Jump to content

[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, DC said:

Not a solution but if docking seems to cause the issue could you just rendezvous and EVA between the craft without docking and carry on that way ?

Problem was solved when I moved the save to a backup install on my laptop. I was able to complete the mission there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Lilienthal said:

Short Q: Is it worth to create a fresh install to run RP-1 on KSP 1.6.1 instead of still using 1.3.1? - I am especially interested in performance gains making the game run faster.

Thanks!

On the discord the answer was: " Lemme give ya a resounding YA "

:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

A tiny bit off topic but I've been messing around with using RP-0 without Realism Overhaul, something I've been calling Less Real Than Real(ism).  It uses RSS with upsized and slightly adjusted stock parts, a subset of game play mods (Kerbal Construction Time, Kerbalism, etc) and a suitably hacked contract and tech tree. 

While still basically a prototype, it seems to work pretty well.  Progression matches the real world fairly well and I've been able to get it to model US, Soviet, and proposed/imagined missions in a 'less real' but still real-ish way.  This is definitely a light weight mod (by Realism/RP-0 standards anyway) with a much more 'Kerbal' feel; stock fuels, fewer parts, no procedural parts, etc.

I'm thinking of making it a real mod.  It's a big project to make it ready for prime time so I guess I'm just trying to gauge interest.  I would also want to get the blessing from the RP-0 devs since I would be stealing (with attribution of course!) a big chunk of their work.

So do you guys think there would be interest in something like this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all your first rocket should be a simple WAC-Corporal with a build cost of 70-100 funds. Although I have to say that launch cost being almost 6x higher than the cost of the parts doesn't sound right at all. Might be something wrong with your install but there's not enough information to do better than guess. You do know about the tooling functionality in RP-1, right? If you haven't already then please also visit the wiki inside RP-1 GitHub repository. Recently a lot of content has been added that should be really helpful to a beginner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 9:12 PM, siimav said:

First of all your first rocket should be a simple WAC-Corporal with a build cost of 70-100 funds. Although I have to say that launch cost being almost 6x higher than the cost of the parts doesn't sound right at all. Might be something wrong with your install but there's not enough information to do better than guess. You do know about the tooling functionality in RP-1, right? If you haven't already then please also visit the wiki inside RP-1 GitHub repository. Recently a lot of content has been added that should be really helpful to a beginner.

Thank you. Something was not ok with KCT, now it looks much better.

Another topic: Does anyone of you already play with ROTanks? I wonder how to make large cylindrical tanks. As far as I tested, they only can be 1.5 times as high as wide (ignoring top or bottom modifications for now). In reality a shuttle tank is not made of several welded sections, isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else getting a weird game crash? When I click to research the 1956 era solids, ksp outright crashes.  Logs below, thank you for any help you can provide!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MAOzq60Aq73vhWKMpuHXCkgPWWcqgSQT/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CRFmHMclQ9pDKbB7_zkaLzVN7OScGsK6

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1duzq3P3hoAUpRbQZpMkljxKY7ircaIX5

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M09KVGq2vLbIIAO4KqQiu3n-ba_mn-pn

Edited by Xt007
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, I am quite new but I have combed through forums for about 3 days now looking for an answer and I am just stuck. 

I have KSP version 1.2.2 and I get everything up and running for RP-0 except that B9 aerospace crashes the game on startup. I have installed everything except B9 and it runs, once I put B9 into the GameData folder (either via CKAN or manually) the game crashes before reaching the main splash screen. 

I dont think my computer is the issue, its got 16 gigs of RAM, an RX 5700 GPU and a Ryzen 7 2700 3.7 CPU.

Unfortunately I am mobile right now so I cant post any log files, but I will do so as soon as I get home. 

Does anyone have a possible fix in the meantime?

Thanks for the help, this community is awesome. I can only hope that Ill be as knowledgeable about the game and space flight as you all. (I teach math for a living and I thought I was pretty good at it, but you all have me smoked in that department!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JMirabelle said:

Hey all, I am quite new but I have combed through forums for about 3 days now looking for an answer and I am just stuck. 

I have KSP version 1.2.2 and I get everything up and running for RP-0 except that B9 aerospace crashes the game on startup. I have installed everything except B9 and it runs, once I put B9 into the GameData folder (either via CKAN or manually) the game crashes before reaching the main splash screen. 

I dont think my computer is the issue, its got 16 gigs of RAM, an RX 5700 GPU and a Ryzen 7 2700 3.7 CPU.

Unfortunately I am mobile right now so I cant post any log files, but I will do so as soon as I get home. 

Does anyone have a possible fix in the meantime?

Thanks for the help, this community is awesome. I can only hope that Ill be as knowledgeable about the game and space flight as you all. (I teach math for a living and I thought I was pretty good at it, but you all have me smoked in that department!)

I believe the issue is that BP9 isn't supported for 1.2.2 unless you've found a working backport version

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xt007 said:

I believe the issue is that BP9 isn't supported for 1.2.2 unless you've found a working backport version

So, if I have this straight, then the first post here that recommends B9 aerospace is just flat out outdated? They recommended B9 but B9 has just been upgraded since and will not work with 1.2.2 anymore?

Also, I should mention that I also tried installing B9 through CKAN on other versions (1.3 and 1.7) and it crashed as well. I guess Ill just post the logs when I get home instead of just guessing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, I believe this thread is missing the big news (or did I miss something?):
RP-One 1.2 is out!! Works for 1.6.1 and 1.7.3. RP-1 has not been this recent for a long time.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/releases

Congrats and thanks to the great people contributing to this.

BTW: Shouldn't the OP be updated? @rsparkyc - Or do we  need a new threat?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

I've got a problem with Procedural Avionics Module when starting a RP-1-v1.2 career in KSP 1.7.3.

The Avionics module has no electrical charge at all. When you start a sandbox game instead, everything is working.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13797820/mmcacheksp-log.zip.html

Kind regards

Patsch

 

Edited by ThePatsch78
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Thanks for the notice, but i wonder why i downloaded 1.3.1 version.... Maybe i played 1.3.1?

The possibility that you might have a valid reason to use 1.3.1 was why i said you should probably be using 1.7.3.

If you really want to stay on 1.3.1 then you could download 7-zip.  https://www.7-zip.org/download.html .  That should be able to unpack the .zip.  But be aware that if you have other problems, you probably won't get any support from the RO/RP-1 devs beyond them saying use 1.7.3.  (I know that one of the RO devs has already said that the only supported version of RO atm is the version for 1.7.3).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AVaughan said:

(I know that one of the RO devs has already said that the only supported version of RO atm is the version for 1.7.3).

It is, and this new RP-1 thread is the current one, please ask for further help there:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...