[WIP][1.8.1, 1.9.1, 1.10.1, 1.11.0–2, 1.12.2–5] Principia—version ‎Καραθεοδωρή, released 2024-04-08—n-Body and Extended Body Gravitation

eggrobin

4 hours ago, SergeantSnickers said:

Everytime I play this mod it makes me love it even more! 

I was thinking about doing a career paly with Principia but am a bit concerned about the performance. Does anybody of you has experience playing Principia with multiple vessels in orbit?

And for the people still interested in some Video footage, I just put a probe in the crazy looking Minimus L5 point: Check it out!

I would not really consider the current release stable enough (an use-after-free was still in there, and forgetting of histories is broken so saves quickly get unmanageably big). Fortunately, Буняковский should come out soon-ish (targeting 1.1).

Nice demonstration of launching into a target plane there! :)

On 4/9/2016 at 8:05 AM, Neo63 said:

Sweet ligatures in your documentation :D

Thanks! :)

Do you know of any implementations that have different adaptive time steps for each object? 

Prasenjit Saha and Scott Tremaine, Long-term planetary integration with individual time steps, The Astronomical Journal, 1994.

Also on arXiv.org.

Edited by eggrobin

12 hours ago, AlmostNASA said:

Can we just have a download on spacedock or CKAN?

42 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

No, unless you would prefer that eggrobin stops maintaining his mod and maintains his user base and his copy and paste buttons, as 50% of the posts would be related to installing the wrong version for the respective OS and the other 50% would be related to not having the respective C++ libs installed.

Instead of that, fellow users have to maintain their copy and paste buttons, because people REFUSE to read a thread before posting sensible questions like that, and egg spends his time developing the mod, and taking care of the real issues on IRC. I prefer that solution.

And besides, the mod still isn't meant for public use. Because eggrobin is still developing the mod he needs to minimize troubleshooting and gain a dedicated user base and a smaller amount of users is the best way to do that.

On 16/04/2016 at 9:58 PM, viktor19 said:

Is there a way to adapt flight planner's maneuver nodes to stock KSP? 

They would be very useful for low TWR vessels..

Install Principia on stock KSP?

• 2 weeks later...

@eggrobin I''ve just found out about this mod and I'm amazed at it's current state. Now, looking at mods like Persistent Rotation and Orbital Decay, what got me into those mods was how simple they were to use, with station keeping being reduced to a simple usage of resources. 

I'm wondering, is it possible to include such a system in this mod as well? If a craft has resources and available TWR to correct itself automatically to its current orbit or correct the orbit to what the stock "patched conics" show us? The beauty of this is that you could thus "freeze" calculation for these crafts and simply check once per orbit the required dV for correction.

Hi, and thank you for this awesome mod. I've installed Буняковский onto otherwise clean(ed) 1.1.2 install and the plugin is working nicely, as far as I can see from tracking station. However, Jool system is still in the unstable resonance for me, with Vall being ejected  very soon and Bop being sent to a highly eccentric orbit.

Should I download some other package that I missed or do a manual config edit to implement retrobop and break the resonance of the inner system?

Alternatively, is there a way to tell KSP that Vall is a proper dwarf planet now and needs to be drawn as such in the tracking station?:D  

35 minutes ago, nanomage said:

Hi, and thank you for this awesome mod. I've installed Буняковский onto otherwise clean(ed) 1.1.2 install and the plugin is working nicely, as far as I can see from tracking station. However, Jool system is still in the unstable resonance for me, with Vall being ejected  very soon and Bop being sent to a highly eccentric orbit.

Should I download some other package that I missed or do a manual config edit to implement retrobop and break the resonance of the inner system?

Alternatively, is there a way to tell KSP that Vall is a proper dwarf planet now and needs to be drawn as such in the tracking station?:D  

It appears that something broke in the stock Jool system detection; we'll release a hotfix today.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:42 PM, nanomage said:

The hotfix for this is out; just go back to the IRC channel to get the latest build.

Note that games started with pre-hotfix Буняковский will not be fixed, however if you start a new game things should be fine (games started with a pre-Буняковский version should be fine too).

Edited by eggrobin

On 12.5.2016 at 9:12 PM, NathanKell said:

@nablabla: That's like asking if there's a mode in FAR where only some vessels get real aerodynamics. >.>

I realize that, but when all the planets spin out of their orbit, is it not a bit odd? I mean, if they are stable for say 100 or 1000 years, ok, but if not, I would like to have that option for obvious reasons, you cannot model everything perfectly realistic, and for all I know (and I know very little) its very hard to design a system which is stable for indefinite time, so why just not trying it? The interesting and important part is that the vessels behave like in reality, plus saves computation time.

@nablabla if you read the thread--I think it might even be in the OP somewhere, but else @eggrobin discussed it elsewhere--you'll find that it is in fact very very _hard_ to mix n match like that, and does not lead to consistent results either. It's a non-starter. Also I suggest you actually try the mod before assuming planets spin out of their orbits. :P

25 minutes ago, FélixBachiller said:

Hello,

I absolutely love this mod. Since I discovered it, I can't play KSP without it!! But I have a problem: when I try to play it with RSS the game crashes after selecting the game while loading. I have the lastest release and KSP 1.1.2.

My RSS Installation works fine with Principia. and of course loving it.