[1.7.X] Civilian Population [RELEASED : 07/04/2018]

Pamynx

21 hours ago, M3tal_Warrior said:

Did you see the wiki page of CKAN?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

As for TAC LS: I did play a lot with it for some years, but I always had problems integrating it to MKS/OKS and Karbonite. When it wasn't clear if it was continued a while ago, I finally made a switch to USI LS, for integration into MKS, stability and continuity. I (as a biology student) sort of regret not having O2, H2O, CO2, Waste, Waste Water and Food around, but I love the mental health issues presented with USI LS. Plus you can configure what effects starvation has over time, so death is still an option, but not mandatory. Anyways, thanks for your dedication!

I gave a try to ckan but it does not want to work... I changed the layout of the mod that way all the stuff is in a CivilianPopulation directory. You can find the logs and command I use there : https://github.com/rleroy/CivilianPopulation/blob/master/install-to-ckan.log

16 hours ago, Vorg said:

Found a bit of a problem. It may be tied in with MKS custom Kerbals can be rescued, But I just did my first rescue in a new save and got a Civ. Basicly useless since they have no skills :(

It not a bug, it's a feature :)

Keep this civilian in one of your vessels, and you will earn cash !

8 hours ago, Gin said:

Are you saying an increase in funds-per-day the farther they are from Kerbin? If so, then I say yes, if you can. I would have no problem paying more to live on Mars then on the Moon.

This is not what I meant, and I am not sure it is a good idea... Perhaps later in order to add more challenge sending your civilian far away.

Civilian are more administrative staff rather then tourists paying for their room in a hotel.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:25 AM, dlrk said:

I'm not sure if I missed anything, but is this integrated with or planned to be integrated with USI-LS? Less critically, Near Future for the reactors/electrics?

Yes it is compatible with USI-LS. Never tried Near Future, but the reactors consume Uranium and produce EC so this should not be a problem.

@The-Doctor I don't think there's been a proper release or changelog as yet, but the TO-DO lists all over the first post give some insight into what's been done or is pending. No one has stepped up yet to write Kerbalism support...much less help the dev at all apparently. :/ 

I would personally contribute a couple of things (including Kerbalism support) but my own to-do list is still stacked and I need a little rest from modding. :P 

GPP, KSS, OPT, Sunflares, Airline Kuisine, Karbonite... You get the idea.

Hey, so I've been following multiple people revive this mod, and its great to see that its still up and running, but I was wondering if you had any plans of adding any Stanford torus's or centrifuge parts? I know that  michaelhester07, ( the original creator of Civilian Population) had worked on some Torus parts such as Uq2hXTm.pngd38BpJE.png0lmyx90.png

Anyways I'd love to see about what you had instore for this mod and if you also plan on reviving or editing the "Biodomes and Stanford Torus Mod"

-Thanks

Well I do not plan to add more parts to the mod, my plans I am more in making the mod work with stock parts and include life support mods compatibility.

So, sorry but no, I like your "Taurus City" screenshots but I am not currently working on it.

At the moment I am playing with USI-LS & MKS and the behaviour is ok.

My next tasks in queue are :

- Testing how it works with TACLS and Kerbalism.

- Making the university operationnal to turn Civilian into regular Kerbonauts.

By the way, it is now available in CKAN, the name is "CivilianPopulation".

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pamynx said:

The university is now operational. The part have a "recruit" button that turns all civilian inside into kerbonauts. The profession is chosen at random.

Enjoy !

Here is an example of university on the surface of Duna : aQqEbGD.png

Thanks for the update, please tell me, but on other planets, the population growth is possible in the future?

Need a little help here. I'm using KSP 1.0.3 x64. When I try a Hyponic Garden module, civilian large house, and a civ. contractor dock on the runway. I can't get any info or active the modules. Have power, and a command module. Using version 208 and the latest Community Resource Pack (0650).  What am I missing?

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Need a little help here. I'm using KSP 1.0.3 x64. When I try a Hyponic Garden module, civilian large house, and a civ. contractor dock on the runway. I can't get any info or active the modules. Have power, and a command module. Using version 208 and the latest Community Resource Pack (0650).  What am I missing?

Do you have any life support mod (TACLS / Kerbalism / USI-LS) ? If not, the garden modules are just decorative stuff.

On the contractor dock, you should have 2 buttons, activate and deactivate, pressing the buttons will just change the status of the dock but it won't be shown there. What will change is the "civilian pop window", it should show you when the next delivery is planned. Anyway, contractors only deliver kerbals when in orbit, when landed, no mission will be sent.

Ran into a bit of a snag. The game gave me a contract to rescue a Kerbal stranded in space. When I got to his craft, it was a Civilian Contractor Dock Mk 1. The Kerbal was not able to exit the Dock Mk 1. Any fix for this?

9 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Ran into a bit of a snag. The game gave me a contract to rescue a Kerbal stranded in space. When I got to his craft, it was a Civilian Contractor Dock Mk 1. The Kerbal was not able to exit the Dock Mk 1. Any fix for this?

Its a problem in KSP itself, not the parts on their own (every crewable part without a hatch has the same risk), a mod 'KSP Rescue Pod Fix' by shadowmage45 fixes this.

Edited by emerald

On 6/20/2017 at 3:27 AM, The-Doctor said:

Thank you for getting this working! I hope to add it in when it's compatible with Kerbalism. I also like the idea of my civilians spawning on the colony rather than having to ship them, it's the idea behind making the colony self sustaining. Is that how it works? I hope so. I also like the ban on breeding, it makes things a bit easier, so I won't always have to build new colonies because some Kerbal can't keep their pants up. Also I think just as the guy above said, your birth rate should be based on the ratio of male/female kerbals.

Can't wait to add this in to my mod list, gonna be starting a MARS series soon and have a longer term Icarus Initiative planned. Thanks, good work!

The apartments are great for the extra living room in Kerbalism.

4 hours ago, emerald said:

Its a problem in KSP itself, not the parts on their own (every crewable part without a hatch has the same risk), a mod 'KSP Rescue Pod Fix' by shadowmage45 fixes this.

Thanks, will install that right away.

That moment when you find the original post, and dig through 5 other continuations to get to the most recent :P
Glad to see its still up and running though, this is a great mod to use with the other colony mods like USI and Extraplanetary launchpads :D
10/10 would launch rockets from gilly again

• 1 month later...

@Pamynx Thank you soo much for keeping this mod alive... I'm surprised the concept of Kerbal breeding and death isn't more popular. Can you please provide an approximate time frame for implementing working breeding and death?

I am playing in career using a multiple star system mod called Kerbal Star Systems .... I'm wanting to send kerbals to other stars but want it to take multiple kerbal generations to reach the other star.

@StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

@Pamynx Thank you soo much for keeping this mod alive... I'm surprised the concept of Kerbal breeding and death isn't more popular. Can you please provide an approximate time frame for implementing working breeding and death?

I am playing in career using a multiple star system mod called Kerbal Star Systems .... I'm wanting to send kerbals to other stars but want it to take multiple kerbal generations to reach the other star.

@StarCrusher96

oh yes I also play like that only I still have an armory mod for interstellar wars !!!)))))

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.