Viewing SOI's

I have a question, is there a Mod that allows you to see the SOI of a Body?

I'm thinking as a highlighted area/bubble around the Body, although it is a simple thing I have 2 reasons for it.

First, it would help with interplanetary transfers.

Second, for modding I would like to see the SOI to make sure they are not too big/small etc.. [a problem I had making TheVerse].

I would not be able to do this myself as I have no programming skills, but expect/hope it would be simply enough?

So is there a Mod already or is someone willing to make one?

Edited by Pretorian28715

Kopernicus has the ability to do this. For example, this ModuleManager config would enable the SOI debugging for all bodies that are currently in the system:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[*],* // use the name of a planet here, instead of the first * to view the SOI of only one planet.
	{
		%Debug
		{
			showSOI = True
		}
	}
}

The result would look like this then:

QJdphXX.png

Edited by Thomas P.

17 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Kopernicus has the ability to do this. For example, this ModuleManager config would enable the SOI debugging for all bodies that are currently in the system:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[*],* // use the name of a planet here, instead of the first * to view the SOI of only one planet.
	{
		%Debug
		{
			showSOI = True
		}
	}
}

The result would look like this then:

-Snip-

Thanks, That's good, but I noticed that if you are too far away then it is not displayed, figures that it would not be worth showing it from too far as it would merge into the Body.

What I was thinking/hoping of is a shell around the planet itself (which is kind of what this does), that can be toggled (I like how it colours based on the orbit track colour too).

Can this have a HotKey?

Edited by Pretorian28715
re-read this and thought - idiot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.