[1.2.2 / 1.3] Career Evolution Contract Pack

pap1723

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help with my save. I may have screwed it up trying to fix an issue so here's what happened.

I completed the Career Evolution BaseMoonScout contract. Unfortunately despite me being in control of the correct rover it set the waypoint to one from a previous contract - that rover was in a useless position. I didn't have a save backup from before I accepted the BaseMoonScout but I did have one from before BaseMoonCore. So I reloaded the one before I accepted BaseMoonCore and deleted BaseMoonScout from my save. I reloaded, terminated the incorrect rover, then re-accepted BaseMoonScout.

The contract completed successfully however it will not offer me the MoonBaseCore contract however long I time warp etc. All the pre-reqs show as 'met' and I've not hit any contract limits as far as I know.

Have I messed up my save or am I missing something? Link to save:

SFS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ztidMDFsqiTFRGQzduMXBRUFk/view?usp=sharing

LoadMeta: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ztidMDFsqiaXlMQXlSOTVKdEE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Edit to Add - I did find a quick save before I landed my new rover. I loaded that, terminated the old rover from the tracking station (without controlling it which triggers the contract countdown). I then landed the new rover. It worked - 5 min countdown once I landed and contract complete. All pre-reqs met for the next one but it doesn't get offered. It's not a big deal I guess - I could land something pointless at the bad location then move it later - however if I could somehow fix the save to offer the contract correctly that would be nice.

Edit 2 and possible resolution: Think I solved it. I'm no developer but it seems this contract and one of the early rover contracts use the MoonRover key and it tracks it after completion. Deleting the rover seems to upset it for reasons I can't fathom. Anyway, I moved my old rover by changing it to the lon/lat of where I landed the new one - off by a few metres and 2 metres above surface level. That caused the BaseMoonCore to be offered where I expect it.

Edited by Pie82
Additional detail

• 2 weeks later...

@pap1723, I love this contract pack, the implementation is top notch and would love to get it functioning alongside GPP. I fear that due to GPP's system layout that 'Planets' DATA node doesn't really suit the system as you probably well know, the only way around this I can see would to detect if GPP was installed and edit the node and keys inside to suit i.e.

@CONTRACT_GROUP:HAS[@DATA:HAS[#type[CelestialBody]],[#title[Planets]]]:NEEDS[GPP]
{
    @DATA
    {
        @Mercury = HomeWorld().Parent().Children().ElementAt(1)
        ... etc.
    }
}

... to reassign the named planet/moon variables to suitable bodies within the GPP system, possibly along the lines of the following:

• Mercury = Thalia
  • Venus = Gratian (Tellumo would also do but it has no real moon and offers a very low chance of returning from)
  • Earth = Gael
  • Moon = Iota
  • Minmus = Ceti
  • Mars = Niven
  • Phobos = This is difficult as Niven has no moon. Could probably substitute Thalia or Gratian's moon.
  • Jupiter = Otho

Would you be interested in getting GPP compatibility incorporated into this contract pack or maybe folding something similar into GPP istelf?

Hi. Great contract pack! It made me fall in love with KSP again. I´ve run in to a problem. I´ve reached the space station contracts and I've done the first two, but for some reason I can't accept the 90 days in space contract. All the pre-requisites have been met, but it´s not available for me to accept.

Could you please help me figuring out what I'm missing?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From my KSP.log

[LOG 22:40:49.465] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'CareerEvolution'
[WRN 22:40:49.467] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Multiple assemblies with name 'ContractConfigurator' found!
[WRN 22:40:49.609] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'EarlySpaceProgram': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.610] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'Satellites': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.612] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'MinmusExploration': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.613] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'MoonExploration': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.614] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'CrewedMilestones': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.616] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'UncrewedFlybys': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.617] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'UncrewedOrbits': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.618] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'UncrewedLanding': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.619] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'Rovers': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.621] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'SpaceStations': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.622] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'CrewedFlybys': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.623] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'CrewedLanding': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.
[WRN 22:40:49.624] ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'SurfaceBases': No minVersion or older minVersion provided.  It is recommended that the minVersion is set to at least 1.15.0 to turn important warnings for deprecated functionality into errors.

I'm sure that's not as dire as it sounds (things seem to work mostly fine, at least), but it's probably worth considering.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 11:28 PM, rohanguard1 said:

Is it just me, or is the payout for contracts WAY too much?

Payout is way too much in larger scale systems like 10x or RSS. Making payouts based on the scale seems like a good idea at first, but besides being too high for RSS scale currently, it's probably just better to keep them scale-independent and adjust payouts globally in the difficulty settings based on your scale and difficulty-wishes.

Edited by Mike`

• 1 month later...

My game's UI locks on randomly sometimes on scene change. I checked the logs when it happened most recently, and noticed this. Anyone have any ideas?

[Toolbar] [INFO] saving settings (game scene: SPACECENTER)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Toolbar] [INFO] saving toolbar settings (toolbar 'toolbar_1093761690')

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'SpaceStation': Error parsing targetBody1

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.CheckTree (KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree tree, ProgressItem pi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<BodiesForItem>b__0 (KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree,CelestialBody].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[CelestialBody].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c.<RegisterMethods>b__6_43 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Function`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Function`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[CelestialBody] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
ReturnedFromBodies().Where(body => @/stations.Where(v => v.CelestialBody() == body).Count() == 0).SelectUnique()
....................* <-- HERE
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ExecuteExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.DeferredLoadUtil:ExecuteLoad(DeferredLoadObject`1)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
ContractConfigurator.<UpdateNonDeterministicValuesIterator>d__30:MoveNext()
System.Linq.<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.<GenerateContract>d__33:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.<ContractEnumerator>d__32:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2/9/2018 8:48:22 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Saving Moved Window

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

Game Paused!

Launcher start settings screen: True

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

Game Unpaused!

at ScreenMessages.PostMessage (.ScreenMessage current, System.String msg, .ScreenMessagesText textPrefab, Single duration, ScreenMessageStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage (.ScreenMessage msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TimeWarp.PostScreenMessage (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TimeWarp.updateRate (Single r, Boolean postScreenMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TimeWarp.assumeWarpRate (Single rate, Boolean instant, Boolean postScreenMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TimeWarp.setRate (Int32 rateIdx, Boolean instantChange, Boolean instantIfLower, Boolean forceSwitch, Boolean postScreenMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TimeWarp.SetRate (Int32 rate_index, Boolean instant, Boolean postScreenMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightDriver.SetPause (Boolean pauseState, Boolean postScreenMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSCPauseMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2/9/2018 8:49:40 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Saving Moved Window

2/9/2018 8:49:59 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Saving Moved Window

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'SpaceStation': Error parsing targetBody1

at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.CheckTree (KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree tree, ProgressItem pi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<BodiesForItem>b__0 (KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[KSPAchievements.CelestialBodySubtree,CelestialBody].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[CelestialBody].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c.<RegisterMethods>b__6_43 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Function`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Function`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[CelestialBody] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Error occurred near '*':
ReturnedFromBodies().Where(body => @/stations.Where(v => v.CelestialBody() == body).Count() == 0).SelectUnique()
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ExecuteExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)

2/9/2018 8:50:11 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Saving Moved Window

[Debug_Stifler] Altering Debug Panel...

[Debug_Stifler] Debug Panel Altered

Error occurred near '*':

On 10/02/2018 at 12:01 AM, Errol said:

My game's UI locks on randomly sometimes on scene change. I checked the logs when it happened most recently, and noticed this. Anyone have any ideas?

The same thing happens to me! It would be nice to have this fixed.

Edited by Drag0n

47 minutes ago, Drag0n said:

The same thing happens to me! It would be nice to have this fixed.

I made a thread for it here....looks like it is happening to someone that is not using this pack. I removed this pack either way, to see if that fixes it for me. I switched to Yemo's SETI contracts pack.

Some bug reports when using this with RealSolarSystem:

1) After performing a Venus flyby you get a contract to "Flyby" with no body specified. I suspect this contract would normally point to Gilly but it's being broken since Venus has no moons.

2) Orbit the moon of Mars. This contract is broken - most likely because Mars, unlike Duna, has 2 moons. It is impossible to finish the contract. If you use a single craft that orbits both sequentially, it only counts the one you are currently around. If you use two craft and orbit each, then the contract will show Deimos orbit when one craft is active, and Phobos orbit when the other is active - but never both. The "land on" and "fly by" contracts work fine however - so presumably this one just needs to be changed to match how they do their checking.

In both the above cases one cannot progress unless you use the Alt-F12 cheat menu to finish these impossible contracts.

And a balance issue:

Fairly early you get a contract to flyby Mercury, as soon as this is done, you get a contract to land a Rover on Mercury. This has to be completed before you get any outer planets missions -but that is entirely unbalanced to the point of being virtually impossible. Mercury is much, much harder to land on than it is to fly by Jupiter or Saturn. In fact no real-life mission has done it, the only real life mission to even orbit it had to do 3 gravity assists in a row (Venus/Earth/Venus) in order to do so. Moho is tough, but Mercury is a whole other beast. If you don't kill of a massive amount of speed with gravity assists and encounter it from an almost directly parallel orbit it can easily take 20km/s just to get captured - to then still land something. This mission should be made non-required for progression, or moved much, much further in the line when people will have the skills and technology it requires, I would say around the same time as the first Uranus/Neptune missions. It is only marginally easier than Pluto.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't find this mod until after 1.3 and my career was too far along to use it, so I've kept a close watch on it ever since. I'd really like to see this in action in 1.4.1. I'm not posting this to whine about when/if it'll be updated, just want the author to know there is still a demand for this mod and there's probably more like me hoping it'll get a new release. 

1 hour ago, Ahres said:

@nightingale - You would know! I wasn't expecting a reply from you. Thanks for that little tidbit. Now I just need an unmanned before manned tech tree and I'm good to go. 

This will probably take longer because of all the new parts in 1.4.1 and Making History. Many TechTree mods are going to have to be redesigned to integrate them, and add flexibility for installs both with and without Making History.

My favorite tree is Unmanned Before Manned by @Yemo, but I havent seen anything from him in a while. UBM is all rights reserved too, so it means no one can continue the project if he decides not to update. I've been thinking of making an add-on that adds making history and 1.4.1 parts to go along with my UBM Extended mod, but that's a lot of work, and right now I'm focusing on getting the stock cockpits done for Warbird Cockpits.

Edited by theonegalen

Yeah once I discovered Career Evolution and started watching it closely, I did the same for a few UbM tech trees. Yemo's looks like the one I'd go with, but like you said it's probably going to be a little while before Yemo or anyone gets one updated because of all the new parts added by MH.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, Ahres said:

Yeah once I discovered Career Evolution and started watching it closely, I did the same for a few UbM tech trees. Yemo's looks like the one I'd go with, but like you said it's probably going to be a little while before Yemo or anyone gets one updated because of all the new parts added by MH.

I am now working on adding 1.4.1 and Making History parts to my UBM Extended mod. I have a basic overview of how I'm thinking about the MH parts in that thread, and input is welcome!

Hello @pap1723, I have a bug report. I have also posted an issue on @nightingale's github.

With nothing but CC, MM, and various contract packs installed, CC throws a nullref while on the main Space Center screen every minute or so, I assume on contract generation.

It seems to relate to something called TargetBody1 not existing. A cursory search of my contracts revealed that both Career Evolution and Field Research use this term.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BvP4G0eCECpkzOVYruVMa1vk4oyiA948/view?usp=drivesdk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.