How to make a Kraken Drive?

I'm wondering how to construct a Kraken Drive, or a glitch device to harness physics bugs to generate a nonzero force on a vessel. It must be small enough to fit somewhat-comfortably in a (closed) Mk2 long cargo bay. I'm really looking for a rough tutorial than a prebuilt thing. Also, don't link me to the wiki page about it, it didn't help at all

21 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

I'm wondering how to construct a Kraken Drive, or a glitch device to harness physics bugs to generate a nonzero force on a vessel. It must be small enough to fit somewhat-comfortably in a (closed) Mk2 long cargo bay. I'm really looking for a rough tutorial than a prebuilt thing. Also, don't link me to the wiki page about it, it didn't help at all

K-Drives stopped working after 1.1 was released since that also caused problems with other builds like 3-wheelers.

Although the Leg-powered motor was used by someone here on his helicopter, try using it for propellers.

Edited by Joseph Kerman

1 hour ago, Joseph Kerman said:

K-Drives stopped working after 1.1 was released since that also caused problems with other builds like 3-wheelers.

Although the Leg-powered motor was used by someone here on his helicopter, try using it for propellers.

Its a really finicky technology though compared to simple reaction wheel motors. After Kraken drives stopped being a thing I don't know what non-atmospheric phantom force propulsion still exists.  

7 hours ago, Jon144 said:

Its a really finicky technology though compared to simple reaction wheel motors. After Kraken drives stopped being a thing I don't know what non-atmospheric phantom force propulsion still exists.  

What about atmospheric?

• 4 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 1:21 AM, Jon144 said:

I have console, so I still get phantom drives! :cool: I will find ways after the update to harness the power of the kraken in... more interesting ways.

Previously you used to be able to have landing legs pushing against the craft. However, they fixed that, and now you have to have legs pushing on a craft pushing on the original craft... And now K-drives can't be reused easily because the legs glitch out and don't work after a while.

Well, not really cancel velocity, but here's a craft that uses some glitch (I think it's the antenna clipping) to spin uncontrollably. Instructions:

1. launch vessel.

2. Stage

3. turn SAS on and then back off.

4. You can't do anything but wait.

I've got a Kraken drive that I can use to get into space.  It worked in V1.2.2 I haven't had a chance to test it in V1.3 yet...

- Jett

Edit:  I just tested it and it still works in the latest version of the game.

Edited by Jett_Quasar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.