[WIP][1.8.1, 1.9.1, 1.10.1, 1.11.0–2, 1.12.2–5] Principia—version ‎Канторович, released 2024-03-09—n-Body and Extended Body Gravitation

eggrobin

On 9/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, mhoram said:

This picture below shows my problem. Initially, the parts (stock + USI-mods) were all aligned to each other, but over time they diverged more and more.

You might try KSP Community Fixes 

Spoiler
  • PackedPartsRotation [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix part rotations not being reset to their pristine value when a non-landed vessel is packed, resulting in permanent part rotation drift when docking and other minor/cosmetic issues.
  • PartStartStability [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix vessel deformation and kraken events on flight scene load, also prevent some kraken issues when placing parts with EVA construction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today, I updated version 12.4. I found that after Principia was installed and all files were loaded, ksp was automatically closed. This MOD is the second most important MOD for me except RSS. I use translation software because my English is poor. I don't know if you can understand it

Edited by chankloong

On 11/3/2022 at 11:33 AM, chankloong said:

Today, I updated version 12.4. I found that after Principia was installed and all files were loaded, ksp was automatically closed. This MOD is the second most important MOD for me except RSS. I use translation software because my English is poor. I don't know if you can understand it

There is a mechanism to override the version check.  No support if you do this.

10 minutes ago, chankloong said:

这对我来说太复杂了,无法理解

“This is too complicated for me to understand”

Please include an English translation outside of the international section.    Google translate will suffice.   
请在国际部分之外附上英文翻译。 谷歌翻译就足够了。

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

“这太复杂了,我无法理解”

请在国际部分之外附上英文翻译。谷歌翻译就足够了。
请在国际部分之外附上英文翻译。谷歌翻译就足够了。

There is a problem with the browser's Chinese translation. All English has been automatically translated into Chinese by the browser. I need to turn it off to be normal

On 10/10/2022 at 12:35 PM, pleroy said:

Please follow the instruction in the FAQs for reporting bugs.  The KSP.log file is generally useless.

Wot?... I could say the same about the Player.log :lol:

KSP.log seems to be moar useful for troubleshooting stuff happening at game load, ModuleManager stuff, part compiling issues (models/textures/cfg problems), and other stuff...

Player.log may have this stuff, idk... its much harder to understand if you dont seem to be a coder... I know this log seems much moar useful for troubleshooting plugin mods, and stuff happening in-game, *after* loading...

I would not say either is worthless... each seems to be quite useful, depending on the type of mod, and moar specifically, the type/timeline of the issue you're looking at.

Just to cover all bases when posting bug reports, its prolly best to provide *both* logs... Some devs *do* prefer one over the other, but seems easier to provide both from the start.... vOv

But yes, I can see in the case of Principia, (basically a plugin mod), and most of its "stuff" happens *after* loading/in-game, I can see where Player.log is moar prefereable in this case...

So I guess I'm just saying you should maybe have clarified you statement, "...*in the case of Principia*, KSP.log is generally worthless..." :P

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, VladTonk said:

Hello. There was an error when changing soi of kerbin to soi of sun. Ship explode. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Q_JWoVpakCkbA8CU7dJxIzOwiHlkuzm/view?usp=sharing

Here is more detailed video and glog folder. I'm not sure if I enabled logging correctly. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AsR-Wz006NhkfUBIceCq2Hm1Z7MGfwdd/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_INJ0CnTHkDPA8UzyzQwFcpR2P7hvIP5/view?usp=sharing

13 hours ago, VladTonk said:

Thanks for reporting.  I created issue #3473 to track this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I´m having the issues described on #3219 when tryng to land on an asteroid, the ship (or kerbal)  pass through the surface of the object and then the game crash.

KSp 1.12.3, RSS and Kopernicus updated to last versions through Ckan, principia version is l’Hôpital.

The only reference I found on the glog folder was this one:

@   00007FF88B9B443F      google::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal [0x00007FF88B9B443E+46]
    @   00007FF8627B0E12      principia__VesselVelocity [0x00007FF8627B0E11+1211505]
    @   00007FF862659824      principia__ReportPartCollision [0x00007FF862659823+387]
    @   00000282D5F3F3F6      (No symbol) [0x00000282D5F3F3F5]
F1227 18:06:37.667912 18476 plugin.cpp:572] Check failed: v2.WillKeepPart(part2) PotatoRoid (31936F5E) will vanish

https://github.com/mockingbirdnest/Principia/issues/3219

#3219 was considered fixed but it seems it is not.

Edited by Makrom
more data

• 3 weeks later...

I probably found a bug that no one would ever find with Principia because you shouldn't use impulsive maneuvers in the maneuver planner, right? I use them to set up SRM apogee kick stages and similar, though, so I was able to come across this. I ran the numbers ahead of time and calculated the inclination of the GTO orbit needed to achieve GTO with a fixed dV on the SRM apogee kick stage. I used my launch vehicle's upper stage (and Principia's maneuver planner with an extended maneuver) to enter the prescribed GTO. I then used the Principia maneuver planner w/ an impulsive maneuver and the orbit analyzer to approximate the apogee kick. However, when I perform this maneuver using MechJeb to align the axis to the nav-ball node marker, I end up with a higher than desired orbital energy and a lower than desired inclination change.

I tried instead to actually calculate the maneuver by hand and enter the numbers directly into the maneuver planner, and again use MechJeb to track the node marker; this results in the maneuver being spot on. My hypothesis is that the maneuver is getting displayed on the nav-ball correctly, but there's an error in propagating it to the predictor. My guess is that it is an angle complement error.  (Pitch angle should be 37 degrees when it is being interpreted by the predictor as 90 - 37 = 53 degrees or something like that.)

I did a test run to show screenshots of the problem. (Google drive link.) Flight plan A is my hand calculated values. I forgot to open the dV planner, but the split is 1.3851 km/s tangential, -0.7518 km/s binormal. Flight plan B is just using Principia to calculate the "correct" values. I then did the burn using my hand calculated values and show the results as being largely correct. (The SRM over-boosted me a bit, but was well within the capabilities of the RCS to correct.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a small doubt...

I think this happens due to the way Principia works with the original maneuvering system in the game, but let me ask anyway...
When checking to show the maneuver at the navball and executing the maneuver... There is a way to make Principia work together with BetterBurnTime mod (i mean... to consume the DeltaV gauge during the burn)?

I ask this because when the engine is burning the propelants, when Principia is installed the DeltaV gauge is not consumed like it would be in a Vanilla + BetterBurnTime install.

Thanks

Edited by gsantos9489

I'm using a stock scale stock system with principia, but for some reason Laythe keeps getting apocalypse warnings and colliding with another moon. Any idea what might be causing it ?

Edited by ltajax