InfiniteDice

15dbeyf.png

Tired of not getting a better dip in the waters of Kerbin? Tired of not having the FREEDOM to walk on things that are under the water? Sick and tired of not being able to look at things below the water? Totally fed-up with not having a sub water layer showing where the water ends and the sky begins?

Watch the Youtube Video!

Look no further... Ker-Plunk your KSP now!

- Effects are only shown during EVA.

- Not tested on other planets.

Left Shift and Left control adjust up/down rate of travel.

GET IT HERE

Have Fun!

Edited by InfiniteDice

1 hour ago, InfiniteDice said:

Thanks, yes it does have very limited usage :)

I can't remember if I have RoverDude's sub pack installed in this game or not, but if I do, that ups its use-ability. Really interested in how that large piece under the command pod had a float power setting allowing you to sink/float it. If I could add that function to a few parts to build underwater bases and junk that'd be great.

22 hours ago, vardicd said:

Really interested in how that large piece under the command pod had a float power setting allowing you to sink/float it. If I could add that function to a few parts to build underwater bases and junk that'd be great.

Haha yeah, that is the re-imagined boatparts code. My thought was to strip it down and release it with the oldest boatparts from the original pack. Even that would take work. Optionally I was thinking of releasing it as a small surface attach module that would set boatparts code up on any vessel. More testing of course would be needed before I decide either way. :) 

Just now, InfiniteDice said:

Haha yeah, that is the re-imagined boatparts code. My thought was to strip it down and release it with the oldest boatparts from the original pack. Even that would take work. Optionally I was thinking of releasing it as a small surface attach module that would set boatparts code up on any vessel. More testing of course would be needed before I decide either way. :) 

That'd be cool, hope that works out, I'd download that straight away, and just a heads up, I played around with ker-plunk today, and think I found a bug. I'm uploading a video to youtube now showing what happens, and once that's done i'll post it here, along with the output log. basically my kerbals get stuck after walking under water, when they try and come back onto dry land.

Mmm. Strange, I didn't notice that in old tests however some alterations to the code have been made so it's possible that in doing so could have introduced an issue. What other mods are you running at the same time?

I'll take a look at it before I hit the sheets tonight.

Looks like you were having a good time though! lol 

Thanks for the report. :) 

1 hour ago, InfiniteDice said:

Mmm. Strange, I didn't notice that in old tests however some alterations to the code have been made so it's possible that in doing so could have introduced an issue. What other mods are you running at the same time?

I'll take a look at it before I hit the sheets tonight.

Looks like you were having a good time though! lol 

Thanks for the report. :) 

A lot. I'm about to head to bed, will try and compile a list after work tomorrow. I'm running at least 65+ mods.

Another small update for this... I added an options.cfg in the /plugins directory, it allows you to disable the underwater layer and/or the fog effects. Also cleaned up a few things and fixed a bug.

New file is up on curse. - Could still be pending approval... Look for the June 23rd file.

Edited by InfiniteDice

I'm having issues with Kerplunk disabling my arrow keys once a vessel's hull reaches a certain depth in the water. This happens with surface ships, submarines, etc.. (And this is with the newest version, of the mod) As soon as the vessel reaches the depth that it disables my arrow keys, the view defaults to underwater looking up at the hull.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.