[1.7.X] Civilian Population [RELEASED : 07/04/2018]

Pamynx

Ummmm, I maintain over 200 mods, the vast majority of them are code.  I already have my systems setup for new versions of KSP.  What you forget is that the references may need to be updated for new versions of KSP.  I deal with that by using wildcards in the csproj file.

I do my release builds on a Jenkins server, which is running in a Linux environment

I had looked at the original source from Github.  That source has 6 different csproj files and not a single sln file among them.  I want to understand why the author decided to set it up in three different DLLs;  unless he intended to allow one or more to be removed, it doesn't make sense and makes the whole project more complicated than it needs to be.

As it is, the directory structure of this mod is rather strange compared to all the other mods I work with. I'll probably reorganize and consolidate it into a single dll, which will simplify the development and final builds.

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

"I do my release builds on a Jenkins server, which is running in a Linux environment"

Yes I understand this is a professional way to do it in a Continuous Integration System I like it :)

"I had looked at the original source from Github.  That source has 6 different csproj files and not a single sln file among them.  I want to understand why the author decided to set it up in three different DLLs;  "

I don't understand your quote here is 7 files SLN

There are 7 SLN files:

Infra, GUI and Domain

The Big one with them all:

plugin

You can also see that there is another 3 sln called Civilian Population that is not need (this was something new for the future: prepared for next development iteration )

QdOXzM7.png

Original Source Code is here:

https://github.com/rleroy/CivilianPopulation

About the decision of using those 3 DLLs it seams that he was doing this in layers... I don't have another explanation.

Edited by pmborg

Tested the first colony:

- Works as expected:

• They are breeding at the apartment (make Sense...)
  • They Learn professions (Pilot, Science and Engineer) at the University (make Sense...)

BU6ed9I.jpg

@linuxgurugamer one last comment from me today! :)

Please note, that your mod [1.8.x] TRP-Hire (formerly KSI Hiring) when this (Civilian Population) mod is installed, we should be able to hire also Civilians, to simulate the behavior without, [1.8.x] TRP-Hire.

Edited by pmborg

Hello, @linuxgurugamer

Once you are using Jenkins to compile all Mods, I am assuming that you have the Jenkins Master in Linux and then one
Windows Slave to compile the projects using commands with something like:

msbuild myproject.vcxproj /p:configuration=debug

And for that you need to transform those 3 projects just in one.

You can also use something like:

devenv mysln.sln /build

In order to keep the actual/original structure, this is ofc. just one idea, I am sure that you will find a good solution for it. :)

Cheers

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No windows slave, everything is done on Linux using the Mono compiler

"everything is done on Linux using the Mono compiler"

Your username now makes, even more sense :) yes is also a very good way to do it.

installed from Ckan, i don't find the University part. Same from manual install. In parts is present, but not showing in the research tree nor in the vab, sph. can be blacklisted by kerbal research and development?

Edited by Acvila

7 hours ago, Acvila said:

installed from Ckan, i don't find the University part. Same from manual install. In parts is present, but not showing in the research tree nor in the vab, sph. can be blacklisted by kerbal research and development?

How about posting a log file?

8 hours ago, Acvila said:

The version that is/was on ckan is was only until 1.7.3, besides stated for all versions.

The version that run on 1.8.1 is this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn5ymulvoik3xch/CivilianPopulation.zip?dl=0

@linuxgurugamer will add soon a new officially version on ckan, for 1.8.1 :)

Edited by pmborg

For all,

I have a beta release of 3.0.0 up on github.

There have been a lot of changes:

•     Adoption by Linuxgurugamer
  •     Added bulkheadProfiles to all parts
  •     Fixed bad chars in some parts preventing them from loading
  •     Reorganized directories
  •     Created overall solution file
  •     Added Assemblyversion.tt to all dlls
  •     Added InstallChecker to all dlls
  •     Adjusted node positions on many parts
  •     Replaced stock toolbar code with ToolbarController
  •     Added support for the ClickThroughBlocker
  •     Added unique numbers for the window ids

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CivilianPopulation/releases

I'll be creating a new thread soon.

One thing I would like some help on is with tags.  I would appreciate it if some of you would create some meaningful tags for the 36 parts in the mod.

Thanks

New thread is up, with links:

Please move all conversation about this mod to the new thread

@pmborg

The problem with the University part (and some others, a total of 5) was not the numbers, but bad characters, only visible in certain editors.  Please try this out and let me know how it goes (reply in the new thread)

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@pmborg

The problem with the University part (and some others, a total of 5) was not the numbers, but bad characters, only visible in certain editors.  Please try this out and let me know how it goes (reply in the new thread)

I am glad that you found it, the University now if totally fixed, I was checking here the release notes: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CivilianPopulation/releases

Well done! you amaze the community with your work thank you!

I will now remove the temporally shared link.

Edited by pmborg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 9:20 AM, pmborg said:

I am glad that you found it, the University now if totally fixed, I was checking here the release notes: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CivilianPopulation/releases

Well done! you amaze the community with your work thank you!

I will now remove the temporally shared link.

New release candidate, see new thread for details

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 11:59 PM, ADC_019 said:

Could you help me set this up because it's not working for me. Nothing appears. Only civilians appear but no actual structures or modules

Log file, please. 

make sure you have the dependencies:

• ClickThroughBlocker
  • ToolbarController

• 1 month later...

Always fancied using this mod but it never seemed 'finished' I'm so glad someone's taken it on as its the last missing link in my gaming style (base building and ISRU). the only thing I can't create off world is more kerbals!

Thanks Linuxgurugamer!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.