[1.2.2 / 1.3] Career Evolution Contract Pack

pap1723

Greetings.  Loving the mod.

I do have a problem with completing one of the contracts.  It says to orbit the moons of Jool.  The contract makes it seem as if I need to have one vessel, and orbit each moon.  When I achieve orbit of any of the moons of Jool, it indicates I have completed the requirements for that moon, so I moove on to the next.  But when I leave orbit, the requirement is no longer met, and shows that I have not completed that portion of the contract.

Is this a bug?  Any recommendations on how to fix the bug or complete the contract correctly?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently retrofitting the pack to work in my Galileo Planet Pack save and am thinking about potentially releasing the modification once I finish? Are there any  specific rules I need to follow to do that, or can I just make a post for it when I'm ready? I'd naturally credit @pap1723 .

Edited by CessnaSkyhawk

29 minutes ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Are there any  specific rules I need to follow to do that

The rules are covered in the license terms of Career Evolution Contract Pack which is CC-BY-NC-SA

If you adhere to these terms you can post in the forums and indicate the license(s) that your modified work is covered under and release on github/spacedock/dropbox/googledrive/etc.

9 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

The rules are covered in the license terms of Career Evolution Contract Pack which is CC-BY-NC-SA

If you adhere to these terms you can post in the forums and indicate the license(s) that your modified work is covered under and release on github/spacedock/dropbox/googledrive/etc.

Alright - I just created a github thingy for it - does this look alright? If it looks good, them I'll make a forum post for it later.

https://github.com/CessnaSkyhawk/CareerEvolutionContractPack-GPP

I am good with anyone updating / fixing / releasing / destroying anything to do with this. I haven't messed with it in a really long time as my time has been moved to Realism Overhaul. 

• 7 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 9:34 PM, GrayTech said:

Too late for ble but here is the formula I use which is less explosive in reward growth if anyone wants it.

Kerbucks = Round(Pow(2.0 * 0.00000000006674 * HomeWorld().Mass() / (HomeWorld().Radius() + HomeWorld().AtmosphereAltitude()), 0.5)/(20.0 - Min(19.9999, 0.00000000006674 * HomeWorld().Mass() / Pow(HomeWorld().Radius(), 2.0))) * 17.2616037 + 501.0,1000.0)
Kerbucks2 = @/Kerbucks * 2

This calculates orbital velocity and then how long it would take to accelerate based on 20 m/s^2  minus the effect of gravity (yes it would actually change over time).  I times it by an a appropriate  number and  add 500  and then round it.  This get the same 6000 value in the default game but only increases to 9000 for a 2.5x Kerbin.   The default calculation would get you 15000

Been a long time, but the fix I used in the post right above this one (changing the 1000 to 2700) worked as well.  It basically reduced the awards by a factor of 2.7.

• 3 months later...

I just got a contract asking me to put a station on a solar orbit with like 8k monopropellant and 10k electrical charge, all of the other standard station requirements (cupola, docking station, power generation, etc), but it asked me to put it in a stable solar orbit less than 1 million km. All of the parts are on the verge of exploding due to heat. I can get the periapsis that low, but it's like another 11k delta v to circularize. Lol not sure this is correct or not? Is there a trick to getting a stable orbit that close to the sun? 

Rylant

12 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

does this work in 1.12?

I have been using it. I think Ckan may not list it as current but it still works. For me anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic mod! I've been happily using it for years now.

I'm leaving a reply here because I'm encountering a problem. I can't get the game to give me the Mun surface base contract. I've met all the requirements - namely, completing the MoonLandingStay and BaseMoonScout contracts, but the contract is not being offered. I even tried commenting out the requirements in BaseMoonCore, but still the contract is not offered. Years ago, I believe I used the Alt-F12 console menu to 'complete' the MoonLandingStay contract, as I'd installed this mod in an ongoing save in which I'd already landed on the Mun. I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problem. Regardless, that contract appears as completed, and I legitimately completed the rover contract - landed it and navigated to a desired base location.

Is there anything else I can do to get the game to give me this contract? I'll probably launch a surface base with or without the contract, but I'd like to continue getting contracts from this pack - and I see that BaseMoonCore is a requirement for the surface base contract on Duna as well.

- - - - -

UPDATE: I was able to edit the mod to give me the contract. In 13-SurfaceBases.cfg, within the BaseMoonCore section, comment out the DATA blocks, and in the WAYPOINT block, comment out the roverLocation coordinates and add in your own. To find your rover's coordinates in-game, switch focus to your rover, activate the cheat console and go to the 'set position' menu. The coordinates are listed there. I've included an example of such changes below.

Spoiler
//My personal edit - commenting out DATA functions and hardcoding in the rover coordinates seems to result in the contract being offered
	/*DATA
	{
		type = Vessel
		requiredValue = true
		hidden = true
		uniquenessCheck = CONTRACT_ACTIVE
		targetRover = [ MoonRover ].Where(v => v.IsLanded()).Random()
		title = Get the Moon Base Scout Rover
	}*/

/*DATA
	{
		type = Location
		roverLocation = @/targetRover.Location()
		hidden = true
		title = Get the Moon Base Scout Rover Location
	}*/

BEHAVIOUR
	{
		name = MoonBaseWaypoint
		type = WaypointGenerator
		WAYPOINT
		{
			name = Base Landing Spot
			targetBody = HomeWorld().Children().First()
			icon = balloon
			altitude = 0.0
			//latitude = @/roverLocation.Latitude()
			//longitude = @/roverLocation.Longitude()
			latitude = -65.1477280149254
			longitude = 51.5571286779008
		}
	}

With these changes, Mission Control offers the surface base contract, and generates a waypoint at The Mun exactly where my rover is located. I assume the rest of the contract should progress as expected, but I will update if anything strange happens. I believe a similar bug might occur with the Minmus and Duna surface base contracts, as their syntax appears to be exactly the same as the Mun base contract.

Edited by bvsveera
Bug fix

• 3 weeks later...

Does it replace the default contracts or adds new ones? 

On 6/17/2017 at 5:16 PM, pap1723 said:

You MUST use a Unmanned first Tech Tree. These are the ones I recommend

What is the best one for the current version of the game?

Edited by glorsh66

• 2 months later...

I meet all the requirements for the Space Stations -SSOneYear- contract. And yet it won't show up as available in the contracts building... It's just stuck where normally it would say the unmet requirements you need to accomplish, it says all of them are met! I don't understand...

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, bvsveera said:

Fantastic mod! I've been happily using it for years now.

I'm leaving a reply here because I'm encountering a problem. I can't get the game to give me the Mun surface base contract. I've met all the requirements - namely, completing the MoonLandingStay and BaseMoonScout contracts, but the contract is not being offered. I even tried commenting out the requirements in BaseMoonCore, but still the contract is not offered. Years ago, I believe I used the Alt-F12 console menu to 'complete' the MoonLandingStay contract, as I'd installed this mod in an ongoing save in which I'd already landed on the Mun. I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problem. Regardless, that contract appears as completed, and I legitimately completed the rover contract - landed it and navigated to a desired base location.

Is there anything else I can do to get the game to give me this contract? I'll probably launch a surface base with or without the contract, but I'd like to continue getting contracts from this pack - and I see that BaseMoonCore is a requirement for the surface base contract on Duna as well.

- - - - -

UPDATE: I was able to edit the mod to give me the contract. In 13-SurfaceBases.cfg, within the BaseMoonCore section, comment out the DATA blocks, and in the WAYPOINT block, comment out the roverLocation coordinates and add in your own. To find your rover's coordinates in-game, switch focus to your rover, activate the cheat console and go to the 'set position' menu. The coordinates are listed there. I've included an example of such changes below.

Reveal hidden contents
//My personal edit - commenting out DATA functions and hardcoding in the rover coordinates seems to result in the contract being offered
	/*DATA
	{
		type = Vessel
		requiredValue = true
		hidden = true
		uniquenessCheck = CONTRACT_ACTIVE
		targetRover = [ MoonRover ].Where(v => v.IsLanded()).Random()
		title = Get the Moon Base Scout Rover
	}*/

/*DATA
	{
		type = Location
		roverLocation = @/targetRover.Location()
		hidden = true
		title = Get the Moon Base Scout Rover Location
	}*/

BEHAVIOUR
	{
		name = MoonBaseWaypoint
		type = WaypointGenerator
		WAYPOINT
		{
			name = Base Landing Spot
			targetBody = HomeWorld().Children().First()
			icon = balloon
			altitude = 0.0
			//latitude = @/roverLocation.Latitude()
			//longitude = @/roverLocation.Longitude()
			latitude = -65.1477280149254
			longitude = 51.5571286779008
		}
	}

With these changes, Mission Control offers the surface base contract, and generates a waypoint at The Mun exactly where my rover is located. I assume the rest of the contract should progress as expected, but I will update if anything strange happens. I believe a similar bug might occur with the Minmus and Duna surface base contracts, as their syntax appears to be exactly the same as the Mun base contract.

Any word on if the fix worked for the other contracts?

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble with the first few contracts that require you to get to a certain height. For the first uncrewed flight contract I meet all of the requirements apart from getting 200m into the air, even though I have launched a rocket way past 200 meters.

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 9:41 AM, Czejenesku said:

I feel like an idiot - im a beginner, sure, but I dont get how to make an unmanned rocket fly. It says no remote control or manned command pod installed. I have KOS and remote tech installed btw, does it change things?

For your rocket to be unmanned, you need to have no kerbals on board, however to remain able to control it you need a probe core (StayPutnik, Octo, Hecs etc.). Kos does not change anything to that, don't know about remote tech though.

2 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

For your rocket to be unmanned, you need to have no kerbals on board, however to remain able to control it you need a probe core (StayPutnik, Octo, Hecs etc.). Kos does not change anything to that, don't know about remote tech though.

Ahhh, so thats what I was missing. Well, thats what you get when you dive the kerbal way straight into complex mods right after KSP2 and KSP1 tutorials :D

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.