On 8/27/2017 at 6:30 AM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I'll make the misssions when I found the data that I usesed as a reference for the missions.

Well, here's this data:

slschart2.jpg

Here are some additional details: https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2017/04/nasa-goals-missions-sls-eyes-multi-step-mars/

Unfortunately, NASA simply does not have concrete plans beyond EM-6 at this time. However, based on the above reference plan, I would propose the following missions:

• EM-7A: SLS Block 1B crew, but "logistics" should be replaced with an Ike-capable lander which docks to one of the side docks on the Deep Space Transport. Keep Orion at the DSG; you should now have two separate Orion spacecraft at the DSG.
  • EM-8: SLS Block 1B cargo; fully fuel the Deep Space Transport and deliver an autonomous relaysat which docks on the other side of the Deep Space Transport.
  • EM-7B: Undock the Deep Space Transport from the Deep Space Gateway and dock one Orion to the Deep Space Transport. Send the Deep Space Transport with crew on a transfer to Duna; do not warp there.
  • EM-9: First flight of SLS Block 2 Crew. SLS Block 2 should use advanced liquid boosters in place of the SRBs. Send Orion and a logistics/refueling module for the Deep Space Gateway; fully refuel the DSG; you should have additional bipropellant fuel in the logistics module for EM-10. Send the old Orion back to Kerbin; keep the new Orion docked to the DSG.
  • EM-10A: SLS Block 2 Cargo. Send a reusable, partially fueled, unmanned Munar lander to the Deep Space Gateway. Lander must be capable of transporting 3 kerbals to the Mun's surface and back to the DSG as a single stage. Fuel it from the EM-9 logistics module, jettison the logistics module, and then use the DSG propulsion system to place the DSG into an equatorial orbit.
  • EM-7C: Warp the rest of the way to Duna. Use the Deep Space Transport to capture into an eccentric Duna orbit and release the relaysat at periapse; the relaysat should use its own engines to circularize. Place the DST in Ike orbit, then land on Ike with the lander. Retrieve a surface sample and return to the DST, then make the injection burn to return to Kerbin. Do not warp back to Kerbin.
  • EM-10B: Use the Munar lander to land on the Mun. Retrieve a surface sample. Return to the DSG and dock; use Orion to return crew to Kerbin. DSG will be uncrewed.
  • EM-7D: Deep Space Transport arrives back in Munar space and docks with Deep Space Gateway. Use Orion to return crew to Kerbin.
  • EM-11: SLS Block 2 Crew. Send Orion plus logistics to the DSG; logistics should refuel everything, including lunar lander. Keep Orion at DSG. Use the DSG propulsion system to place the DSG back in a polar Munar orbit.

Further missions:

• EM-12: SLS Block 2 Cargo. Send an uncrewed Duna lander and ascent vehicle to LKO. It should include a heat shield, a hab, a rover, and space for four crew in the ascent vehicle. It does not need to be reusable.
  • EM-13: SLS Block 2 Crew. Send Orion with an autonomous ISRU station to the Deep Space Gateway; return old Orion to DSG. Using the lunar lander refueled on EM-11, take crew and the ISRU station to one of the Munar poles. Set up the ISRU station, do not refuel the lunar lander, return it to the DSG. Keep crew at DSG
  • EM-14A: SLS Block 2 Cargo. Send a small braking/insertion bus for the Duna lander to dock with it in LKO, then use the EUS to send it on Duna injection. Do not warp.
  • EM-15: SLS Block 2 Crew. Send Orion with an autonomous refueling tanker to the DSG. Use the refueling tanker to land at the polar ISRU station, refuel, and return to the DSG+DST to refuel it. Make repeated trips as necessary. Keep both Orions there.
  • EM-14B: Duna lander/ascent vehicle arrives at Duna; use the braking bus to capture.
  • EM-16A: SLS Block 2 Crew. Send Orion plus logistics (xenon refuel, etc.) to DSG. Dock two Orions with DST and make the transfer burn to Duna.
  • EM-17: SLS Block 2 Cargo. Send a permanent Munar surface hab to the DSG; use the refueling tanker to deliver it to the surface, one-way.
  • EM-18A: SLS Block 2 Crew. Send Orion and a replacement refueling tanker to the DSG; do not return old Orion to Kerbin.
  • EM-16B: DST arrives at Duna, docks with lander/ascent vehicle. 4 Kerbals to Duna surface.
  • EM-19: SLS Block 2 Cargo. Send a second reusable Munar lander to the DSG. Refuel and then send it down to the Mun base unmanned. Continue to refuel the DSG as necessary from the polar ISRU station.
  • EM-16C: Duna ascent vehicle returns to DST, DST makes burn back to Kerbin. Do not warp yet.
  • EM-18B: Send crew of 3 down to base in Munar lander, then return only one member to DSG, leaving two in the base. Return one Orion with 2 crew members to Kerbin.
  • EM-16D: DST returns to the DSG.

Edited by sevenperforce

2 hours ago, tater said:

Too lazy to be very particular about mission order, etc in stock... but had to mess with capsule recoloring in SSTU.

zLwASRR.png

@taterNice job,looks nice, is the ATV-like spacecraft's main module from FusTek? Or SSTU? Or CX Aerospace?

5 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

All right; I'll get started on the modded EM-7.

@sevenperforceGot it, but are u using mods other than Tweakscale or not?

3 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@taterNice job,looks nice, is the ATV-like spacecraft's main module from FusTek? Or SSTU? Or CX Aerospace?

@sevenperforceGot it, but are u using mods other than Tweakscale or not?

By "modded" I meant "modified", as in, the Ike Lander replacing Logistics. I only use Tweakscale.

Edited by sevenperforce

7 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Oh, but I am using your mission plan for the missions, by just linking to your post in the OP. Also, why is the only mod that you use Tweakscale? Playing on a potato?

Great! I'm glad the missions I came up with worked out well. Hopefully no one runs into any snags.

My computer is pretty good, actually, but I just prefer to go without modding for the most part. Less to worry about, and less chance that what I use will be incompatible with other players.

1 minute ago, sevenperforce said:

Great! I'm glad the missions I came up with worked out well. Hopefully no one runs into any snags.

My computer is pretty good, actually, but I just prefer to go without modding for the most part. Less to worry about, and less chance that what I use will be incompatible with other players.

I remember playing KSP on a relatively old laptop, and when I installed a mod, KW Rocketry, it lagged a lot. That was when I considered it too risky to fly Kerbals to the Mun, but sent Mun probes instead.

12 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

That's the reason I made the mod! Now, I'm working on another mod which makes a stockalike SLS and Orion. For this challenge, mods are allowed, but stock is preferred. 

Wait waaaaa you made THAT MOD WOW! Great job!

11 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Not completely, as if you look in its OP, a lot of it was made by @nothke with 1 texture by me, and one by @TheShadow1138.

P.S. While I'm writing this, my shuttle crashed into the flagpole on the launchpad.

Oh ok plus hahaha it happens with the un even thrust distributation happens to me about 34 times befor i found Cormorant areonolagy plus shuttle systems by @DECQ I recommend having a look at his mods cuz his are pretty detailed.

11 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

Oh ok plus hahaha it happens with the un even thrust distributation happens to me about 34 times befor i found Cormorant areonolagy plus shuttle systems by @DECQ I recommend having a look at his mods cuz his are pretty detailed.

Yes, I just didn't have enough thrust, so the shuttle flipped because of that. 

EFT-1

By the way, I will continue this progression in my mission report, Genesis Inc. 

Spoiler

Genesis Corp has decided that in order to colonize space, they need a multi-purpose capsule for Mun and Minmus landings which would be difficult to say the least in a shuttle. 

Mr. Kerman has given the Artemis Program his approval and the engineers got to work.  

2cZmmjX.png

The Artemis Block-1 is launching from the KSC, and hour before sunrise. The JS-2s are propelling this spacecraft up to great speeds. 

A0No2VB.png

The spacecraft is unmanned, because the engineers have deemed this spacecraft a test, also because the new heat shield is being tested. 

5X9vOmI.png

The gravity turn was too shallow and I was forced to use the last stage to propel us into orbit. 

Cy210wL.png

Here are the solar panels deployed. The engineers have said this solar panels aren't efficient enough, but it looks cool. We are propelling the spacecraft up to high orbit, 5,800,032 meters to be exact. 

285SifU.png

At 5,8,000,000 meters roughly, deorbiting the Artemis, which has preformed excellently. Next time though we can't wait to test out the Hera 1b, the mother of all boosters. 

qI74a4H.png

Descending down to the planet. Beautiful view. 

dGiIqUt.png

Heat shield holding up just fine. That means the next flight will be manned, sorry, kerballed. 

Sc2jRgV.png

Still burning up. My trajectory was quite shallow so my ablator is burning fast. 

9Z2CvHL.png

Coming down with the parachutes deployed. Apparently the modded heat-shield doesn't have a jettison button so it's stuck on there. 

vy3JXxf.png

Moments from splash down on the other-side of the globe. I WAS aiming at the KSC, but I failed horribly.

rQftlUI.png

The EFT-1 was a success with plenty of bonuses, including the increased funding of the Artemis program. Exploration Mission 1 will be launched soon!

Edited by Alpha 360

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.