[1.3] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Continued 6.7.0.0 - 24/06/17

LemonSkin

On 21/08/2017 at 9:57 PM, Death Engineering said:

Is this mod compatible with alternate planetary systems (ie Galileo ) ?

It looks like it will almost work. I found one hard-coded reference to Gilly (in StationMissions/StationCore) but other than that it should work with any planet pack although some of the values may not be balanced/sensible in alternate solar systems.

1 hour ago, computerFan said:

H I am having an issue and cannot find a solution. When I play it does not give me the contract to put crew on the station. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it does not work. What should I do?

You should read one page back in this topic and use search button.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I let you guys know this:

I ran into a problem, where the contract pack did not notice, that I already had solar Panels unlocked. My install is heavily modded (probaly most problematic: Stock Part Revamp), but, running through the mods I believed to be relevant, I could not find anything that would change the behaviour of this mod. I did not explicitely test it, though.

I fixed it by changing the StationCore.cfg as follows:

lines 262-265 are currently:

name = PartModuleUnlocked
   type = PartModuleUnlocked

partModule = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

I changed them to:

name = PartUnlocked
   type = PartUnlocked
   part = solarPanels5

This fixed the problem for me. Now the mod does not check if any slar panel is unlocked, but it specificly checks for the OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panel (the small, radially attached, not deployable one), which is usally the first one you get.

(Worth mentionning: ModuleDeployableSolarPanel includes ALL solar Panels.)

Edited by Bauboo
spelling

Yep. This also caused Problems with CleverSats. Thank you!

However this mod already has Kopernicus support. So it must have been something else.

Anyway, after reinstalling all mods it now works fine. I guess that's what you get for having ~50 mods installed...

I'm not sure if I've got an issue or if I'm just missing something. I just launched my Kerbin station core, I didn't add a lab or anything, and I didn't want to launch a Mun or Minmus station because of the problems I've read about so I didn't accept those contracts. They're just sitting there waiting to be accepted. But now I've completed my contract to launch the Kerbin core and nothing is happening after that. I thought there were supposed to be contracts to add power cores and labs and all the Station Science stuff but they haven't shown up. So I looked at the list of contracts under the Bases and Stations tab in Mission Control and for like the "Add a TH-NKR lab to a station" contract it says the condition for having a station WITHOUT a lab is unmet. But it should be met. I've never launched a TH-NKR lab. Ever. Is the mod just waiting for me to launch the Mun and Minmus stations also or what?

It is possible for the BasePopulation contract to target a Base that is already crewed or has no space (after applying Aelfhe1m's one line fix).  It can be fixed with more struts parentheses:

targetVessel1 = AllVessels().Where(v => ((v.VesselType() == Base && v.IsLanded()) || (v.VesselType() == Station)) && v.CrewCount()<1 && v.EmptyCrewSpace()>0).SelectUnique()

I also had a weird bug where the contract completed when I switched to the target vessel even though it was uncrewed.  It is repeatable so I can send a log if you tell me what log settings to use.  I have fixed it locally by removing the following line:

disableOnStateChange = true

I happened to see this fly by in the log window.

Spoiler

[ERR 09:44:30.432] ContractConfigurator.HasCrewFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'BasePopulation', PARAMETER 'HasCrew' of type 'HasCrew': A validation error occured while loading the key 'maxCrew' with value '0'.

[EXC 09:44:30.433] ArgumentException: Must be greater than or equal to 1
    ContractConfigurator.Validation.GE[Int32] (Int32 val, Int32 referenceValue)
    ContractConfigurator.HasCrewFactory.<Load>b__7_8 (Int32 x)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[Int32] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, Int32 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Int32, Func`2)
    ContractConfigurator.HasCrewFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
    ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractTypeConfig>d__29:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.<FinalizeContractTypeLoad>d__28:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

At the end of BasePopulation.log, I found this:

Output log:
[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'BasePopulation'
[WARNING] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'BasePopulation'

And, tracked it to BasePopulation.cfg @ 

ln 68              maxCrew = @/CrewSpace

Is this an expected exception?

29 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

I happened to see this fly by in the log window.

Reveal hidden contents

[ERR 09:44:30.432] ContractConfigurator.HasCrewFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'BasePopulation', PARAMETER 'HasCrew' of type 'HasCrew': A validation error occured while loading the key 'maxCrew' with value '0'.

[EXC 09:44:30.433] ArgumentException: Must be greater than or equal to 1
    ContractConfigurator.Validation.GE[Int32] (Int32 val, Int32 referenceValue)
    ContractConfigurator.HasCrewFactory.<Load>b__7_8 (Int32 x)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[Int32] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, Int32 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Int32, Func`2)
    ContractConfigurator.HasCrewFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
    ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractTypeConfig>d__29:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.<FinalizeContractTypeLoad>d__28:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

At the end of BasePopulation.log, I found this:

Output log:
[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'BasePopulation'
[WARNING] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'BasePopulation'

And, tracked it to BasePopulation.cfg @ 

ln 68              maxCrew = @/CrewSpace

Is this an expected exception?

Known issue. See:

and

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully a quick and easy one - could someone quickly explain to me the requirements to start getting station contracts?

As far as I can see from the contracts screen there is a requirement for a curved solar panel to be unlocked - which one is this (if it's a specific one?)

It's not a huge deal, if anything it's probably just the way I've gone about unlocking the tech tree (community tech tree) just seemed a bit odd to me that I'm at the point of being offered various build and expand moon base missions before having a station.

4 hours ago, Das_Sheep said:

Hopefully a quick and easy one - could someone quickly explain to me the requirements to start getting station contracts?

As far as I can see from the contracts screen there is a requirement for a curved solar panel to be unlocked - which one is this (if it's a specific one?)

It's not a huge deal, if anything it's probably just the way I've gone about unlocking the tech tree (community tech tree) just seemed a bit odd to me that I'm at the point of being offered various build and expand moon base missions before having a station.

The "Launch a New Space Station" contract has the following three requirements which must all be met before it will generate:

• unlock any part with a docking port module
  • unlock any part with deployable solar panel module, curved solar panel module or Kopernicus solar panel module
  • unlock the PPD-10 Hitchhiker Storage Container

Back with another question:

Say I've got a base "Munar Expeditionary Base",  which is named in contracts, and I plan on swapping out the original base section (a hodgepodge of MKS bits and basic lander). Will the remaining base still be recognised as the same name? Basically it's because I hate the main section, it's ugly as sin, horribly inefficient and severely lacking in a number of aspects and I've now opened up enough of the tech tree and made enough cash to combine two of the "expand the base" contracts into a rather nice replacement/upgrade lab & habitation unit.

Oh, I should probably add - the ugly hodgepodge bit is the bit that was used to create the initial base and fulfil the create Mun base contract.

Edited by Das_Sheep
Missed some information out

1 hour ago, Das_Sheep said:

Back with another question:

Say I've got a base "Munar Expeditionary Base",  which is named in contracts, and I plan on swapping out the original base section (a hodgepodge of MKS bits and basic lander). Will the remaining base still be recognised as the same name? Basically it's because I hate the main section, it's ugly as sin, horribly inefficient and severely lacking in a number of aspects and I've now opened up enough of the tech tree and made enough cash to combine two of the "expand the base" contracts into a rather nice replacement/upgrade lab & habitation unit.

Oh, I should probably add - the ugly hodgepodge bit is the bit that was used to create the initial base and fulfil the create Mun base contract.

The answer to that is a complicated 'maybe-probably not'.   KSP does try to keep track of what the pieces are of a series of docked ships, and will try to keep them having the same names if you undock them later, which would mean 'no', if that's the original section.  However, having multiple pieces docked for long periods has been known to mess this up, which would mean 'could happen'.  It depends a bit on how the ship was re-rooted internally when things have been docked, I believe...

So: I would expect not.

Right oh, cheers. If I do end up with that happening it'll just start offering me new survery/rover/base missions wont it? He says in no way using that as an excuse to bin this base and start again with the Ranger modules from MKS rather than something that would make even a Belter a bit queasy.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange issue to report.

The mod stopped giving me contracts! I took three station building contracts. I fullfilled one in minmus and another one at the mun. I cancelled midway the third,  for a station around kerbin. I actually built it,  but it was in a too high orbit so I decided to keep the station and forfeit the contract.

Ever since,  no other contract was made available! 

In the "met/unmet" criteria,  there is also an unmet criteria named "RGN must be happy with you"  or something like that. What gives?

Finally,  though I can see all greyed-out contracts,  the one to send a new crew to a station completelly disapeared.

Edited by Daniel Prates