Kerbal explosive kolonisation

Space Kadet

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Really cool to see the designs you come up with in action. Nice to see your efforts paying off. Also, it looked like you had texture issues with the Duna tanks, they were gray...

yeah dont worry about it, it went away on restart.
 I dont think is was your mod i think it was something in ksp breaking, i also had texture issues on some other ships when i was doing the LS hop and some where stock.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2017 at 8:58 AM, Space Kadet said:

so a question for anyone, whats better the 10 to 15min episodes, or the longer ones? 

Whatever's easiest for you.

I watched NathanKell's RP-0 tutorial campaign and some of those videos are over 3 HOURS long! If a videos too long for a single sitting or I get interrupted then I can always come back to it later.

Fun to watch what you do with the parts. :) That launch pad was built as an alternative to using the survey stakes, which at times can be a challenge to use. The Pipeline mass driver is designed to transfer resources and KIS items between bases. You need Pipelines on both ends. You can transfer items and resources from ground-to-ground, ground-to-orbit, and orbit-to-orbit. Here are a couple of screenshots testing the plugin:

Spoiler

artF4fT.png

DLqcsgV.png

154ekLl.png

KIQtffX.png

Using the crashed truck as a flatbed is a pretty cool idea! :) 2 fps is really slow! Some of my parts do get laggy but I haven't figured out why..

Edited by Angel-125

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Fun to watch what you do with the parts. :) That launch pad was built as an alternative to using the survey stakes, which at times can be a challenge to use. The Pipeline mass driver is designed to transfer resources and KIS items between bases. You need Pipelines on both ends. You can transfer items and resources from ground-to-ground, ground-to-orbit, and orbit-to-orbit. Here are a couple of screenshots testing the plugin:

Hide contents

artF4fT.png

DLqcsgV.png

154ekLl.png

KIQtffX.png

Using the crashed truck as a flatbed is a pretty cool idea! :) 2 fps is really slow! Some of my parts do get laggy but I haven't figured out why..

it wasent your parts that where laggy, the avatar and whats in the space planes is over 1000 parts :P the rest im just learning as i go, i am loving everything....

15 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

missions! im having to do missions for funds again! i forgot all about the bother of this :P 

With Pathfinder the Gold Strike prospecting game mechanic makes it relatively easy (especially if you're using Bon Voyage) to set up a mining rover to go find and dig up valuable resources on Kerbin for a few million a trip.

Not quite as fast a money spinner as Karborundum harvesting I'll admit but less hassle for better rewards than many contracts. 

so im just getting the avatar to Laythe, and so far im on the first gool decelleration burn. its taken 12 hours including reloads, because i have use any physics warp, its running at 2 fps and occasionally things glitch and disappear!

this was only a 300ms burn! the next one is 2k!

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks like a lot of painstaking effort to get the Avatar where it needed to go!

i was dying, there was 3 manouvers in the jool system essentially, and between align and burn time, and fekin up and redoing it, it took me 3 days of effort and i downloaded a slowmo mod. im so tempted to crash the thing for a laugh!

heres the funny thing, i pretty much built a small hand plane out of wood while i was doing it, so ill put that video on youtube later :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.