KSP shop on Shapeways is MIA

GeneCash

Here's a more pointed question. Are the licences for the figurines still owned by Squad / T2 or where they not included in the sale of KSP?

I'd understand the delay if there was legal issues / ownership of the model asset itself... Otherwise, it's kinda hard to understand why they don't just flick the switch back on over at the-3d-printing-place-that-shall-not-be-named.

7 hours ago, TheRealBamse said:

@wile1411

I think the fact that this is a problem at all would suggest all of Squads KSP activities (including licenses) have been transferred to T2. Otherwise, this wouldn't have been a problem I guess. 

This actually happened a while before the T2 takeover

On 3/12/2018 at 7:40 PM, GeneCash said:

What's interesting is recently I got a Shapeways email about their color printing, and one of the example objects is a Jeb figure

https://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/36940-best-tutorial-tuesday-full-color-printing-character-models.html

Interesting.  I cannot unsee the Albert Einstein figurine they show as an example, here:sealed:

Edited by klesh

2 hours ago, TheRealBamse said:

Interesting! Are you sure? 

Talking to @RudyLime from ShapeWays very much indicated that it was a T2 related issue.

It may have been done as a result of the talks, or it may currently be a T2 issue, but ask him when it stopped, or better yet, look back in this thread to see when t stopped, and then check the take-over date

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, It doesn't seem like T2 is going to restart the KSP Shapeways shop. <_<
It's been well over a year now, so it's probably unlikely the figurines will be available again. 

@RudyLime hasn't provided any further apart from a relaunch is up to T2. So it has probably stalled out completely.

Edited by TheRealBamse

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KerbalInPeace said:

So sad we arrive too late...

Not me! I have the entire line of Shapeways figures except for Val and the planets. It was when I went back to buy Val that I found out they were all gone.

(That should be the name of my new rock band: Val and the planets)

However, I think it's really strange they find it so difficult to sell us stuff...

On 9/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, GeneCash said:

(That should be the name of my new rock band: Val and the planets)

Fer sure!!!

On 9/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, GeneCash said:

However, I think it's really strange they find it so difficult to sell us stuff...

Apparently they don't want our money that badly? They're just waiting to grab it all at once when KSP2 drops...

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, GeneCash said:

Its super strange, especially with all the merch available for other Take Two Interactive games.

Fans are now making their own lines of KSP clothing, lol:

P99CruZ.jpg

I'm an old guy who doesn't buy videogame merch, but that I would totally buy.  ^

9 hours ago, klesh said:

Fans are now making their own lines of KSP clothing, lol:

P99CruZ.jpg

I'm an old guy who doesn't buy videogame merch, but that I would totally buy.  ^

That's actually a pretty creative design!

Speaking of which, I remember someone did a Cafe Press shirt with PROGRADE on the front and RETROGRADE on the back, with the respective maneuver node symbols. I thought that was amusing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 10:23 AM, klesh said:

Fans are now making their own lines of KSP clothing

They're diversifying into jewelry as well:

mB7wu8W.jpg

Its obvious there is interest in these sorts of items.  I wonder what the hold up is?

3 hours ago, klesh said:

I wonder what the hold up is?

I do not know why they make it so difficult to give them money, especially when there's very little opportunity to make profit from me software-wise.

I bought a motorcycle last week, and they made it extremely easy to give them my money.

Ah well. I'm preaching to the choir here anyway.

• 3 months later...

So we now have an official merch link on the game's main menu. It takes you to the store page on Private Division's webpage.  Unfortunately, there are no shapeways figurines on offer.

Its basically 3 t-shirts and a flag.  Unfortunately they all seem to sport the KSP2 redesign of the classic KSP logo.

However, it does look like Shapeways is involved in selling some potentially bootleg, copyright infringing items here and here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.