Kerbal explosive kolonisation

Space Kadet

@Space Kadet: normally they do on scene load. My guess is that you might have a stake that somehow strayed out of the load bubble (sure hope it's not the physics bubble as that's normally about 200m) but is still being picked up by the survey station (ie, the cause of the NRE). Another worrying thought is having multiple sites with the same name on the same body is causing problems. I'm not so sure I properly tested that, partly because when I did most of my testing, stakes got named by the placing kerbal (eg, Jebediah Kerman Base instead of KSS BBQ Stake). I did most of the work for survey builds back in August 2014 :/.

(only semi-related, but I really need to fix that KIS mis-feature that names dropped parts by the part name rather than the kerbal name)

33 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@Space Kadet: normally they do on scene load. My guess is that you might have a stake that somehow strayed out of the load bubble (sure hope it's not the physics bubble as that's normally about 200m) but is still being picked up by the survey station (ie, the cause of the NRE). Another worrying thought is having multiple sites with the same name on the same body is causing problems. I'm not so sure I properly tested that, partly because when I did most of my testing, stakes got named by the placing kerbal (eg, Jebediah Kerman Base instead of KSS BBQ Stake). I did most of the work for survey builds back in August 2014 :/.

(only semi-related, but I really need to fix that KIS mis-feature that names dropped parts by the part name rather than the kerbal name)

i really dunno what went on, there was 2 dropped stakes both within 100 metres of the boat rover and placed by the kerbal that got out. and when i was trying to build there was nothing else with build capacity. when i flew the drone there i actually came in from the stake direction...

thank god i got out of software engineering, i hate bug hunting :P 

it seems to be working now. i think im just gifted at breaking things....

12 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

ok i have some loge here. I loaded up went to the motherload base and spawned in a new boat, set it to distrubuter and the base to consumer. after a while tried the distribute now, and even tried emptying the LS resources and repeating. still not playing with me.

ksp log https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wttb7uvegnf7lj/KSP.log?dl=0
output log https://www.dropbox.com/s/gspca8pj4uufaqg/output_log.txt?dl=0

@taniwha i think somehow the stakes became un attached from the build section. i have no idea how. but the new space can use the one stake i have left there (i deleted one). is there a way to make them reacquire?

Not sure I'm understanding. You created a new boat, set its storage units to share resources, and the base to consume them? Any screenshots?

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not sure I'm understanding. You created a new boat, set its storage units to share resources, and the base to consume them? Any screenshots?

i knew it! i was sure when i was doing this that i should video it!

well new logs and a video, it wasn't working from the pathfinder window (setting up distribution) however i discovered after selecting individual containers and setting up their own distribution then send half their resources, but it has to be one at a time....

so here is new logs and the video of what i just did....

out https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tk702dq4wf47fv/KSP.log?dl=0
out log https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsiiixla6e2dizc/output_log.txt?dl=0

On 12/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, taniwha said:

*snip*

while your doing kis things :D you could make the small space launcher (ocd) kis buildable and carryable (ive just modded mine so i can carry it but i dunno how to make it available in ose 

i used this code from i stole for a pathfinder peice (sorry @Angel-125 ) i haven't tweaked the location thow so it becomes a giant tutu.....

Spoiler

MODULE:NEEDS[KIS]
    {
        name = ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker
        editorItemsCategory = false
        carriable = true
        equipMode = part
        equipSlot = jetpack
        equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
        equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
        equipPos = (0,-0.2,-0.45)
        equipDir = (0,0,0)
        runSpeed = 0.8
    }

10 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

but i dunno how to make it available in ose

What do you mean? Every part in the game is available for printing in OSE unless it's explicitly included on the blacklist.

Edit: although you won't see it in the part lists in the workshop unless you have at least one container large enough to store it once it's finished.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

11 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

What do you mean? Every part in the game is available for printing in OSE unless it's explicitly included on the blacklist.

Edit: although you won't see it in the part lists in the workshop unless you have at least one container large enough to store it once it's finished.

ah ha, seems a container i had had reverted, thanks! 

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

If money is a concern, you could always mine for ExoticMinerals and RareMetals, and send them back using a rocket built locally. And of course you could go prospecting for Aurum deposits. :)

talk about great minds, ive already built the exotic mineral harvester :P 

2 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

@Angel-125 can you make a reliably reusable launch pad. Maybe as a high impact, high temperature and high pressure resistant part. @Space Kadet, love the series! 

P.S. This comes from a subscriber @Space Kadet

Just as soon as you send me the pull request. :)

8 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

@Angel-125 can you make a reliably reusable launch pad. Maybe as a high impact, high temperature and high pressure resistant part. @Space Kadet, love the series! 

P.S. This comes from a subscriber @Space Kadet

nice to have you subscribed!

5 hours ago, Urses said:

Great Job @Space Kadet realy like your designs!

And i love how the name perfectly suits the series.... Explosions on every offworld start XD

ive only just realised that, but even in real life i get explosions, im currently smelling of butane and burnt hair......

Sorry for the wait over the christmas period, but the wife got me a nintendo switch for chrismas, and then went to her mates and left it unguarded......

• 2 weeks later...

@Space Kadet About your OPT KH class spaceplane at the end of episode 25, you are correct. The high-mounted J-81 in air-breathing mode has the distinct trait of being incredibly powerful at somewhat lower speeds in thick atmosphere and unexpectedly weaker at high speeds in thin atmosphere versus just about every other jet engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.