@HiThere!2 What mod do you use for the Orion itself? 

P.S. Whenever I try to fly a rocket in RO, it stays on the launchpad from having an extremely low TWR (not on purpose) even though it looks fine.

17 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@sevenperforce I'm just waiting for HiThere!2 to submit his mission entry for EM-1.

Also, why didn't you use my badges in your signature (sure, they're very ugly).

**sigh** Can you post EM-2 just so I can get started? I'm a bit overeager.

Want me to design more...eh...aesthetic badges?

11 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@sevenperforce Of course!

Okay, here's your base image.

Orion_Style.png

Just add a star for each mission you complete in sequence, rather than having a separate badge for each mission. That way signatures don't get cluttered. For example, my current badge would have three stars, but once I complete EM-2, I'd delete it and replace it with a four-star badge.

Ok, but plan the DSG first, (carefully) as you will send it to the Mun first and then assemble the ship launching from it with SLS launches.

39 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Ok, but plan the DSG first, (carefully) as you will send it to the Mun first and then assemble the ship launching from it with SLS launches.

I'll start once you post the mission requirements.

Oh, at least you're working on it, I will soon release a pre-release of the mod you've seen in my past entries.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Oh, at least you're working on it, I will soon release a pre-release of the mod you've seen in my past entries.

Problem: this is KSP; there are no halo orbits.

Please advise.

EDIT: Possible replacements: high polar munar orbit, low polar munar orbit, very high equatorial munar orbit, very high slightly-inclined munar orbit, munosynchronous elliptic Kerbin orbit.

Edited by sevenperforce

Instead use a Munar orbit with a low PE above the north pole and a high AP above the south pole.

8 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I never said that te PPM should have multiple docking ports. Also, thanks for the reference site!

"Launch an SLS Block 1B Crew with the DSG Power and Propulsion Module and put it into a Cismunar Near Rectilinear Halo Orbit(DO NOT DOCK THE ORION TO THE SHIP!!!) Station part needs 2 docking ports, one at the front and one at the back.(Station part needs solar panels and ion engines.)"

Just now, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Oh, I just didn't know that the PPM had only 1 DP and was quite tired then.

No problem! Anyway, I did the EM-2 as planned by NASA. Orion on top of the DSG component, inside a fairing on top of the EUS. Launch to LKO, then one preliminary burn with the EUS to raise Ap to supersynchronous orbit. After the first supersynch orbit, the Orion and Service Module separate and burn the SM engine at Pe to enter a free-return, while the EUS sends the DSG component on a munar flyby escape trajectory. After insertion, the two separate; the EUS rockets out of Kerbin's SOI while the DSG component does a hard insertion burn on its ions at munar Pe for capture.

I don't much like the polar orbit, given that the purpose of the halo orbit for the real DSG is to be easy to reach from Earth, but oh well.

31 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Can you please post an imgur album?

I've got one better!

@Bottle Rocketeer 500

Here's Exploration Mission 3:

As far as EM-4 is concerned, I'm a little lost. You don't really give much information about any of these launches; there are almost no requirements to meet. What should the Logistics module be? A mobile processing lab? Radiators? A lab with a probe core and some RCS thrusters? Comms? Science instruments? A cupola so it can be piloted in to dock? Ya gotta give me something to work with.