[1.3] Vostok Continued

IronCretin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having the same problem with aerodynamic friction seeming not to affect the Zenith/Sharik capsules?

I've also tried tweaking the .cfg file values but even with x10 air resistance it seems to make no difference?

I'm running this in 1.3.1 alongside various other mods, but nothing like FAR that would affect air resistance. Stock/BDB/Tantares capsules all seem to function as anticipated?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I also have the reentry problem with supersonic speed, but i found a "solution".. Place the smallest stock heatshield on the bottom node, then use the ingame displacement tool to move it into the capsule, out of sight. This solved the issue for me

4 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

So I also have the reentry problem with supersonic speed, but i found a "solution".. Place the smallest stock heatshield on the bottom node, then use the ingame displacement tool to move it into the capsule, out of sight. This solved the issue for me

As far as I know there is a newer Vostok-Capsule in Tantares, based on this one, which was originally from Beale.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2021 at 12:49 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@IronCretinThis mod is the only mod which uses a bulkhead profile of size0.5 and is used by only 4 parts

The more common size is size0p5, and is used in a number of other mods, consisting of over 212 parts

Do you think you can update the mod to use the more common size? 

Ironcretin is not longer active in modding ...... this mod was also now obsolete as there were newer parts to recreate this in the mod it was taken from

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.