[1.2.2 / 1.3] Career Evolution Contract Pack

pap1723

On 3/9/2020 at 12:27 AM, lordcirth said:

Stations can be used to refuel spacecraft.

For what? Crew craft for returning them to kerbin not gonna need more then 200-300 delta v for deorbit which they kinda should have left after reaching station. And for deep space probes it's not efficient to launch, dock to station and then go further. Unless you build probe on some asteroid base with mod like Global Construction and in that case it can make fuel itself

5 minutes ago, banditsan said:

For what? Crew craft for returning them to kerbin not gonna need more then 200-300 delta v for deorbit which they kinda should have left after reaching station. And for deep space probes it's not efficient to launch, dock to station and then go further. Unless you build probe on some asteroid base with mod like Global Construction and in that case it can make fuel itself

Launching craft that both have the delta-v to go long distances, and re-entry capable, then throwing them away again, is inefficient. You can have nuclear-engine craft that do deep-space missions, and refuel them at stations. Either refueling from ISRU or Kerbin. For example, a mining base on Ike + a Duna/Ike station that you use to refuel Duna craft for landing and returns.

• 6 months later...

Really enjoying the contract pack. Unfortunately I upgraded my astronaut complex to level 5 in my career, and the Crewed Milestones: First Orbital EVA became unavailable saying that my astronaut complex is above level 3. I looked at the contract in your mod file, and deleted the AC min level 1 requirement and that solved the problem but it's interesting that a min lvl requirement imposes a max one as well...

Edited by kalmor

On 9/26/2020 at 4:52 AM, kalmor said:

Really enjoying the contract pack. Unfortunately I upgraded my astronaut complex to level 5 in my career, and the Crewed Milestones: First Orbital EVA became unavailable saying that my astronaut complex is above level 3. I looked at the contract in your mod file, and deleted the AC min level 1 requirement and that solved the problem but it's interesting that a min lvl requirement imposes a max one as well...

Are you using a mod that changes the buildings?  Otherwise you shouldn't be able to upgrade above 3.

Great Mod, loving it so far, thanks.

Question, I'm wrapping up my 180 days in space right now and Orbital Station "Eos" is on its final leg, the new K/ISS is already up and operational, and it's time to bring the old bird down. However, so far each orbital station contract has piggy backed off the other requiring a new crew to the same station, is there anyway to transfer the contract to the new space station when the 180 days are complete? 

On 9/28/2020 at 2:38 PM, nightingale said:

Are you using a mod that changes the buildings?  Otherwise you shouldn't be able to upgrade above 3.

Obviously I am using a mod:D.

I have like 40 of them but I don't know specifically which one increases my buildings' max levels.

1 hour ago, kalmor said:

Obviously I am using a mod:D.

I have like 40 of them but I don't know specifically which one increases my buildings' max levels.

There you go, that's your problem then.  That mod is not compatible with Contract Configurator.  If you'd like me to look into making it compatible, you'll have to let me know what the mod is.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, Dick_Kerman said:

Great Mod, loving it so far, thanks.

Question, I'm wrapping up my 180 days in space right now and Orbital Station "Eos" is on its final leg, the new K/ISS is already up and operational, and it's time to bring the old bird down. However, so far each orbital station contract has piggy backed off the other requiring a new crew to the same station, is there anyway to transfer the contract to the new space station when the 180 days are complete? 

So potential work around for anyone who having the same issue: Station A is old and needs to be replaced, station B is new and needs a the crew mission. Dock station A to station B, send crew to Station B, undock station A, contract parameters are still checked and timer counts down toward "x time in space."

Edited by Dick_Kerman

On 9/30/2020 at 11:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Either list all the mods or provide a log file, we should be able to figure it out

I am a big boy, I could figure it out on my own(I think). This line is awfully suspicious:

valid &= ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue<int>(configNode, "maxLevel", x => maxLevel = x, this, 3, x => Validation.Between(x, 1, 3)); (FacilityRequirement.cs:32)

the problem is, that one of my mods changed facilities in a way, that they change models on level 1, 3, and 5 instead of 1,2 and 3. 

On 9/30/2020 at 10:57 PM, nightingale said:

There you go, that's your problem then.  That mod is not compatible with Contract Configurator.  If you'd like me to look into making it compatible, you'll have to let me know what the mod is.

I think, I can live without this feature. I am having more pressing problems with Field Research. I accepted a plant growth study in Kerbin orbit. I did the plant growth, I finalized it, than deorbited and landed the experiment, however upon recovery the mission was not completed. I did that twice, once without any control just with a parachute and heatshield and once with a probe core. Maybe I missed something like I shouldn't finalize after I have 50 eurekas. Hasn't encountered this kind of problem with other types of contracts from any other contract pack.
Here is my mod list:

KSP 1.10.1

KopernicusBE_1101_Release30
JNSQ.0.9.0

DWjQrKx.png

Edited by kalmor

18 hours ago, kalmor said:

I am a big boy, I could figure it out on my own(I think). This line is awfully suspicious:

valid &= ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue<int>(configNode, "maxLevel", x => maxLevel = x, this, 3, x => Validation.Between(x, 1, 3)); (FacilityRequirement.cs:32)

the problem is, that one of my mods changed facilities in a way, that they change models on level 1, 3, and 5 instead of 1,2 and 3. 

Raised jrossignol/ContractConfigurator#693 to improve handling of CustomBarnKit.  I couldn't find which mod actually changed the levels in the list below - but it doesn't really matter how it did it as there are a number of other mods out there that modify the levels (mostly ones to do with antennas and bigger solar systems).

18 hours ago, kalmor said:

I think, I can live without this feature. I am having more pressing problems with Field Research. I accepted a plant growth study in Kerbin orbit. I did the plant growth, I finalized it, than deorbited and landed the experiment, however upon recovery the mission was not completed. I did that twice, once without any control just with a parachute and heatshield and once with a probe core. Maybe I missed something like I shouldn't finalize after I have 50 eurekas. Hasn't encountered this kind of problem with other types of contracts from any other contract pack.

Not sure, maybe something a little special with the modded experiment and I'll either need to write code or disable it from showing up in Field Research.  Raised jrossignol/ContractPack-FieldResearch#27

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys. love this contract pack, it gives me reason to do things in the game so i dont get bored.

quick q thought, I'm trying to accept the 90 days in space contract, but it won't let me. but as you can see in the screenshot below, all pre-reqs are met, so I'm confused. anyone know what to do?

thanks

kerb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing on JNSQ, which roughly increases the planet sizes by 2.7.  Since this contract pack provides monetary payout as a function of planet size, the result is that I am receiving way too much money for completing contracts.  I'm trying to figure out how to edit the files to reduce the payout by 2.7x.

In the "CareerEvolutionContracts" file, there is the following:

type = double
        Kerbucks = ( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10
        Kerbucks2 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 2
        Kerbucks3 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 3
        Kerbucks4 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 4
        Kerbucks5 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 5
        Kerbucks6 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 6
        Kerbucks7 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 7
        Kerbucks8 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 8
        Kerbucks9 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 9
        Kerbucks10 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 10
        Kerbucks11 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 11
        Kerbucks12 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 12
        Kerbucks13 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 13
        Kerbucks14 = (( HomeWorld().Radius() / 1000 ) * 10 ) * 14
        title = Money, money, money, money
        requiredValue = false

Would changing each 1000 to 2700 provide the fix I am looking for?  Thank you!

Edited by ble210
whoops

• 5 weeks later...

Too late for ble but here is the formula I use which is less explosive in reward growth if anyone wants it.

Kerbucks = Round(Pow(2.0 * 0.00000000006674 * HomeWorld().Mass() / (HomeWorld().Radius() + HomeWorld().AtmosphereAltitude()), 0.5)/(20.0 - Min(19.9999, 0.00000000006674 * HomeWorld().Mass() / Pow(HomeWorld().Radius(), 2.0))) * 17.2616037 + 501.0,1000.0)
Kerbucks2 = @/Kerbucks * 2

This calculates orbital velocity and then how long it would take to accelerate based on 20 m/s^2  minus the effect of gravity (yes it would actually change over time).  I times it by an a appropriate  number and  add 500  and then round it.  This get the same 6000 value in the default game but only increases to 9000 for a 2.5x Kerbin.   The default calculation would get you 15000

Edited by GrayTech

13 hours ago, vardicd said:

Can I take it this mod still works in KSP 1.10?

Generally yes. You want to use this with a planetary system similar to the base game.  You would have to mod it for station and base core contacts to work with planet packs that have multiple suns.  "Kerbin" should be the third planet from the sun. You also want a couple of planets between Kerbin and the first gas giant and you don't want gas giants to have a surface

Edited by GrayTech

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How does the mod cope with progression to other bodies? I wondered how it would perform with StarCrusher's Galaxies Unbound, as it adds systems that are way beyond reach until very late career. Is the progression hard coded, based on transfer windows, or just on relative distance to kerbin orbit therefore proportional to dv requirements?

21 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

How does the mod cope with progression to other bodies? I wondered how it would perform with StarCrusher's Galaxies Unbound, as it adds systems that are way beyond reach until very late career. Is the progression hard coded, based on transfer windows, or just on relative distance to kerbin orbit therefore proportional to dv requirements?

Very good question, and I don't know the answer for certain.  However, the pack generally works correctly if the starting homeworld is third rock from the sun, as in either the stock Kerbol system or RSS.  GPP had issues (Gael was fourth rock from the sun), and JNSQ worked fine.  Since Kerbol is still the center of the universe in Galaxies Unbound, it should think that all the other systems are merely outlying planets, and consider each planet in a different system as a moon for contract purposes.  I hope to find out for certain myself soon.

Edited by Norcalplanner
clarification

• 1 month later...

I'm returning to KSP after a long hiatus, and I'd like to try a career centered around this mod.  I have a couple questions about it.

1. Is the mod compatible with Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux, or Nertea's other parts mods?  I recall when I played severed_solo's Stations and Bases, I often had trouble completing space-station contracts.  If I need to stick with stock parts for this contract mod, I will. But I love making pretty space stations -- maybe my favorite thing to do in KSP.

2 . I've never used the Outer Planets Mod, but the OP says it's highly recommended for this mod. I'm delighted to try OPM.  It works well with this contract pack?

3. The OP also says one of three tech tree mods is required.  Any recommendations on which to use?  I've tried the ETT before, and I'd like to try something different.  I would assume the author's Historical Progression Tech Tree would be a good choice, so I'm going to try that unless anyone warns me off of it.

4. Finally, this is my tentative mod list.  Any red flags here?  I'm not wedded to EVE (Environmental Effects) if that's problematic.

Outer Planets Mod, Kopernicus, Module Manager, Historical Progression Tech Tree, Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux, EVE, Transfer Window Planner, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Final Frontier, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, KER, Precise Node Cont'd or PreciseManeuver.

Many thanks in advance!

@pap1723 Are you still supporting CE?

• In the Surface Base group the Minmus base is suppose to be build only after the Mun Base (iirc baseminmusscout has some condition about the Mun), could you check and fix this? I believe Kerbal Space Agency could choose which moon to build on. 
  • I was trying to fix above in the configs, and now I have this:

0p31WBz.jpeg

all conditions are "Met", but the contract is not taken.
Edited by flart

@flart  Looks like there is a hidden requirement for that contract.

In 13-SurfaceBases.cfg where it says

DATA
	{
		type = Vessel
		requiredValue = true
		hidden = true
		uniquenessCheck = GROUP_ALL
		targetRover = [ MinmusRover ].Where(v => v.VesselType() == Rover && v.IsLanded() == true).SelectUnique()
		title = Get the Minmus Base Scout Rover
	}

Change 'hidden = true' to 'hidden = false' and then start KSP

if this is requirement is unment

then I would think you either deleted the rover from  the BaseMinmusScout mission or its vessel type is not Rover.

If it is not a rover then change it to be a rover. 

If you deleted the craft then after copying your save  go into the contract archive in cheats and delete 'BaseMinmusScout' and redo the mission.

Edited by GrayTech

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.