pap1723

[1.2.2 / 1.3] Career Evolution Contract Pack

Recommended Posts

Dunno if it has been asked before.
Is there any way to manually tell Career Evolution, which planets are which (homeworld/ eve analog/duna analog)
I'm using a highly customised kerbol system, which slightly messes up the intended targeting.
I do have tried to look into the cfgs, but I don't really get far with my limited knowledge alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2017 at 3:54 PM, amadsen87 said:

Hi. Great contract pack! It made me fall in love with KSP again. I´ve run in to a problem. I´ve reached the space station contracts and I've done the first two, but for some reason I can't accept the 90 days in space contract. All the pre-requisites have been met, but it´s not available for me to accept.

Could you please help me figuring out what I'm missing?

Thanks!

This is happening to me too, but with the Year In Space contract. This contract pack is fantastic, just wish it worked better. I'm not brave enough to mess with configs to get the contract accepted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured it out. I finished the six months in space contract by bringing the kerbonauts back home, but doing this left the station empty. The one year in space contract didn't become available until another crew was returned to the station. So this fantastic mod is still working, it just doesn't specify anywhere that a crew needs to be on the station for the next contract to become acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ahres said:

Figured it out. I finished the six months in space contract by bringing the kerbonauts back home, but doing this left the station empty. The one year in space contract didn't become available until another crew was returned to the station. So this fantastic mod is still working, it just doesn't specify anywhere that a crew needs to be on the station for the next contract to become acceptable.

Maybe the craft with an active crew member in orbit is what is being considered a "Station" -- so as soon as you locked up and took the kerbals home, it no longer fulfilled that requirement to the game/contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be the one that keeps coming back with bugs but it's only because I think this mod is fantastic and I want it to be everything it's supposed to be. As others have mentioned, I'm also having trouble with getting the BaseMoonCore contract to be offered, even with Mission Control telling me I've fulfilled all the requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod/thread seems dead? Not sure, asking.....

Does it work with KSP 1.4.3 or 1.4.4....if not, can @linuxgurugamer take a look at this mod? Or anyone else?

I find it frustrating when I miss one of those "career campaign contracts" because I am traveling through space and they seem to never be seen again when/if I miss them the first time.

This would seem to add "replacement" career contracts....sort of....would be a nice contract mod to revive....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As @pap1723 still seems to be active on the forums (as of end of May anyway) you'd need to ask them about the status of this mod. Also I think @linuxgurugamer might have enough to look after as it is! :D

Edited by Pleb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

Thanks!

Well does this work with KSP v1.4.3?

I'm not sure, whilst this contract pack is just the sort of thing I'd love to have in my career I pretty much only use GPP and this isn't compatible unfortunately.

I would suggest testing it to make sure but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pleb said:

I'm not sure, whilst this contract pack is just the sort of thing I'd love to have in my career I pretty much only use GPP and this isn't compatible unfortunately.

I would suggest testing it to make sure but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

I'm trying it out at the moment, it starts of well enough - but I haven't gotten to the complicated contracts like the station or rover ones yet. I'll post some feedback when I have results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This contract pack works with 1.4.x, but has some problems with the station contracts and planet packs whose home planet is not the third planet. That is not because of the KSP version, but it always existed. Just read the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, woeller said:

This contract pack works with 1.4.x, but has some problems with the station contracts and planet packs whose home planet is not the third planet. That is not because of the KSP version, but it always existed. Just read the thread.

Cool, thanks everyone for your feedback! Luckily I don’t mess with Kopernicus and extra planets and whatnot.....so I should be ok in theory I guess....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, love the mod! good evolution through the career, but i have an issue. It's not game breaking in anyway so i'm just saying this fyi, but in the mission "First crew in your space station", you have to send a crew to a space station you put in orbit earlier. To complete the mission, you need to: 

*Launch a new vessel
*Have at least 2 kerbals on board
*Have at least 1 docking port
*Dock to [your spacestation]

So when i rendez vous with the station, all the objectives are complete, accept for the last one. Once I dock with the station though, the docking objective becomes completed, but the contract now thinks that this isn't a new vessel since it is docked to a vessel that was put in orbit a while back. This makes it impossible to complete the contract and thus I have to decline it. So like I said, not really game breaking, just a minor issue :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody figured out what % fund rewards we should set for an RSS save? Last time i tried it seemed to change from mission to mission which was a pain to keep setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The contract rewards for this mod don't seem to be influenced by reputation or the mod that lets you adjust contract rewards....

My contract for my first station is worth like 50,000 funds and I have 650 reputation.

Is there any way to fix this?

@pap1723

Edited by JoE Smash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried this in 1.4.5 and the missions appeared. But also the stock missions from vanilla game. Is this normal?

My fault. You just need to uncheck the stock missions from the career settings

 

Edited by Spikos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  • Accept contracts for orbital and sub-orbital manned flight
  • Launch an empty capsule for the test flight
  • Occasionally land it just next to the launch pad at the KSC
  • Get an engineer inside to check if it's good enough
  • Both contracts gets magically completed and Bill gets an Exceptional contract ribbon.

Is there any way to fix this?

Edited by Eklykti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eklykti said:
  • Accept contracts for orbital and sub-orbital manned flight
  • Launch an empty capsule for the test flight
  • Occasionally land it just next to the launch pad at the KSC
  • Get an engineer inside to check if it's good enough
  • Both contracts gets magically completed and Bill gets an Exceptional contract ribbon.

Is there any way to fix this?

No, not really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.