Jool Tube: Airship Battle!

SQUAD

49 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

That was pretty cool. I'd say it confirms that the next game in the Kerbal franchise should be Kerbal Kombat Flight Simulator. Building, arming, flying, and fighting your own aircraft.

<Gasps>

Make it a thing! Please take two, I would give anything for a version of my second favourite game, combat flight sim 3, which started with a K. 

58 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

That was pretty cool. I'd say it confirms that the next game in the Kerbal franchise should be Kerbal Kombat Flight Simulator. Building, arming, flying, and fighting your own aircraft.

And so the franchise dies before it even has a chance to grow. 

From an avowedly non-militaristic game about the peaceful exploration of space by a bunch of daffy, likeable green aliens, we fall into tired old video game territory where a game isn't a game unless you're killing somebody, competing against somebody (no matter how pointless the competition) or preferably both at the same time.

No thanks. If this comes to pass then I can safely say that KSK will have left the building.

I mean no disrespect to whoever put that video together and I'm sure it's very well made. However, I'm extremely disappointed to see it showcased by Squad. Not a stock part in sight, not a star in sight - this is not the KSP I know.

Edited by KSK

3 minutes ago, KSK said:

And so the franchise dies before it even has a chance to grow. 

From an avowedly non-militaristic game about the peaceful exploration of space by a bunch of daffy, likeable green aliens, we fall into tired old video game territory where a game isn't a game unless you're killing somebody, competing against somebody (no matter how pointless the competition) or preferably both at the same time

To each their own. If the kerbals are determined to remain pacifists despite modders' efforts to drag them into combat, then the concept could be implemented outside the kerbal franchise. AFAIK, what the air combat sim genre is missing is the ability to create your own craft with Lego-style pieces, with a KSP-style craft editor.

9 minutes ago, KSK said:

Not a stock part in sight

It looked like at least some of the wings and control surfaces were stock... /nitpick

On ‎18‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:23 PM, KSK said:

I'm extremely disappointed to see it showcased by Squad. Not a stock part in sight, not a star in sight - this is not the KSP I know.

Actually I think, that is exactly why KSP is such a great game. There is a wide variety of play styles, someone can have a lot fun and never leave the atmosphere, while others go for a Jool 5 mission or build a self sustaining colony on Duna.

Personally, I think a "Kerbin only" focused game could have a lot potential, as the "small" size of the map would allow for better Physics simulation and more performence headroom for new game mecanics.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.