[1.2.2 / 1.3] Career Evolution Contract Pack

pap1723

Just now, Sigma88 said:

@purpleivan did you return the whole thing or did you leave some pieces back on the mun?

is it possible that you left the science report in some piece of equipment that didn't return to kerbin?

I brought back just the probe core on a chute (as in what made it back to the surface of Kerbin).

The probe core contained the science (temp reading) from the space around Mun as shown in the third image.

3 hours ago, purpleivan said:

I brought back just the probe core on a chute (as in what made it back to the surface of Kerbin).

The probe core contained the science (temp reading) from the space around Mun as shown in the third image.

Looking at the contract source for that parameter: https://github.com/pap1723/Career-Evolution/blob/master/GameData/ContractPacks/CEContracts/Contracts/03-MoonExploration.cfg#L500-L508

There's a mismatch between the flavour text "Gather Science from space around the Mun and Return it home, DO NOT TRANSMIT" and the parameter setting which requires the science be gathered while landed ("situation = SrfLanded"). The contract is not completing because the thermometer reading was not taken while landed on the surface.

18 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Looking at the contract source for that parameter: https://github.com/pap1723/Career-Evolution/blob/master/GameData/ContractPacks/CEContracts/Contracts/03-MoonExploration.cfg#L500-L508

There's a mismatch between the flavour text "Gather Science from space around the Mun and Return it home, DO NOT TRANSMIT" and the parameter setting which requires the science be gathered while landed ("situation = SrfLanded"). The contract is not completing because the thermometer reading was not taken while landed on the surface.

Weird... this is actually the second time I've attempted to complete the contract. The first time I made the assumption with it being a "sample return" that it was actually science from the surface that was needed to be returned to Kerbin to complete the contract, which I did, but the contract failed to complete.... so I sent the vehicle shown in the pics.

I guess the first time round I made an error somewhere and failed to complete the contract for a different reason.

I'll have another crack at it, this time returning science taken from the Mun surface.

Thanks for the help with this.

I've re-flown the mission, returning science from the surface and I can confirm that you're right about the issue being the return of science from space around mun (incorrect) instead of from the surface (correct) being the issue.

Cheers.

Good jobs, this mods is great.

I've got an issue with the space station's contract "Launch a new Space Station". Although I met all pre-requisites, the contract is still greyed out. I went and returned home (unmanned and crewed) from severals bodies (mun, minmus, eve) and I don't have any station around theses bodies

Thanks for your help

Edited by Nayah-

Hey Pap, when you get back from being out of town, take a look at the code that handles the bases and stations- Something is a little bit weird with it. I did the rover mission for base, but I'm not getting any base contract- and I'm only getting crew rotation missions for the station; I check contracts and sometimes see "add power module" or "add fuel module" for the station, but anytime I click on it the contract just deletes itself before I have a chance to click accept.

This looks great, and I wanted to offer a suggestion. It's possible to use this with the community tech tree or with the stock tech tree if you use the Bluedog Design Bureau mod. BDB includes some early probe cores (such as Explorer) which are placed into early nodes.

2 minutes ago, fourfa said:

What doesn't work with GPP?  I'm running both but for all I know there's important contracts not popping...

the interplanetary missions assume the home planet is the third from the sun (as it is in stock and RSS but not in gpp). I assume you might be missing some of those contacts

25 minutes ago, flashfire2205 said:

Has their been a fixed released for this yet or a manual fix or is it soon to come?

No fixes have yet been released. I have taken on some other projects that are occupying my time. I will try to get to this soon.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zeant93 said:

Normally I use these contract packs:

• Commnet Relays
  • Field Research
  • Grand Tours
  • Rover Missions
  • Unmanned Contracts
  • Bases and Stations
  • Tourism Plus

Which of these contract packs I have to remove to work better with this mod?

Get rid of Bases and Stations, Rover Missions, and Unmanned Contracts (exact duplicates). The rest should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is meant to scale correctly with difficulty, but I installed this mod today and my first mission was "First flight (unmanned)" or some such (launch your first unmanned rocket), and the reward was 600+600. On hard difficulty, that just about covers the cost of my rocket engine, so I'd lose money. I'm playing with the Engineering Tech Tree, which doesn't start you with SRB's. Even so, IIRC in the stock game a Flea cost around 450-600? Then the cost of your probe core, etc...

I installed anyways after reading a comment on another thread. I'm having a blast playing with this and ETT in Galileo's planet pack. I've got 150% funds rewards and 200% science rewards cause ETT is hard and cause career mode has terrible contracts that I never want to do and never wanting to worry much about money. The game pace is ok, I'm not going too fast or too slow, I don't have to worry about funds much as I only upgrade when needed, science isn't too easy or hard, I'm pushed by the contracts to go further, currently aiming at Iota, without much science parts, this ties in perfectly with the science system and ETT, plus ETT gives me the freedom to choose my path, I'm finally enjoying KSP and able to have a fun playthrough. I use science hand in hand with contracts, if I see a contract to go to Iota (which I accepted) I know I gotta research large fuel tanks and better engines, also upgrade the tracking station. The game is going really smoothly and well, better than I expected, and this mod is giving me great contracts and great progression. I don't like the part testing contracts and skip them. I must say, from my last play, the rover contracts need work, the zones are too small, even when I'm right on top of them I never get it unless I fly the rover in the air and even then I only ever got one once.

Are there anomaly contracts? 

7 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Are there anomaly contracts? 

Not that I've seen.. This is what I use for Anomaly contract, but it's broken for the last contract or two in the sequence

Edited by wile1411

I've got a Kerbalism campaign going already, early days mind you, with Scansat and its contracts. I've disabled the "survey" contracts (hate them), but I also super hate all the "test this item at this particular speed angle, phase of the moon" contracts. Can I install this safely to get some fresh contract options?

3 hours ago, TinyPirate said:

I've got a Kerbalism campaign going already, early days mind you, with Scansat and its contracts. I've disabled the "survey" contracts (hate them), but I also super hate all the "test this item at this particular speed angle, phase of the moon" contracts. Can I install this safely to get some fresh contract options?

I also use kerbalism, do you have deepfreeze? I've had it since my last playthrough Kerbalism said I needed so much supplies that I had to send an Armada

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.