A little turn based "war" idea in ksp... All stock, looking for people

Should I make this a youtube series?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make this a youtube series?

• Yes
    • No
    • bread

Well, I`m bored, school is about to be let out, etc. Sooooo, I wanted to do something interesting while waiting for school to end/during summer break. (yes, I know this is overdone) But, i`m thinking of having a (as in the title) turn based war in ksp, so, i`m kind of aiming for a game layout like risk, with a deployment phase, movement phase, and attack phase (not in that order). Each person will have a "space dock" at a randomly selected planet/planetiod/moon, each space dock will allow each player a certain amount of ships (ex. 5 fighters, or one light frigate). As you capture other player`s space docks, you will be able to move you own to a more strategic/better location. Weapon designs won't be limited, as long as they aren`t cheaty, use hacks, or modded. More ideas for rules coming soon, please let me know if you are interested!

Sounds fun. I have diddly in stock warfare experience, but it sounds fun. I'd be interested in participating all the same cause why not. One question: is Kerbal Engineer okay? All it does is add displays for deltaV and whatnot, doesn't add parts or autopilots, and won't mess with save or craft files.

4 hours ago, FokkerAce said:

Well, I`m bored, school is about to be let out, etc. Sooooo, I wanted to do something interesting while waiting for school to end/during summer break. (yes, I know this is overdone) But, i`m thinking of having a (as in the title) turn based war in ksp, so, i`m kind of aiming for a game layout like risk, with a deployment phase, movement phase, and attack phase (not in that order). Each person will have a "space dock" at a randomly selected planet/planetiod/moon, each space dock will allow each player a certain amount of ships (ex. 5 fighters, or one light frigate). As you capture other player`s space docks, you will be able to move you own to a more strategic/better location. Weapon designs won't be limited, as long as they aren`t cheaty, use hacks, or modded. More ideas for rules coming soon, please let me know if you are interested!

Neat idea. Yeah I'm interested

Alright, further rules shall come soon!

10 hours ago, FungusForge said:

Sounds fun. I have diddly in stock warfare experience, but it sounds fun. I'd be interested in participating all the same cause why not. One question: is Kerbal Engineer okay? All it does is add displays for deltaV and whatnot, doesn't add parts or autopilots, and won't mess with save or craft files.

Yep, kerbal engineer is great! (there are also some visual mods too)

See naval battle club: 

I would highly recommend basing your rules off the leagues, they are tried and tested many times. Also, I'm assuming that it would work off persistent file swapping? But I'm game if this happens. I have several space warships already built.

qk6OJ8I.png

Enemy ships can't withstand firepower of that magnitude. :D

yjjzon5.jpg

Edited by MiffedStarfish

4 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Can I use spacedocks of my own design? Because the one I'm thinking of has a anti-fighter turret.

yes, that's actually a great idea, to add some interest in the space docks

lol, bread has the most votes.... interesting

Edited by FokkerAce

Final exams, sucks to be you guys. I've been out of school since the 31st.

No BDArmory? That sucks, how are you supposed to make decent sized missiles? No plane in the universe can lift off with 2 1.25m SRBs. And sepratrons are too weak... well I guess that means kamikaze missions 100%. Anyway I'm in

1 hour ago, memes in space said:

Final exams, sucks to be you guys. I've been out of school since the 31st.

No BDArmory? That sucks, how are you supposed to make decent sized missiles? No plane in the universe can lift off with 2 1.25m SRBs. And sepratrons are too weak... well I guess that means kamikaze missions 100%. Anyway I'm in

Macey dean has some pretty solid missile designs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.