KSP shop on Shapeways is MIA

GeneCash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7.3.2018 at 4:06 PM, TheRealBamse said:

@Li0n

It sucks that I missed the chance the first time... ;.;

Oh yes. In the last time i have experienced this situation in many cases: As it was available, i haven't bought it. As i wanted to buy it, it wasn't available.

One of the cases is another game on steam": I had a long time the chance to buy it, but i didn't. Now where i wanted to buy it, it isn't available because a dmca-filing.

Same at Kerbal Shapeways: I had a long time the chance to buy them, but i waited for ... ehm ... good question, for what i have waited for? Are i am Nut? :/

I wanted to buy Valentina, Bob, one of my Ships and a few Planets. Now i have to wait very long ;.;

I can only draw from this situations the following lesson: Buy something as long as it is available, you never know when the availability ends.

My hope is that Take2 brings it back soon for more:funds: :wink:

57 minutes ago, Nexis said:

... I wanted to buy Valentina, Bob, one of my Ships and a few Planets. ...

Actually, if you could recreate the 3D model outside, you can just submit them to Shapeways itself. Though I'm not sure the legals on that.

Or, is anyone in the community up for 3D-printing and packaging stuff from other fellows ?

1 minute ago, YNM said:

Actually, if you could recreate the 3D model outside, you can just submit them to Shapeways itself. Though I'm not sure the legals on that.

I'm pretty sure of the legality of that, and it's a definite NOPE as that's Squad's/Take2's IP.

Besides, I want the money to go to Squad. If they sell the figure, they deserve it.

Seriously though, this is pretty much close to free money for them. Once the licensing is done, Shapeways does all the heavy lifting.

As a cog in a corporate machine myself, this is what happens when you go from indie to corporate though.

14 minutes ago, YNM said:

Or, is anyone in the community up for 3D-printing and packaging stuff from other fellows ?

I believe it would not be legal and would violate against Take2's and/or Squad's copyright. Not to mention that it would not support the Developers.

But thank you for trying to comfort me :)

Edited by Nexis

• 2 weeks later...

I have a full set of the Kerbals, except for poor Valentina... I'll sell 'em for $1,000 apiece.

Actually, since the forum members are such good guys, I'll let you have them for $500 apiece. :wink:

Well, except for Gene Kerbal... he's near & dear to my heart because of the name!

On 27-3-2018 at 1:57 AM, klesh said:

Your community is apparently not waiting for you, and is making their own 3-D printed figurines.

gtCwJUB.jpg

Saw this on reddit.

I can't blame them for not waiting any longer. Six months and no progress? Come on!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a mouse pad. And a bumper sticker. They used to have those. I do have 3 of the KSP bumper stickers still. My t-shirts finally died. I had the t-shirt of the 3 guys standing there. I think they had baseball caps too, but I'm not sure.

Someone in another thread mentioned patches, like for making it to Duna or Eeloo. And pins, like of Jeb, or the planets, or maybe a Kerbal X, or the rising-rocket logo. I'd love to have those.

Edit: I have an absolute ton of SpaceX/NASA/Boeing mission pins & patches, so obviously I'd buy 'em.

Edited by GeneCash

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.