[1.7.X] Civilian Population [RELEASED : 07/04/2018]

Pamynx

Well, not much kerbals, less than 30 on three ships. Two are filled to the brim though.

On 6/12/2018 at 3:55 PM, Pamynx said:

Working on it, I have several ideas but I want to be sure I reproduce this lag caused by CivilianPopulation before making modifications and kill it.

How much kerbals and ships are you playing with ? Are you playing with many part mods ? Do you think I could use your saved game ?

May upload the save later. I do use quite a number of mods.

What I can see in logs ia quite weird ... You seem to have some crew in your ship wich is not detected into you whole population...

Anyway, here is another version that should work better :

http://nexus.amis.tv/repository/maven-snapshots/tv/amis/pamynx/ksp-civilian-population-mod/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/ksp-civilian-population-mod-2.1.2-20180615.183549-6.zip

6 hours ago, Pamynx said:

What I can see in logs ia quite weird ... You seem to have some crew in your ship wich is not detected into you whole population...

Anyway, here is another version that should work better :

http://nexus.amis.tv/repository/maven-snapshots/tv/amis/pamynx/ksp-civilian-population-mod/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/ksp-civilian-population-mod-2.1.2-20180615.183549-6.zip

Ghost crew? Wow. I can be the next danny 2462

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've been playing with this mod in my latest career, thanks for a fun mod!

I'm also using UCI-LS, and it appears that the garden modules require some re-balancing with UCI-LS.

The Small Hydroponic Garden Module outputs 0.6 supplies per second. This is enough to feed 1200 without recycling. By the description it is supposed to feed 8. It also breaks conservation of mass.

The other modules also produce more food than they're supposed to, I think, but it's a factor of 1.5, not 150.

I can update the numbers and make a pull request on GitHub, but I would need to know what the intended production of the modules is supposed to be. I don't understand where the current numbers are coming from.

Edited by Bogen

Hello, and my apologizes to @Kepler68, I did not spent much time on KSP those days. I will try to have a look during next week end.

@Bogen: I did not made the rebalancing fot UCI-LS yet but had the same style of behaviour for TAC-LS. Feel free to submit a pull request once you have find the right tuning !

No update for USI yet, @Bogen, if you want to make a pull request, the figures are given in the part description. They bring supplies for ~10 days per supported Kerbal, and should be able to renew the suplies provided the population does not exceed the supported population.

About the university, I just tested with 1.4.5, it worked properly : put your civilians in it, click, all your civilians are now either pilot, engineer or scientist (You may need to switch to another vessel and back to see the difference).

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.