[1.3] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Continued 6.7.0.0 - 24/06/17

LemonSkin

On 30/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, captinjoehenry said:

I love this mod but since I started using Galileo's Planet Pack i don't get any space station launch contracts.  I get scout for a base contracts but no space station launch contracts. 

The problem is the line:

20 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

maxAltitude = @/targetBody1.IsSun() ? 113549713200 : @/targetBody1 == Gilly ? 16000 : @/targetBody1.SpaceAltitudeThreshold()

If you change it to:

maxAltitude = @/targetBody1.IsSun() ? 113549713200 : @/targetBody1.Name() == "Gilly" ? 16000 : @/targetBody1.SpaceAltitudeThreshold()

then it should work with any planet pack although some of the offered contracts may have maxAltitudes that are too low to be completed if there are bodies similar to Gilly that have surface features that extend above the "in space low" threshold.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I looked through some of the previous pages on this thread and I didn't see anything regarding this issue.  I previously completed two station contracts, one for Kerbin and another for Minmus.  It won't give me another station contract though.  I want to build a station orbiting the Mun.  It says "Target Body must not be Sun: Unmet"  I'll post a screenshot.  I looked through the files (I have absolutely zero experience modding/coding, etc, so I don't know what to do.)  I figured the these lines from StationCore CFG file were the ones I need to mess with to fix this, but I don't know what to change.

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = SunCheck
        type = Expression
        expression = !@/targetBody1.IsSun()
        title = Target body must not be the Sun

Here is the screenshot.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142578722/screenshot/876375900179134473

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am running 1.3, not 1.3.1. 

Edited by Fishfan

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 9:59 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Strange issue to report.

The mod stopped giving me contracts! I took three station building contracts. I fullfilled one in minmus and another one at the mun. I cancelled midway the third,  for a station around kerbin. I actually built it,  but it was in a too high orbit so I decided to keep the station and forfeit the contract.

Ever since,  no other contract was made available! 

In the "met/unmet" criteria,  there is also an unmet criteria named "RGN must be happy with you"  or something like that. What gives?

Finally,  though I can see all greyed-out contracts,  the one to send a new crew to a station completelly disapeared.

I have the same problem with not getting the send new crew to station mission, I had to fix it with the fixes in this post and this post .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

RFE: Can you please add a section in BaseCreate.cfg that will recognize USI's ranger nuclear pack as a valid generator?  It just needs a section in with the other power modules.  There are some entries for NearFutureSolar - guessing something along those lines referencing USI power modules would work.  I don't understand the syntax well enough to explain it better than that, but I'm guessing it should be an easy(?) add.  I think a lot of players would appreciate this since we like to use pioneer modules for bases and attaching the little nuclear power pack is a great starter kit for power.

If you have time and it isn't too much trouble... :) 

1 hour ago, mjl1966 said:

RFE: Can you please add a section in BaseCreate.cfg that will recognize USI's ranger nuclear pack as a valid generator?  It just needs a section in with the other power modules.  There are some entries for NearFutureSolar - guessing something along those lines referencing USI power modules would work.  I don't understand the syntax well enough to explain it better than that, but I'm guessing it should be an easy(?) add.  I think a lot of players would appreciate this since we like to use pioneer modules for bases and attaching the little nuclear power pack is a great starter kit for power.

If you have time and it isn't too much trouble... :) 

I can't test this as I'm at work, but I suspect you need to enter something like this:

PARAMETER:NEEDS[ReactorPack]
{
	name = PartValidationUSIReactorPack
	type = PartValidation
	FILTER
	{
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleResourceConverter

INPUT_RESOURCE
			{
				ResourceName = EnrichedUranium
			}
			OUTPUT_RESOURCE
			{
				ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			}
		}	
	}
}

If you try and insert that on a new line after line 156 in BaseCreate.cfg this should (in theory) do what you're asking. If this works let me know and I'll submit this as a PR on github for @LemonSkin to check.

@mjl1966 You can also try and add in this as well, which will include the Ranger Power Pack from MKS:

PARAMETER:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	name = PartValidationMKSPowerPack
	type = PartValidation
	FILTER
	{
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI

INPUT_RESOURCE
			{
				ResourceName = Plutonium-238
			}
			OUTPUT_RESOURCE
			{
				ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			}
		}	
	}
}

• 4 weeks later...

Love the mod, but currently stumped! Started a game with Stock Size Real Solar System and I'm simply not getting any contracts at all, I've landed on the Moon several times and unlocked all relevant technologies yet I've yet to see a single contract pop up from the pack. What gives?

EDIT: Hovering over Scan For Suitable Location says "Must have between 0% and 80% high resolution altimetry of the Moon: Unmet" even though I do have 0%

Edited by Corts

On 3/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, Corts said:

Love the mod, but currently stumped! Started a game with Stock Size Real Solar System and I'm simply not getting any contracts at all, I've landed on the Moon several times and unlocked all relevant technologies yet I've yet to see a single contract pop up from the pack. What gives?

EDIT: Hovering over Scan For Suitable Location says "Must have between 0% and 80% high resolution altimetry of the Moon: Unmet" even though I do have 0%

If you're running KSP 1.3.1 and SCANSat 1.8.4 then there's a bug in this version to do with how it calculates the scanned percentages. If you open up BaseScan.cfg in the contract pack files and find where it says:

REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[SCANsat]
{
    name = SCANsatCoverage
    type = SCANsatCoverage
	maxCoverage = 80.0
	scanType = AltimetryHiRes
}

And above where it says maxCoverage = 80.0 add in minCoverage = -1.0 this should then ensure the mission is available. 

EDIT: Also I've found when using planet packs I need to remove the reference to Gilly in the StationCore.cfg file as well otherwise this mission doesn't appear either.

Edited by Pleb

• 2 weeks later...

So, I"m having problems getting all these missions to load up. I'm running 1.3.1 with contract configurator 1.23.3 without any other mods or contract packs.

This contract pack only loads 16 of 19 missions. One of the missions can be fixed with Aelfhe1m one line fix above. But the other missions throw an exception "unknown identifier '@/targetBody1'".

• 3 weeks later...

It surprised me that I wasn't getting any rover base missions. 

My reading of BaseRover.cfg tells me that since I have SCANsat install I need to have done a Hi-Res altimetry scan of the body before I can receive rover missions. This requires that I unlock a 550 science tier.  In the stock game I would only have to unlock the M700 which is 300 science.  I am going to try to change it to only require a low res scan for my personal copy.   It seems to me that exploring if a low res flat zone is actually safe to set up is actually a good  use for for a rover.

Does the way it is setup by default make more sense to other people?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using this mod in 1.4 (I know, not technically supported), it seems like everything is working except the detection of unlocked solar panels. In all the contracts it says "Must have part unlocked with deployable solar panel: Unmet". Is there a simple way to address this, or will the mod need a large update for 1.4?

• 2 weeks later...

I've made an unofficial version for myself.  It merges in some fixes, and I also added a fix for bug where no station contracts are presented in Galilo's Planet Pack, and any other planet pack which totally removes Gilly.

You can get it from here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KerbinSpaceStation/releases

Edit:  I'm using this in 1.4.3 with GPP

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...