rsparkyc

[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

33 minutes ago, DC said:

Not a solution but if docking seems to cause the issue could you just rendezvous and EVA between the craft without docking and carry on that way ?

Problem was solved when I moved the save to a backup install on my laptop. I was able to complete the mission there.

Short Q: Is it worth to create a fresh install to run RP-1 on KSP 1.6.1 instead of still using 1.3.1? - I am especially interested in performance gains making the game run faster.

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Lilienthal said:

Short Q: Is it worth to create a fresh install to run RP-1 on KSP 1.6.1 instead of still using 1.3.1? - I am especially interested in performance gains making the game run faster.

Thanks!

On the discord the answer was: " Lemme give ya a resounding YA "

:)

A tiny bit off topic but I've been messing around with using RP-0 without Realism Overhaul, something I've been calling Less Real Than Real(ism).  It uses RSS with upsized and slightly adjusted stock parts, a subset of game play mods (Kerbal Construction Time, Kerbalism, etc) and a suitably hacked contract and tech tree. 

While still basically a prototype, it seems to work pretty well.  Progression matches the real world fairly well and I've been able to get it to model US, Soviet, and proposed/imagined missions in a 'less real' but still real-ish way.  This is definitely a light weight mod (by Realism/RP-0 standards anyway) with a much more 'Kerbal' feel; stock fuels, fewer parts, no procedural parts, etc.

I'm thinking of making it a real mod.  It's a big project to make it ready for prime time so I guess I'm just trying to gauge interest.  I would also want to get the blessing from the RP-0 devs since I would be stealing (with attribution of course!) a big chunk of their work.

So do you guys think there would be interest in something like this?

Is it possible to see what skyrockets Build Times and Launch Costs? I build a rocket which costs 423 funds and its Build Time is 925 d and 2341 Funds in Launch Costs - 5 times the actuall cost. I started a fresh game of RO/RP-1.

First of all your first rocket should be a simple WAC-Corporal with a build cost of 70-100 funds. Although I have to say that launch cost being almost 6x higher than the cost of the parts doesn't sound right at all. Might be something wrong with your install but there's not enough information to do better than guess. You do know about the tooling functionality in RP-1, right? If you haven't already then please also visit the wiki inside RP-1 GitHub repository. Recently a lot of content has been added that should be really helpful to a beginner.