessel becomes un-ticked
  2. Time warp while in KSC
    • Probe flies through moon and in sling shot out of Earth's SOI
  3. Time warp while in Tracking Station
    • Same as 1.
  4. Fly in to moon at 1000x time warp
    • Game reverts to 10x just before impact
    • Big badda boom
    • Contract successful

OK, fly into the Moon at 1000x it is. I can see I need to boost up the ole testing skills here in Kerbal land. Ive been slacking. lol Thanks for looking at that. If you figure out why it does that, that would be great and feel free to report that to the proper person, whoever that is. :)

Just now, Kevin Kyle said:

OK, fly into the Moon at 1000x it is. I can see I need to boost up the ole testing skills here in Kerbal land. Ive been slacking. lol Thanks for looking at that. If you figure out why it does that, that would be great and feel free to report that to the proper person, whoever that is. :)

It's because it is broked...

New release?

I was wondering whether there could be a new release of the main branch soon. - It is >200 committs ahead of the current release, and I am sure there are some great bugfixes in there.

I could imagine quite a few reasons why it shouldn't be release, but I am just wondering whether there actually is a problem or whether you are just waiting for the perfect.

Thanks!

Gustav

Btw, if anyone of you experiences massive performance issues with RP-0, try to disable the build time and launch your craft directly from the VAB.

My game speed was basically halved because of a KSP bug where performance gets worse when you launch a ship from the KSC (not sure about tracking station and swithcing).

SO how do you all deal with electric power consumption? Do you use the old calculator and do the math to figure out if you have enough electric or do you use one of the 2 addons for that? Same thing for communication distances, how do you deal with that as well? Currently Im just doing what the tutorials say and not worrying about such things but I can see I will have too sooner or later.

Hey, alot of Raidernicks probes , his Vostok and Voskhod pods, and all the FASA pods are not showing due to a bug in this mod. Once I removed RP all parts showed in VAB as required. I think there is a config in the RP blocking command pods. I havn'nt figured out which file was screwing around with the pods. It seems to be some conflict in the tech tree as I had to actually hand-type the pods name in the persistient save file where the tech tree is saved. RP was failing to include the pods to begin with. Placing the pods in the save file still yields no parts in VAB, but Ill leave that part up to you as I dont have time to fiddle around much. Cheers

8 hours ago, lextacy said:

Hey, alot of Raidernicks probes , his Vostok and Voskhod pods, and all the FASA pods are not showing due to a bug in this mod. Once I removed RP all parts showed in VAB as required. I think there is a config in the RP blocking command pods. I havn'nt figured out which file was screwing around with the pods. It seems to be some conflict in the tech tree as I had to actually hand-type the pods name in the persistient save file where the tech tree is saved. RP was failing to include the pods to begin with. Placing the pods in the save file still yields no parts in VAB, but Ill leave that part up to you as I dont have time to fiddle around much. Cheers

There is a conflict with AmpYear that breaks the loading of theses objects
Remove it and all pods and avionics should be available in the VAB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you deal with crew duration contracts? When I dock a manned craft to a litte station, then its mission time is added to that one of the crewed ship. This makes racing for new duration records too easy. Especially the later record steps cannot be fullfilled without docking to a station with life support.

On 1.12.2017 at 1:07 PM, JohnMcLane said:

Iam missing my Avionics/insufficiant avionics window in the VAB, maybe i closed it. How can i get it back. is there a key shortcut/bottun?

While building your ship you can find a white placeholder symbol (as it is seen in my game) in the button bar below, which opens a new window, where you you can click on "Avionics". It appears to me that there is no automated warning anymore when passing avionic limits.

Sometimes I do not see any window at all - maybe due to broken modded parts or mass limits.

On 20.12.2017 at 6:41 PM, New Horizons said:

While building your ship you can find a white placeholder symbol (as it is seen in my game) in the button bar below, which opens a new window, where you you can click on "Avionics". It appears to me that there is no automated warning anymore when passing avionic limits.

Sometimes I do not see any window at all - maybe due to broken modded parts or mass limits.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I only get a small cross when i click the white placeholder symbol in the VAB, but thats probably because i use KSP 1.3 and the master branch of RO, RP-0 and some compiled dlls. So nevermind i will keep using a calculator and keep track of it myself.

When I do not see my avionics status; then I dismantle my ship beginning from the finale stage. From there on I compare ship mass with summed up avionics capability. If this is enough I add the prior stage again and recalculate mass against avionics and so on. So I avoid to much avionics, too.

Hi guys,

not sure if it an issue or not but my VAB building has unlimited parts unlocked right from the start meaning there is zero reason to upgrade it? Is this correct or a bug? all the other buildings need upgrading its just the VAB

Edited by F1RacerDan

On 25/12/2017 at 8:47 PM, F1RacerDan said:

Hi guys,

not sure if it an issue or not but my VAB building has unlimited parts unlocked right from the start meaning there is zero reason to upgrade it? Is this correct or a bug? all the other buildings need upgrading its just the VAB

this is as designed. the reason to upgrade VAB in RP-0 is meant to be unlocking additional KCT assembly lines, and i think also improving the first one. (the better the VAB the more build points you get per upgrade point)

Edited by nanomage

Kerbal Construction Time is listed as a recommendation in this forum post for RP-0, but CKAN has it as a dependency. So does RP-0 work without KCT, or not at all? As a first time RO player I would like to get a feel for the career mode without the extra hassle of Test Flight and KCT. And test flight did get removed without issue, it was listed only as a recommendation.

3 minutes ago, scimas said:

Kerbal Construction Time is listed as a recommendation in this forum post for RP-0, but CKAN has it as a dependency. So does RP-0 work without KCT, or not at all? As a first time RO player I would like to get a feel for the career mode without the extra hassle of Test Flight and KCT. And test flight did get removed without issue, it was listed only as a recommendation.

RP-0 will definitely work without KCT.  The main effect of KCT is to make time a resource, rather than the default of instantaneous building/construction/research.  In practice, I've found that it causes me to spend more time at each effective tech level, rather than "skipping ahead" by researching multiple levels further into the tree and never using some of the intermediate items [especially engines].

Similarly with TestFlight, if random engine failures just isn't your thing, it's perfectly fine to play without.

22 minutes ago, scimas said:

You can still install KCT but it has ingame configuration that allows to disable it entirely or just parts of it.

2 hours ago, DRVeyl said:

Similarly with TestFlight, if random engine failures just isn't your thing, it's perfectly fine to play without.

Ignoring the Random failures, I do like that test flight introduces maximum burn times.  No burning a booster for 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, siimav said:

You can still install KCT but it has ingame configuration that allows to disable it entirely or just parts of it.

Oh, I did not know that, will check this out.

3 hours ago, DRVeyl said:

The main effect of KCT is to make time a resource, rather than the default of instantaneous building/construction/research.  In practice, I've found that it causes me to spend more time at each effective tech level

40 minutes ago, MatBailie said:

Ignoring the Random failures, I do like that test flight introduces maximum burn times.  No burning a booster for 15 minutes.

Yes, I have played RP0 a little with KCT and Test Flight. I like the concept of both of those mods in terms of realism, it's just that I don't want to bother about those things until I have got the hang of ship design for RSS scale, the million different fuels and similar number of parts. Sandbox mode is one solution, but then I get overwhelmed by the sheer number of parts available. So, good to know that the career mode is playable without those mods.

11 minutes ago, Techiastronamo said:

Would this work without procedural parts/B9 procedural wings, deadly reentry, and ven's stock part revamp? Those mods are incompatible with 1.2.2 regardless of game version and number of mods (or vanilla) and are crashing my game.

What leads you to conclude that they are incompatible?

I installed via CKAN and all of those mods were fine.

4 minutes ago, MatBailie said:

What leads you to conclude that they are incompatible?

I installed via CKAN and all of those mods were fine.

The game crashes on loading each one of those. I tried them in vanilla one by one and they didn't work either. Perhaps it's just my install, in which case I'm going to try a clean reinstall.

Edit: And yes, I did them via CKAN. And I just tested the game again and now SXT is causing problems and not any of the mods I listed...? I think my install is just messed up if everyone else can play just fine.

Edited by Techiastronamo

Having a weird bug with a certain mod not displaying all parts in career mode. I want to use the heavier legs in Kerbal Reusability Expansion and only the two smallest/lightest legs are showing up in career mode for me at all. The rest of the parts are not showing up in career, no matter what. In a Sandbox mode save, they do in fact show up as they should. This indicates to me it might be an issue with the tech tree? I don't know how to check. Here is a copy of my GameData folder. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, NeilC said:

According to one of the lovely devs on #RSS(Pap, I think?), RemoteTech "Coverage" is currently buggy and not working as intended. It may be that you've set up everything correctly, and it still won't work.

I had the same problem with the 4-sat network and 3 dishes+omnis on each sat. Each had 2 dishes pointed at neighbours, 1 dish at Earth. This should have done the trick, but my coverage never went above 20%.

Alt-F12 was my friend. I force-completed the contract and moved on with my space program.

Is this still a known bug? I had the same problem with the 4-satellite GEO comms network. I had all 4 birds up in their specified orbits phased 90 degrees apart and all connected to each other but only 40% coverage.

Edited by brooklyn666

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.